Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrashanthYour feedback matters!
I am getting dark patches on face. And I feel burning sensation after I wash the face. I have previously consulted a dermatologist they suggested me to use "keto" but no results were for found. And izzz laser treatment for eyes is good or bad for health?
Hello . My face is very dirty with dark face . And my face is black . I need a superior face. So what can I do.
I am 27 yrs old and I have a small hole type on both of the chicks, few yrs before I was getting pimples but now it is stopped. But after that small hole remained. So I need the suggestion of how to clear it.
Hlo. Sir or mam. I have so much oil on my skin as after using oil control products give me suggestion or medicine to control oil from my skin nd look dry face?
My daughter is 16years old she is in hostel she is complaining that her neck is becoming black and is spreading upto chin.
Just for good skin, what should I do, pimple free, I have marks of pimples, I use many creams to cover this but :-/ Now I am using clindamycin phosphate and nicotinamide gel, my friend said me about this, it only remove acne but The marks are still same, suggest any best cream for clear skin without pimples nd marks #thanks.
Hello sir My mom is 47 years old. My mom has so many wrinkles and black circles under eyes. How can these problem cured if possible at this old? Please help.
Hi my friend having some skin problem for pines, inside of the pines skin becoming as a white color and losing what is there before skin, its is spreading slowly. Please suggest how cure this.
Sir I am 25 years old I burned my hand 8 months earlier now a white patch mark appears on that burned place it looks bad. I want to remove that burn mark please suggest.
Sir I have taken co2 laser treatment for scar. 4days ago. What protection should I take and which creams I use which are not so costly.
My fingertips and heels get severely chipped and cracks develop especially in winters. What should I do.
I have black spots as well as pimples. I have seen on the internet the home remedies for pimple removal. There was a method, in which mixture of sugar, milk powder and honey was there. Should I use it ?
Scars are referred to as marks left on the skin or body tissue, caused by an accident or injury. Scars are part of the natural healing process that takes place after an injury. When the white blood cells attack bacteria, they cause physical changes to the underlying skin cells around the area, thereby leading to the formation of a scar.
There are different types of scars, caused due to different factors. Some of the commonly occurring scars are:
1) Atrophic scars - These types of scars are flat against the upper layer of the skin. This type of scarring is caused by hyperpigmentation and is marked by discolored parts and patches of the skin. Initially, they are red, dark and raised. With the help of medicines and passage of time, they gradually fade away.
2) Hypertrophic scars - These types of scars appear to be elevated or raised and are caused as a result of a disparity in the production of collagen (connective tissues). These scars do not extend beyond the outline of the original wound, and can remain for a period 2-5 years. Hypertrophic scars turn flatter and paler with the course of time and with the help of requisite medication.
3) Keloid scars - Keloid scars tend to appear when the skin goes through an aggressive healing process. This causes thick, dark, clustered scars to form, which are often in contrast with the surrounding skin. Secretion of excess collagen on the affected area can also be a cause of keloid scars. Although medications are used, the most effective way to remove keloid scars is through surgery.
4) Scar contractures - This type of scar is caused due to burns. Burns present on the joints and creases stiffen the affected area, causing difficulty in movement and flexibility. Deep contracture scars may in some cases lead to dysfunctions in nervous and muscular activities.
5) Acne scars - Acne and pimples are acute skin problems, and the marks they leave behind are long lasting. Acne scars are caused due to severe acne and show differing patterns when it comes to their shape, type, and depth. In fact, the treatment for acne scars varies depending on these factors.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for clear skin?
1. To make a tomato remedy for fair skin, you can follow some easy steps such as:
- You add 2 tsp of lemon juice and 1 to 2 tomatoes into a blender.
- You add gram flour (besan) to it.
- You blend well to create a smooth paste.
- You apply this paste on the face.
- Then you keep for 20 minutes.
- You wash off with the cool water.
2. Choose a sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 15 or higher. If you have fair skin, you should consider choosing a higher minimum SPF of 30 to 50. Apply 1 ounce (a golf ball-sized amount) of sunscreen 30 minutes before going outside, and then reapply every 2 hours or after swimming, sweating, or toweling off.
3. Mix 1 teaspoon each of honey and milk, and apply the paste over your face and neck. Apply a paste of 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice on darkened skin. Beat an egg well and apply the fluffy mixture to your face. Wash it off after it's dry.