Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I am a student of class 11 my height is long but I am very weak .i do not know why it is I eat food properly do everything but I am weak. My father said I got angry very early thats why I am weak. Earlier I suffered from dengue and got weak.
My face is dull, complexion becomes tanned, pigmentation and few acne scar on face day by day, my skin was fair. Kindly suggest me some remedies.
Want to reduce weight. At present height 5 ft 6 inches age 41 and weight is 73 kgs. At present no health related issue. Want to reduce around 10kh of weight.
What is amblyopia or lazy eye? Amblyopia is decreased vision in one or both eyes due to abnormal development of vision in infancy or childhood. In amblyopia, there may not be an obvious problem of the eye. Vision loss occurs because nerve pathways between the brain and the eye aren't properly stimulated. The brain, learns to see only blurry images with the amblyopic eye even when glasses are used. As a result, the brain favors one eye, usually due to poor vision in the other eye. Another word for amblyopia is 'lazy eye'. It is the leading cause of vision loss amongst children.
The major causes of Amblyopia are as follows:
- Eye Misalignment: The most basic reason for amblyopia is misalignment of the eyes. In case, both your eyes are not aimed in the same proportion or direction, the image from the affected eye is turned off by the brain. Only the better eye functions. Double vision is restricted. The persistence of this defect for a prolonged time, makes the eye lose connection with the brain's visual cortex. Amblyopia develops.
- Imbalanced error of refraction: If the refractive number of both the eyes is not the same, both eyes can't be in the center at the same time. Amblyopia happens when one eye stays out of the center since it is more myopic, farsighted, or astigmatic than the other. One eye becomes dominant. This results in the neglect of the unfocused eye, which neglects to associate with the mind. Treatment with glasses or contact lenses to adjust the refractive blunder of the eye is required.
- Cloudiness in the visual system: Any kind of obstruction or cloudiness in the normal functioning of the eye tissues can be another reason, which leads to amblyopia. Disorder of any kind which blocks a clear image from being focused is capable of blocking the formation of a clear image on your retina. This may lead to amblyopia. This is perhaps the most severe type of this disease.
How to cure amblyopia?
For treating amblyopia, a child must be compelled to utilize his affected, weaker eye. This can be done by correction of any disorder of the affected eye such as refractive error, problems in the retina, etc. The goal is to correct the amblyopic eye. The normal eye is usually covered up by a patch, so that only the affected eye can be used for vision. The patching up may continue for weeks, months or years until the best vision gets restored. The improving eye should be maintained well. Spectacles are also prescribed for correction of errors regarding refraction. Eye drops such as atropine are also used for blurring the vision of the good eye. Amblyopia makes you visually impaired. The earliest symptoms must be perceived and acted upon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Hello Doctor My niece has fallen in love with a guy who is a juvenile Diabetic. The guy is very good but only for this reason her parents are against her marriage. So I want to ask you that is it right to marry a guy who is a juvenile Diabetic type 1 insulin dependent? What will be the consequences? Please advice Thanks.
Actually I live in a pg so I have to eat food from outside on daily basis. Is it very harmful for my health?
Hello sir/madam, I am gaurav. 18 year old guy. I am an athlete nd I am skinny now. Can I add whey protien into my food supplement. Would that be good for me. Please tell me. What should I take to get muscle.
My mother: she is actually 50years and suffering from heart running and got high blood pressure doctor has advised her to take telma it has controlled her but how far she has to take this medicine is there no solution to become properly good health.
Sir/Mam In winter season my backbone starts paining. I can't sit in one position in chair from long time. Please help.
I am prem 25 years male. My major problem dandruff it's very high and hair falling also my problem. But my major problem is dandruff please tell me the solution.
I regularly suffer from mouth ulcer from last 3 years after eating oily foods and stomach ache. Help me to cure.
Hi sir/madam I am 25 years old. Sir my concern is that I am selected for paramilitary force in Indian army medical will be held on Jan 2017. But sir I have little bit swelling on my testis I think it is hydrocele. So sir please guide me what should I do?
I am 60 I feel sleepy throughout the day even when I am active. Do not have high bp or diabetes. Healthy otherwise.
- Diet poor in zinc - inadequate intake of zinc rich foods like meat, shell fish, liver gelatin, beans, rice, bread, cereals lentils etc.
- Strict vegetarians: their main foods are grains and legumes which are high in phytic acid and they hamper the absorption of zinc from the food.
- Malabsorption syndrome.
- Chron`s disease / ulcerative colitis.
- Chronic liver disease.
- Chronic renal disease.
- Sickle cell disease.
- Smoking and high alcohol consumption.
- Elderly are more prone to deficiency.
Sign and symptoms:
- Reduced appetite.
- Retarded growth.
- Atrophy (shrinkage) of sexual organs.
- Loss of hair.
- Repiratory tract infection.
- Keratosis (desquamation) of tongue.
- Skin affections.
- Cognitive impairment.
- Infertility- low sperm count.
- Delayed healing of wounds.
- Decreased taste acuity.
- Deficiency during pregnancy can cause abnormal labor and retarded fetal growth.
- Increased risk of infection.
Consume foods rich in zinc: zinc is present in wide variety of foods especially along with proteins. Vegetarian diet contains less zinc compared to meat based diet. Best sources of zinc are -
- Beef, crabmeat, oysters, lamb, pork, turkey, salmon, shellfish, chicken, clams, lobster, milk, yoghurt and cheese cheddar.
- Whole wheat bread, oatmeal, brown rice, spinach, lentils, beans, lima beans, rye bread, peas and baked potatoes. Meat, eggs and seafood.
- Other sources of zinc are - green leafy vegetables, sea plants, japanese sea plants, yeast, nuts - cashews, almonds and peanuts, seeds - sesame and pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are one of the concentrated sources of zinc in vegetarian food.
- Only 20% of the zinc present in diet is absorbed by our body, dietary fibers and phytic acid present in food inhibits absorption of zinc. Phytic acid and fiber are fond in foods like - bran, whole grain cereals, pulses and nuts.
- Cooking process can reduce the effects of phytic acid and fibers on the absorption of zinc.
- Ferment whole grains as enzymatic actions of yeast reduces the levels of phytic acid and thus absorption of zinc is adequate.