Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna Kumar K MYour feedback matters!
I'm 25 years old girl. I have severe headache and stomach for a long time. And also I have doubt about having thyroid. Can you please tell me how to prevent thyroid.
My sugar in morning fasting was 75 but after break fast 2 hrs latter is 220 intake medicine before breakfast why it is so high after break fst.
I am a 20 year female. I have under active thyroid. It is under control now but still I am suffering from facial edema. Please suggest something.
Populations that follow traditional diets low in animal fat and high in complex carbohydrates and who remain physically active have a far lower incidence of diabetes than those who follow a western diet and activity pattern. The incidence of diabetes has been found to be lower in vegetarians than non vegetarians.
A higher intake of dietary fiber, particularly in the form of fruits and vegetables, results in lower postprandial glucose. In addition, high-fiber diets often contain micronutrients important in glucose tolerance, including magnesium and Vitamin E.
Having dm type 2 even agter taking lentus insulin+anti hypertrnsive+oral anti dm (metgormin+glimpride) not nenifitted. They say resistance developed for taking lengthy duration. Ihave had angioplasty 8 years back. What should I do ?
My grandfather has diabetes. His diabetes has increased and reached by 350. Now he is not able to see from his one eye. What should we do to control his diabetes.
Dear sir I have suffering high uric acid 9. So please tell me how can control this and sugest which medicine I will take. I had checked before 1 week uric acid 9 was coming on report.
Ayurveda, the traditional way of healing is known to be a crucial and effectual therapy for a lot of ailments. Since the primitive ages, mankind has been approaching Ayurveda for remedial purposes and in most instances have reaped fruitful results. Ayurveda seeks to heal diseases using natural herbs that are said to resonate well with the four elemental constituents of beings, i.e air, water, earth and fire. Ayurveda uses myriad herbs and natural ingredients in a unique proportion to impart physical as well as spiritual wellness. One of the most common and yet fairly formidable disease plaguing modern lives is diabetes, induced by imbalance in the blood sugar levels in the human body.
Ayurveda recommends the use of a few select herbs to control and alleviate the blood sugar imbalance.
- Gymnema Leaf: Indigenously called gurmar, Gymnema leaves regulate the insulin level in our body. It not only prevents absorption of sugar in the intestine, but also stimulates cell growth in the pancreas. As a consequence, the insulin levels in the body is maintained and the blood sugar problems get neutralized.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is replete with polyphenols that trigger off a healthy count of insulin secretion. Cinnamon has other beneficial properties as well. Whether consumed as tea or sprinkled on food as a flavor, Cinnamon can be instrumental in combatting blood sugar imbalance.
- Fenugreek seeds: A common find in most Indian kitchens, Fenugreek seeds are well known for their health advantages. Its pungent sweet flavor adds to the taste of many dishes. But most importantly, fenugreek seeds extensively keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Basil Leaf: Basil leaves are one of the most commonly used natural remedies for a wide range of diseases. The basil extracts are used in various food items and are extremely effective in curbing the excessive presence of blood sugar in the body. In general as well, basil leaves regulate the metabolism to a large extent.
- Coccinia Indica: This herb protects the vital organs from any damage caused due to diabetes. It stabilizes the breakdown of starch in the body.
- Azadirachta Indica: Common known as Neem, this herb is perhaps an indomitable medicine for increasing glucose tolerance. Neem is also used in allopathic medication on account of its various healing qualities.