Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Prasad Krishnan

Cardiologist, Bangalore

Dr. Prasad Krishnan Cardiologist, Bangalore
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; a......more
Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; as a health provider being ethical is not just a remembered value, but a strongly observed one.
More about Dr. Prasad Krishnan
Dr. Prasad Krishnan is a renowned Cardiologist in Jayanagar, Bangalore. You can consult Dr. Prasad Krishnan at Dr.Malathi Manipal Hospital in Jayanagar, Bangalore. Book an appointment online with Dr. Prasad Krishnan on

Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Dr.Malathi Manipal Hospital

#45/1, 45th Cross, Marenahalli Road, Jayanagar 9th Block, Phase II, Landmark:Next to big bazar(Jaya nagar).OPP: CentralBangalore Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Prasad Krishnan

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am 44 year old pre diabetic,(105/140) with history of high bp (control with tab) doing field work job, cholesterol is OK but serum creatinine is 1. Please advise me how to delay the progression of diabetes and other decease.

M.B.B.S. , PG Diploma In Clinical Cardiology
Cardiologist, Delhi
Start doing strenous exercise at least 45 minutes a day for 6 days a week Avoid ghee ,sarson oil and all saturated fats like butter instead use oils like olive oil rice bran oil in your food Donot take high glycemic index carbohydrates but you can take carbohydrates with low glycemic index Severe life style modification is required 140/105 is still a very high diastolic bp ,so the medicines you are on are not controlling your bp Out target bp has to be 130/85 I have to increase the doses and to add some medication for bp ,but due to company policy medicines can be prescribed in pvt query only Feel free to ask Tx.

My cholesterol has been increased up to 250 I am 30 years old Please suggest me to control and maintain the level.

Dear lybrate user, cholesterol is naturally produced inside the body of every living animal. Human beings are no exception to that. But when we take mutton, chicken, yellow part of a boiled egg, ghee, butter etc we intake cholesterol from external source. This extra cholesterol from external sources increase the total cholesterol content of human body. You should always keep your cholesterol level within normal limits as high cholesterol serves as a precursor to various cardiac diseases. Avoid the aforesaid food. Walk at least 1 hour in a day without any interval. Also you can take homoeopathic mother tincture fucus vesiculosus q, 30 drops, thrice daily, after meals, in a cup of water.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from dry cough from last 10 days and when I cough more, I am suffering from chest pain. Pls suggest what I do.

General Physician, Delhi
Antitussive cough syrp will be helpful in dry cough.Do lukewarm water gargles twice a day. Drink plenty of liquids. Eat healthy diet. Take adequate rest. Keep Lozenges in mouth. Hope this helps u.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 31, male. My triglycerides level is 235 and blood pressure is @ 92/138 regularly. Please advise me diet to quickly reduce my abnormal blood parameters.

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Hi, your BP is caused due to raised level of cholesterol. To get healthy , please go through under noted norms. Go for a brisk walk in d morning to regulate your blood circulation & to burn cholesterol. Take, plenty of water to eliminate toxins and to regulate metabolism to digest your intake properly to reduce your cholesterol value . Your diet b simple,non - irritant, non- spicy,on time. Take, homoeo medicine: @ Chelidon Q 10 drops , thrice with little water. Report , wkly,please. Take, care.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 45 years old, I am getting pain below the right side of chest since 3 weeks, it is not reduced even after taking pantocid tablets for 2weeks. What can I do in this regard, what is the reasons for my pain.

General Physician,
You could be having chronic bronchitis or pharyngitis. Due to cold and cough. And may be due to allergy. Ifbthebpain is radiating and associated with sweating. Or difficulty in breathing. Best think would be to consult a medical specialist. For further assessment and management.
1 person found this helpful

From last 3 days. There is pain in my chest which is very painful. N moreover the chest pain is always occurs once during the day.

General Physician, Cuttack
1. For your age pain chest could be due to anxiety, stress, depression, physical and mental strain, hyper acidity, muscular problem 2. Avoid stress and strain 3. Do regular exercise, reduce your weight if over weight. 4. Control your diet. Avoid oily/spicy/fried and junk food, high calorie and cholesterol rich diet. Take small frequent meals (5-6 meals/day instead of three heavy meals. If you have hyper acidity take one tablet of pan 40 in the morning before breakfast daily for few days 5. Do yoga, meditation, deep breathing exercise like pranayama etc. It will calm your mind, control your emotion and relieve stress. 6. Have sound sleep for 7-8 hours daily. 7. Avoid smoking, alcohol, excess tea/coffee, if you are having 8. Drink plenty of water and take rest 9. Take paracetamol 500mg one tablet sos after food up to a maximum of three tablets per day at the time of chest pain 10. If you have recurrent attack of chest pain check your bp, take ecg and consult cardiologist 11. Consult me for further advice.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from tychardia and unstable bp also mentally stressed can I do gym practise?

PGDCC, MD(Chest), PG Dip.Clin.Cardiology
Pulmonologist, Ghaziabad
You should get cleared by trade mill testing under a cardiologist before safely taking gym practice. There they continuously record and study your ecg, heart rate and bp during your progressively hard running under supervision.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My name is mohd khudrathulla. I am 22 years old, height 6ft and 72kgs weight. How do I check my pulse? What is moderate and vigorous exercise?

