Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
I am a diabetic patient for last 18 years recently during consultation it has been found that my creatinine level has risen to 1.6 and my protein leakage through urine has also gone up considerably. Please advise remedial measure and permissible vegetable, fruits etc can be taken to lower down the same.
Hello my mom is 48 years old. She is suffering from high diabetes and bp. She experience cavities in her teeth. And she want assemble new set of teeth and dentist said first control diabetes and bp. .she take medicine regularly. Can you suggest me how she could control her bp and diabetes.
I have thyroid from 10 years and I have a baby boy of 5 year old my age is 33 years and my weight is approx. 90 kg. Should I have to go for second child is it safe for my health? please suggest me.
I am 51 yrs old, For last five month I am suffering from type 2 diabetic due to some tension. Time to time sugar level high and some time normal. What should I do? Please suggest me. Thank you.
I am a hypothyroidism patient taking 125 mg thyroxine. My question is that .will I have soya Chunk .does Soya Chunk has any effect on medicine.
Everyday I give insulin to my mother. Yesterday after giving her insulin by mistake I pricked my finger with the same needle with a drop of blood flowing from my finger. Is there any thing to worry about? Can that cause diabetes in me? Please answer.
I am 36 year old female and I am having diabetes since last 4 years and it is always in range of 195 to 200 in fasting and more than 300 post lunch, I take glemstar m2 but it does not have any effect.
I am suffering from hypothyroid and sugar. please suggest me any diet plan to prevent this disease. Which food should be ignored or which food can I take?
I am 25 yr old girl suffering from hypothyroid bcoz of which I only got access 44" of waist and belly. Other parts are fine. Nothing works over medicines and excercises I do but no effects.
I have thyroid. Taking eltroxin 100 mg everyday Last TSH was around 7. 2 months ago Can it be reduced to normal again? what are the ways to reduce Thyroid? I lose temper a lot and cannot control it. Also I am gaining weight I donot take any other medicine and do exercise swimming 3 times week for 30 minutes.
In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as 'Madhumeha' and is classified as a 'kapha' type of disorder. Ayurveda identifies 20 types of diabetes 4 due to Vata, 6 results from Pitta and 10 are caused by Kapha.
Factors that are often responsible for causing diabetes are excessive intake of foods which are difficult to digest, such as fried foods, creams, etc. Lack of exercise, mental stress and strain, excessive sleep, overeating and consequent obesity, excessive intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, overloading of proteins and fats can also lead to diabetes. Hereditary factors also play role in causing diabetes.
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination in large quantity
Ayurvedic Remedies To Control Diabetes
There are several herbs which are found to be very effective in treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar level. The greatest advantage of these herbal diabetes medicine supplements are that they have no side effects. Given below is a list of some of the most effective diabetes treatment herbs-
- Bitter Gourd (Momordica charantia)
- Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestrae)
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Onion (Allium cepa)
- Nayantatra (Vinca rosa)
- Neem (Azadirachtha indica)
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Sagar gota (Ceasalpinia crista)
Ayurvedic Remedies for Diabetes Cure
- The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
- Having bitter gourd cooked in ghee for a period of three months will bring the diabetes down by a significant amount.
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Drinking a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
- Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily.
- Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot
In Ayurveda, the body is made up of three doshas - kapha, vata, pitta and gunas - rajas, tamas and satva. The various techniques that Ayurveda recommends to improve your wellbeing are -
- Meditate regularly
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Eat the largest meal during lunch
- Limit portion sizes
- Weed out negative emotions
- Limit foods that are high in sugar
- Be careful about when and how many carbohydrates you eat
- Eat a variety of whole-grain foods and vegetables every day
- Eat less fat
- Limit your use of alcohol
- Use less salt