Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashanth Inna
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth InnaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old and am pregnant before 10 days but I am suffering from back ache and my belly in the evening is filling with gas .what should I do .Please tell.
I am having a severe hips pain from 2 days It all started after my gym workout Can you find a remedy for this as that I can not turn a side.
The wrist plays a crucial role in some of the most basic movements ranging from typing to writing to eating. When you have a wrist pain, it may interfere with your day-to-day activities and cast a negative impact on the quality of your life. The wrist is not just any joint; it rather comprises of several small joints that act as a connecting point between the bones of forearm and hand. You may suffer from wrist pain due to sudden trauma or injury, and before choosing any treatment option, it is important to determine the causes of wrist pain.
What are the symptoms of wrist pain?
The symptoms of wrist pain may vary depending on what’s causing it. Some people may suffer from a pain that they describe to be achy or dull while others may have a sharp pain that radiates locally. In addition to pain in the wrist, other symptoms may also develop including bruising and swelling. A weakness of the hand with numbness and tingling sensation might also occur when the pain is stemming from carpal tunnel syndrome. Some of the common symptoms of wrist pain may include:
- Trouble in gripping objects- It may become difficult or uncomfortable to hold or grasp objects
- Stiffness may occur in the wrist as well as the fingers
- Clicking sound in moving the wrist which may become severe after rest for some time
These symptoms can range from mild to severe and may become worse with time. Also, the pain may occur while performing certain activities. As the condition worsens, the pain occurs even during rest. The feeling of numbness may be so strong that the affected individual will lose sensitivity to heat and cold and may lose gripping ability altogether.
What are the treatment options for wrist pain?
Treatments of wrist pain can vary to a great extent, and it is administered on the basis of type, location, and severity of the injury while age and overall health also play a role.
- Medicines: Pain relievers such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and others may be helpful in reducing wrist pain. You may also take stronger pain relievers if your doctor prescribes it.
- Therapy: Specific therapeutic treatments and workouts may be useful in alleviating wrist injuries and tendon problems. If your problem needs surgical interventions, your physical therapist can help with rehabilitation post-surgery. In case the bones have been broken, the pieces need to be aligned for facilitating proper healing.
- Surgical interventions: In some severe cases of wrist pain, surgery may be recommended. For instance, if you have severely broken bones or carpal tunnel syndrome or if your ligament or tendon requires repair, surgery may be the last resort.
Wrist pain is common and often occur due to sudden injuries. However, they also occur due to certain long-term ailments as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!