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
YOu can check pulse by feeling the radial artery. Very heavy exercise is called vigourous . Vigorous intensity aerobic exercise is where you're breathing hard and fast and your heart rate has increased significantly. If you're working at this level, you won't be able to say more than a few words without pausing for a breath.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How to control excess estrogen, symptom of gynecomastia, fat on tummy, suffering from high blood pressure for 3-4 years, Is this the sign of inguinal hernia ?

Sexologist, Jaipur
Hi it is not sign of hernia start exercise for tummy and chest under supervision. Gynecomastia is not symptom of excees estrogen.
102 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Helo sir I am ashu I am 30 yrs old man n I have suffering from blood pressure problem so what should I do.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Simply by saying Hypertension doesnot make you eligible for a medicine.Hypertension is an after effect of a problem going on in your body. If we remove this problem with Management and medicines,your hypertension will be automatically controlled. Please undergo following Blood tests empty stomach and answer my following questions CBC,ESR,LIPID PROFILE,RFT 1.From when are you suffering from or when you first got to know about your hypertension 2.What are your dietary habits,and oils that you use in your house 3.What is the nature of your job 4.Are you a smoker or alcoholic,give details 5.What about your sleep history 6.I also want to know about your Marital status 7.Any member from your family suffering from hypertension or any heart or other disease presently or in past/. Please answer following questions so that I could find the reason for your hypertension and help in selection of most appropriate homoeopathic medicine.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

MD - Diabetology, Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS), MBBS
Endocrinologist, Kochi
Hypoglycemia means "less-than-normal blood sugar level" (ie, less than 70 mg%). All medicines taken for Diabetes can cause hypoglycemia. However, Insulins & certain drugs like Glibenclamide (Daonil) are more risky than others. The symptoms of hypoglycemia are: sweating, tremors, sudden thirst or hunger, palpitations, giddiness, fatigue, tiredness, etc. Some or all of these symptoms may be present. They usually occur when the patient has skips a meal or exercises more than usual or takes an over dosage of the medicine. If you or your dear one has symptoms of hypo, give him/her something sweet to eat IMMEDIATELY & then take him/her to the doctor. Hypoglycemia, if severe, can lead to coma & even death.
6 people found this helpful

I am cholesterol person and vegetarian. Please suggest what I will eat in my breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. I am not doing any exercise because of late woke up in morning. Please suggest. My Cholesterol is approx 230 total.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, take Arborium plus , 2 tsp twice daily regular for 3 month. Consult a dietician for proper diet chart. Thanks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

While coughing my mom complaints of pain in the chest. It also happens when she tries to stand straight after bending. Pls suggest proper medication.

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear lybrateuser, -She can do steam inhalation three times a day -have more of warm fluids like tea, milk mix 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder in one glass of milk, soup, avoid all cold fluids -take tab levoceterizine, 5mg, 1 tab in the evening with water -take tab Paracetamol, 1 tab if pain is more -do warm salt water gargles three times if pain or irritation in the throat -she should have a well balanced, nutritious diet with more of fruits & vegetables to improve her immunity -if not much relief then get investigated & consult a doctor.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have left knee osteoarthritis. I am 82 and surgery has been ruled out. My ascending aorta is enlarged and the cardiologists suspect that the vessel may rupture during surgery. Any treatment for my painful knee, alternative to surgery.

Physiotherapist, Gurgaon
You have to do following precautions you have to do hot fermentation for 15 to 20 min, practice some light stretching exercises for knee joint. You can use a number of different stretching methods. If unsure, consult an expert. Rest the affected area as much as possible.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother's age is 66. But she has been suffering from joint pain on her left leg. She finds hard to walk. She has also been suffering from hypertension & acidity. please suggest . Whether any protein or calcium supplement is required?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Bijapur
Hello lybrate user tell your mom to take regular massage with bala taila before warm bath. Dashamularista 15 ml with equal water 2tms a/m. Tab yogaraj guggulu 2-0-2 a/m for 8wks. Balanced diet should be taken regularly.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 34 years old and am 65kg by weight. I am a teacher. My problem is that I have a slight pain in left side of my chest. Its not pain always its something like feeling weighty on this side. Need advice?

M.B.B.S., Diploma in Family Medicine, Fellowship in Diabetes (Liverpool), Advanced Clinical Course in Cardiology (USA), Certified Diabetologist from USA, CCEBDM, MD - Consultant Physician
General Physician, Hooghly
First thing u need to do is an ecg. Chest pain may be due to heart problems, lungs problems, anxiety etc. U may upload the ecg strip and send me private message. I will get back to u.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 29 years old unmarried. I am a regular cigarette smoker from last 8-9 yrs. From last 30-40 days I am feeling heaviness in my chest with little pain. I feel that something has been filled in my chest. I am also feeling weakness also.

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Chennai
The smoking might be taking toll on your lungs and heart. Stop smoking and consult a physician immediately.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Is it true that hot / short tempered people are at high risk of getting and having high blood pressure? Or is it just temporary (at the moment that you are angry)? Can you explain the basis of this? What's the best advice to someone who has short temper. How to curb it? Thanks.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Kolhapur
It's not 100% to every people affect the bp with hot or short tempers. Due to anger all the veins and arteirs become vitated by the vata dosha. The vata dosha creates many problems like paralysis, bodyache, stress, strain etc. So try to avoid such situations. Do some dhyana it is best thing to get rid from anger. Pranayam.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed