Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna BetalaYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, my son is 13 years old, weight - 30 kg only, suffering from hypo thyroid. My son is on eltorxin 75 mcg (glaxo) per day. Some of my relatives suggest to take spirulina tab or powder, noni-c powder and daily one glass of water of lemon salt (1/2 tea spoon). Can I give spirulina tab, noni-c and one glass of lemon salt water. Please guide.
Hello sir, My little baby is 7 months old, I have low/less breast milk, I cannot completely feed him with my own milk, please tell me what to do right now?
I am 25 years old .I have one year old child nd hi depends on breast feed. After delivery my wait is put on so what can I do to reduce my weight My baby is also do breast feed.
I'm diagnosed with dangerous cyst after a routine radiological examination. How complicated it is? I have been advised a surgery to remove the same. What should I expect? I'm worried.
Hello Doctors, My son has completed his 7 month on 7th july and he can not respond like saying tata waving byebye to us. Nor say any words like gaga mama. But he can crawl and try to stand. I wanna ask is there any thing to worry about? As he is not responding to us.
Is it possible in case of lactating mother that she is producing milk but doesn't get single drop on pump? If yes what's the reason behind that?
Good Morning Doctor, It's about my 4 1/2 year old son. He is suffering from high fever and even after giving calpol .the fever is not going down. Yesterday he has fever so gave him a dose of Calpol at 7 o'clock in the evening, again one dose of Calpol at 1 am .later he complained about stomach ache so I have given one dose of nomet. At 4 am he passed semisolid stools. Neither fever nor stomach ache is going down. Around 6 am given another dose of Calpol which he vomits and passed again semisolid stools. I prefer a complete checkup for my son as he wasn't feeling well from past couple of weeks. I already consulted a doctor two weeks ago and my son has completed the course of normet and zinconia and later given a dose of zentel to deworm him. Could you advice on the same because it's written that for Calpol. Need to maintain 4 hour interval. And he is suffering from diarrhea .for this normet is ok? Kindly advice. Many thanks.
What are the remedial measures for a ten year old girl who is suffering from frequent cough and cold?
Sir, mere bete ki age 8 sal h. Uski aankhe kai dino se jpak rhi h. Dr. Ko dikhaya to nmi ki kmi bta rhe h. Drops tobcon. F and recool plus dal rhi hu lekin agar ek din bi bhul jati hu tb vhi problem ho jati h. Kya ye drops lifetime dalni pdengi, ya fir in drops se bache ki aankhe thik bi hongi ya ni, ye bimari aage jakr koi bdi bimari to ni bnegi na. please help me.
My son is 6 month old now and one of his testicles is not descended since birth. Should we wait for another 2-3 months or proceed with the surgery? Is surgery the only solution?
Hello doctor. My child have 4 years uski problem a hai ke night mai jab sotin n.a. Her bar urine kardalti iska koi solution hai KyA doctor jo sotai waqht urine karna chord dai. please help me.
My baby is 3.5 mnth old he is having loose motions and little bit fever from 4-5 days. What could be the reason?
My sister had got baby last month 1 month complete her delivery so how much milk should she can take.
My baby is 1. 7 month old baby girl. She is on feed and I want to reduce my weight as well wanted to start baby potty training pl help how.
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.