Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. PrashantYour feedback matters!
I am a 53 years male, suffering from diabetes since 3 years, taking an ayurvedic capsule madhu sanjeevini and the diabetes is under control. Since 1 month, while sitting and passing urine, I feel the bladder is incomplete, urine is passing continuosly by stopping and stopping. For eg, if I pass 200 ml urine, it stops and again it comes to 100 ml, again it comes to 50 ml. Some times dropping of urine. What could be the reason? please suggest.
" The theme of world kidney day 2017 is “kidney disease and obesity. Healthy lifestyle for healthy kidneys”"
Quick kidney facts
On occassion of world kidney day 9th march 2017. Here are a few interesting facts about kidney.
They're not just your body's cleanup crew. Without them we’d be swimming in our own waste.
We’re born with a pair, yet we can manage with just one. That’s why you can donate a kidney and remain alive and well.
1. The kidneys have a higher blood flow than even the brain, liver or heart.
2. The kidneys reabsorb and redistribute 99% of the blood volume and only 0.1% of the blood filtered becomes urine.
3. Healthy kidneys work 24hrs a day/7 days a week to clean the blood.
4. Kidneys will continue performing until they have lost 75-80% of their function.
5. Kidneys represent only 0.5% of total body’s weight
6. The kidneys of a newborn baby are about 3x larger in proportion to body weight as in the adult.
7. Kidney stones are an accumulation of mineral salts and mostly combined with calcium which can lodge anywhere along the course of the urinary tract.
8. Refined carbohydrates and sugar will stimulate the pancreas to release insulin. This causes extra calcium to be excreted in the urine. Alas, kidney stones.
9. Kidney beans (rajma), true to their name are kidney shaped. They provide nutrients that are helpful to the human kidneys.
10. Each kidney contains 1 million individual filters. They filter an average of around 1.3 liters (2.2 pints) of blood per minute, and expel up to 1.4 liters (2.5 pints) a day of urine.
Take good care of such a vital organ.
What should be diet for CKD patient. I am taking simple sabji with jau (barley) roti occasionally taking idli or sattu or dhokla or dalia or some time sweet and rice also. Is This ok for me. You are requested to pl suggest a suitable diet plan.
My father 75 yrs old diagnosed prostate enlargement now he is using urine bag. Scan report shows grade III, PSA value 85. After 3 weeks medication antibiotic PSA value 75. Any possibility without surgery to recover. Any other medication can cure?
I have stomach pain when I am eating food do vomiting and urine color is yellow also did vomiting morning it was very bad smell and orange color.
Dear doctor. I am diabetic age 60+, stenting in 2001. Suffering from frequent uti since 2 years. Details as below uro flow on 12-4-2013 14.2/10/502 voiding time 50 sec uro flow on 26-6-2015 5.5/3.4/322 voiding time 96 sec prostate 21cc is constant sice 3 years. E coli is +ve. In feb 15 one testicles swelled, at that time also e coli was positive. Present psa 1.26, creatine 1.13, hba1c 6.38, fasting /pp 106/178. Usg both kidney normal, urinary bladder ie well distanced, wall thickening noted. Multiple internal echoes pre void vol 386/post 15cc. Urine pus cell 6-8 hpf, epithelial cell 3-5. Previous x ray genito urinary asu dtd 12-4.2013 remarks spastic prostatic and membranous urethra. Noticed ring like strictures in penice urethra. Present Dr. Has advised rgu (retrograde urethrogram and cyshscopy +o/v. I donot have temperator. Present problem. Feeling pressure during urination, dribblng, weak stream, unable to hold, smell in urine, require one or two urination at night. Kindly advice why there is obstruction in urine path. What is possibility of line of treatment left for me. Regards
Sir, I had a total colostomy+mucosa proctectomy+ileo anal anastomosis in 2012. My motion frequency is still 8-10 times per day. Is it normal or how much time required for full recovery?
Hi sir I have a stone in my kidney. and am suffering high pain of it. How I can mange it. How to melt that stone and what measures I have to take.
What is the symptoms for kidney stone. And what are the preventions will be taken before the kidney stone.
On 18 april, it was just a rub of penis above vagina and my vagina was cover with my underwear and my partner was nude sperm drops also came. After this few drop of blood came through the urine and the period came after 6 hour as scheduled on 18 april. I am having mild pain in my abdomen, waist and back. Irritation in vagina and sometimes mild pain in it. What is it? And why these are occurring? How to get rid of it? Please explain every things in detail Is it pregnancy, urinary tract infection or something else?
I'm having anal fissure and itching in anal region. So what is the best ointment for healing of fissure and get rid of itching quickly.
The pair of kidneys that human beings have, forms an important part in the excretory system. They perform specific and important functions. They excrete urine as well as help in eliminating the toxins, which accumulate in the body. Kidney stones occur when the minerals present in the urine without being discharged, keep on accumulating. This gives rise to an extremely painful and uncomfortable situation. Though sometimes the situation gets revoked all by itself, many a times it requires medical intervention.
Some of the symptoms of kidney stones are:
- Excruciating pain in the back
- Pain while urinating
- Tendencies to vomit
However, there are several preventive measures which you can undertake in order to avert the situation. Some of them are:
- Drink lots of water: Kidney stone is one of those rare conditions that once occurred, always carry the latent threat of recurring again. Therefore, drinking water in large quantities becomes essential. The more you drink water, the more frequently you would urinate, thereby curbing the chances of the minerals settling in the kidneys.
- Avoid certain foods: Food like beets, spinach, those which are replete with calcium oxalate should be avoided in order to minimize chances of having kidney stones.
- Change your diet: If you are trying to avoid the eventuality of developing kidney stones, it is imperative that you change your diet a bit. It is recommended that you exclude animal protein as much as possible and assiduously avoid the intake of salt as much as possible.
- Take less calcium supplements: Calcium generally is considered a nemesis to your kidneys and is prescribed by doctors to be avoided. However recent research has thwarted this claim. Calcium does not pose a threat to kidneys. However calcium supplements definitely do and therefore, should be avoided.