Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna KumarYour feedback matters!
I'm a software developer and I've to use laptop daily, suffering from Myopia, having -7 (R) & -6.5 (L) lens in my specs. Please suggest me how to get over it and get back the normal eye?
Respected sir /ma'am I am 42 years old and a diabetic patient since a week my right eye was paining and cos f it my head was aching I thought it might b cos f cold but after persistent pain I consulted a doctor who said dat I have number in eyes around 1.50 nd 0.50 bt doctor said that as per my complaint of fog vision from one eye it cannot be js d reason of spectacles so he sent me to a retina specialist nd doctor chekcd my eye and said that I have yellow dots inside my eye cos f wich he suggested me some tests sch as ANGIOGRAPHY - CBC - ESR - SACE - S.ca- MT XRAY - CHEST S.VDRL - FBS, PBBS r all dese test necessary ?is my condition of eye serious! Am very much confused Please reply as soon as possible Thanks!
A person aged 51 having Diabetic problem and lost his vision now. He is under Insulin control and taking Insulin 3 times per day. Is it possible or not possible getting his vision once he controls the sugar level?
My eyes are allergic to dust. Conjunctivitis like symptoms keep recurring every 2 months. And I think my eyes are dry. Are they related? What can I do other than taking any drugs?
Sir what is the solution for Myopia short sight -2, I am worn eye glass from 3-4 years. But not correct this problem. Please tell me any solution for this. Iam not interest wear glass or contact lenses. How to cure this problem?
I have pain in my eyes for last 10 days, I have numbers on my eyes and wearing the glasses but still have pain, please help me.
I am 15 years old girl . water comes from my eyes when I reads and using computer please Dr. Can you say any suggestion.
I had retina detachment operation near 2 weeks ago. Operation was successful but as my vision getting clearer I am facing some weaving view in a straight line round objects are not round from my operation eye. Please Can you explain the reason why I am facing this situation.
I have red eyes from 7 years I had consult with doctors but I did not see any changes so can you please suggest me what I am suppose to do.?
I feel pain in my eye when m on Mobile ph. And become red. Is thr any treatment for it. As m also were glass -2.5.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, stinging and a burning sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.