Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna Kumar K MYour feedback matters!
HER AGE 72, DIABIETES FROM 15 YEARS, TAKES ORAL MEDICINE SINCE 14 YEARS, RECENTLY STARTED INSULIEN 8/6 UNITS AS SUGGESTED BY DOCTOR, NOW SUFFERING FROM CHEST BURNING AND VOMITING PROBLEM CONTINUE AFTER STARTING INSULEINE, EATING AND DIGESTING IS MAIN PROBLEM. KINDLY SUGGEST.
I am a diabetic and suffering from pyrea second stage cud you please tell me how to control it my sugar level is almost under control.
I have thyroid problem. I want to conceive. I am working lady. I get fully exhausted by evening. I have no energy left for intercourse. The same routine exist every day. Please help. How should I go.
Your diet has to be well balanced with fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy, nuts etc. Your hormonal vibrancy is improved only if your diet is balanced and not lacking in essential nutrients.
Crash dieting or diet fads will only further lower your metabolism and help further fat gain and hormonal imbalance.
If you have hypothyroidism, take thyroid hormone medication as directed by your physician — generally with an empty stomach. The reason being that too much dietary fiber, food supplements and other medications and some foods can impair the absorption of synthetic thyroid hormone.
Avoid taking your thyroid hormone at the same time as:
Walnuts, Soybean flour, iron or calcium rich foods and supplements or multivitamins, antacids, some ulcer medications and cholesterol-lowering drugs.
To avoid potential interactions, eat these foods or use these products an hour before or after you take your thyroid medication.
I am suffering from obesity. I am heavily overweight. I have thyroid problems too. I can't help the urge of eating frequently. I love fried food and I am addicted to it. Kindly help to lose weight in a safe manner.
My mother is a diabetes patient. One night after dinner we all went to bed to sleep. But she did not felt sleepy even after 3 hours as she felt body pain due to increase of sugar level in blood. That time we could not understand what to do to get her relief. So my question is that what should we do in that situation for her relief?
Hii sir, I am suffering with fatigue frequently, and I have sugar complaint is there any related eith that?
My father and I went for shopping last sunday and in the mall there was some health checkup going on. They checked sugar level of my father's blood and it turned out to be 240. Is it ok to have such a figure?
Do men encounter a comparable physiological stage to what women encounter amid menopause? Alluded to as 'andropause', 'male menopause', 'man-opause', and all the more as of late, 'low T', is called as Andropause or male menopause. In any case, while all women experience menopause, not all men encounter andropause.
What Is Andropause?
Andropause is a slow, enduring disease in the male hormones testosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone. Testosterone naturally diminishes as men age, yet in andropause (therapeutically characterized as 'hypogonadism'), levels of the hormone drop below the ordinary range for a given age, commonly in moderately aged men.
Symptoms of Low Testosterone Level:
Do low level of testosterone deliver symptoms in moderately aged men? Actually, the exemplary symptoms were initially perceived over 70 years prior when two American physicians, Carl Heller, MD, and Gordon Myers, MD, demonstrated the adequacy of testosterone treatment for symptoms of weakness, discouragement, fractiousness, low sex drive, erectile brokenness, night sweats and hot flashes in men.
Why Do Hormones Drop?
There are various elements that can prompt to low testosterone:
- Obesity, diabetes and insulin resistance: The level of aggregate and free testosterone is decreased in large men in extent to the level of heftiness. Weight reduction alone has been appeared to build testosterone levels by 50 percent.
- Chronic aggravation: Insulin resistance is the key figure creating quiet irritation and lifted levels of high-affectability C-responsive protein (hs-CRP), a marker of aggravation that can be measured by a blood test.
- Increased introduction to xenoestrogens: Certain mixes found in nourishment and the environment can increase the impacts of estrogen in men, in this manner decreasing testosterone creation. These "xenoestrogens" incorporate pesticides, phthalates from plastics, tobacco smoke side effects, substantial metals, and solvents.
- Lack of physical movement: Participating in consistent episodes of short, extreme work out, particularly weight lifting, is one of the speediest approaches to support testosterone.
- Stress: It negatively affects testosterone levels by expanding the arrival of the adrenal hormone cortisol.
Homeopathic Medicines for Andropause: (Medicines should be taken on proper prescription of Doctor)
- Avena sativa
- Tongkat ali
- Muira puama
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
- Walking for 30-40min daily is essential to keep sugar under control.
- Diet restrictions like sugar and jeggary with sweets must be avoided in food.
- Fruits like banana, mango, chikoo, custard apple, grapes must be avoided.
- Take medicines regularly.
- Get your blood checked. The eye must be examined for retinopathy each year. Get ecg each year.
- The foot must be examined and dried regularly. To check for gangrene or ulcer.