Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. PrashantYour feedback matters!
I m suffering by back pain from last 2 months. I fall when I was play football. Pain is at left side of my back and when I walk for a long distance pain increase. What is solution for that type of pain?
I am having backbone paining when I am tired every time and tree was fallen on me that's y it's paining in cloudy atmosphere.
Last Saturday night my brother fall down from bike and he get fracture on left hand elbow. His treatment continue from ayurvedic doctor. What is the best diet and cure for him.
Very! Urgent, Hi sir, my mom was accident on Sunday today is 4th day, she have head injured that is DAI, left leg fractured, she is unconscious. In this case can we have go to for surgery? Dr. said if your not go to surgery your mother leg was completely removed. So kindly advise as soon as possible.
I am 48 yrs male have peripheral nuretis taking gabentin and ayurvedeic medicne 93 kgs severe burning sensation starts in the evening difficulty in car driving due to numbness.
I had suffered from chikungunya. I was asked to take multivitamin and calcium tablet as I still am suffering with pain in my ankle and wrist. I would like to know till how long I need to continue taking these tablets. And what is the difference between common calcium tablets available eg shelcal available in d market and products nutrilite calcium tablets ie cal mag D and nutrilite multivitamin tablets.
Hi I am having pain in my right leg after cycling. Used an ointment but no relief from that What to do.
Im 21 years old have back pain from two months due to back pain I can not able do my work sometimes can I get a solution.
My wife is suffering from osteoporosis since 10 years. She is unable to walk and face difficulty in discharging daily work. There remains swelling on her face and legs. Medicines are not working. please advise.
My father has pain in knees so problem in sitting or standing. My father did very hard work do in past and present. So what can for release the pain. Thanks again.
Hi! today morning I hav cut myself with a iron rod. It was not rusted & my cut is not too serious enough. Should I go for a tetanus injection?
My back site cervical. Pain is so much, I can sit a chair in proper style & doing the exercise. But pain is not control why?
Hey. I am a cricketer. My height is 6.5 ft. Because of my extraordinary height I am a fast bowler. But when I bowl 10-12 deliveries. Then I feel very much pain in my lower back on left side. Please please please please help me. This back issue is disturbing my cricket life. Please help me please. Thank you.
I am working in bpo in night shift. Having issue with back pain. How to resolve it. Does smoking have any impact on this.
I'm 21 years old I felt an accident 2 years back but still my left leg pain very bad. What I should do get relief. please tel me fast.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again.
Related Tip: "5 Common Causes of Hip Pain in Women"