Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My daughter is 2 year 4 months old. She has normal diet from family pot and not baby food now. My concern is that she does not want to brush her teeth. I try brushing her teeth while I brush mine, I also try rubbing her teeth with my index finger applying toothpaste to it, etc. Brushing her teeth every morning is a big challenge for me. Please suggest on how do I convince her to brush her teeth.
My son aged 3 & half years old often complains of pain in legs not necessarily both any calcium supplement would help. Otherwise he is active.
Hi. My son who is going to complete his 3years age on july. I speak Hindi and my husband speaks tamil. after my delivery me &my son stayed in my mother's home for five months where everyone speaks In hindi. Now my son is not fluent in any language but he understands well both the languages. And speaks both languages a little. He is active boy and intelligent as well. He is going to playschool. Here in my husband's house there is no child of his age. So he used to play with teenagers. My question is why he is not fluent in any language? And why He is not playing wit other kids in playschool? Is this normal. Will it be alright? And also his playschool teacher told tat he is now becoming normal and mingling with other kids & he will be alright? I'm confused. Pls suggests.
Hi, My daughter who is 9 months old has severe cold, suffering from blocked nose. Which is the best medicine for my baby.
I have just delivered a baby 8 days back I have started breastfeeding her but I have cracked and bleeding nipples. They are very painful also. Kindly help.
I am 12 years girl have eczema in my foot from last 7/8 months Initially it was small spot give pain spots are in damage condition some skins brost below my foot.
Hi Dr. I am 31 years old female. One month before I lost my son during delivery as it was preterm labor and true knot. There is fibroids in posterior side equal to egg size my Dr. said I got preterm labor due to this egg size fibroid. Now she has given me medicine named fibristal 5 mg. Before starting to take this medicine just wanted to know whether this medicine can cure my egg size fibroids. please advice.
My niece is 6months old. Doctor told to start solid food, now my sister is giving semisolid food. What else can we give to baby.
My daughter is 5 year old, many time see feel moderate stomach pain for last 1 year, please suggest me test for useful of know the reason.
If chewing food and retaining a sparkling smile is not enough for you, avoiding toothaches and a visit to the dentist could be reason enough to maintain healthy teeth. Ignoring your tooth health can lead to many problems. Answer yourself the following question. Would you like your teeth inside your mouth or in a glass tumbler beside your bed at nighttime?
If you opted for the former, then going through the following tips and advices will go a long way in helping you sustain healthy teeth. They are:
- Brush and floss twice a day: Brushing and flossing twice a day, on a regular basis will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums in the long run. The ideal time to brush your teeth is 20 minutes after a meal. Opting for a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles gives you better access to even the deeper portions of your mouth, thus providing comprehensive cleansing to your teeth. Moreover, softer bristles are generous on your gums as well.
- Nutrition: Whatever you eat, either protects you or makes you more susceptible to diseases and disorders. This stands true for your oral health as well. As such, choosing the right foods early in your life is of vital importance. Foods such as cold drinks, cakes, candies and other such sugary substances facilitate the growth of germ and bacteria in your mouth, resulting in plaque and cavities. Choosing foods that are low in starch and sugar will reduce the development of germs and help eradicate cavities or plaque in the long run.
- Smoking: Even the pack of smoke that you buy endorses smoking is injurious to your general health. Smoking causes reduced flow of blood to the mouth, which resultantly leads to increased chances of periodontal disease and mouth cancer. Smoking, moreover causes a decline in the ability of the bones and tissues to revascularize (self-heal). All else apart, just stop smoking.
- Chewing gums: Chewing gums are highly beneficial especially after a meal. They not only increase the flow of saliva in your mouth, but also improves the flow of blood to your brain, thus enhancing your alertness by close to 10%. In addition, chewing gums help neutralize the acid in your mouth, thus helping you cleanse your mouth.
HELLO SIR, my child is 9 months old, he develops white spots on his cheeks, first on the right side now today I saw on his left side as well can you suggest me treatment or any remedy.
We have 4 month baby boy. And my wife is feeding to baby. After delivery my wife twice in periods but last one and half months she didn't. When pregnancy test she done 3 times the result is negative. We do sex 2 times without protection. Is she pregnant? Please guide me. Thank you. My wife's age is 25 year old and her delivery is normal.
I have 10 month old son. He Is having small pink colour patches in stomach just 3 days before it started. First it was white dots now turned to pink. When He was 4 month old same thing happened it was there for one month. And it s only in stomach area day by day it changed into white patches. He Is having very dry skin. Even his cheeks got pink. Later I applied coconut oil in cheeks. Now little ok. I am giving him daily oil bath oNly. It came during winter time now second time again in summer time. What to do. Dr. Gave fluro net cream. No use of it.
I am facing severe pain while feeding, while feeding I am facing pain in nipple after feeding for every 5 minutes I am facing shoot out pain all over breast almost for an hour to 1 and half hour. My gynic suggested zericlav 625 mg, L-Panto, chymomax. While using that medicines my pain was reduced but after stopping medicines again I am facing the pain. And if the pain was severe a white spot was seen on the nipple. please kindly suggest me the best, I am unable to bear this.
Hello doctor, here I am consulting for my daughter. She just 1.5 Years. She automatically goes Unconscious with out any specified reason. Here locally I discussed with doctor. They suggest me. It is noting. It is her zid only. Please suggest.
Hii my daughter is 5 n half month old she is passing motion more frequently. Her birth weight was 3.8 kg now she is 7.6 kg. Is she is getting teeth or any other problem. Is their anything to worry?
The stress of a modern lifestyle have taken a toll on the mental health of the population all over the world. Earlier, it was adults who were mostly affected by the problems of depression, anxiety and stress. However, with the passage of time, even children are also suffering from major mental health problems, the roots of which again are anxiety, stress and depression.
Reasons behind it
Be it adults or children, the major cause of health issues is stress. Stress doesn’t only cause mental health problems, but serious physiological disorders as well such as hypertension, diabetes, heart diseases, sexual problems as well as other issues. If the anxiety or stress persists, it would then slowly develop into a pattern of the mind and then become conditioned, thus leading to depression. Nowadays, children are also being afflicted by depression. Similar to adults, depression in children is caused due to any combination of factors that are related to life events, physical health, family history, genetic vulnerability, environment and biochemical disturbance. It should be noted that depression is not just a passing phase. The symptoms are often left undiagnosed as well as untreated. This is because they are passed off as normal psychological and emotional changes that occur naturally during growth.
Some of the typical symptoms are:
1. Loss of interest in pleasurable activities such as hobbies or crafts which were pursued earlier eagerly
2. Loss of concentration
3. Sudden outbursts
4. Sleeping too much or sleeping too little, suddenly waking up early in the morning
5. Constant fatigue, decreased energy and being slower than usual at tasks
6. Excessively low appetite or increased appetite which would thus result in weight loss or binge eating resulting in weight gain
7. The development of physiological disorders which may stop responding to treatment. Many children develop headaches or digestion problems which aren’t resolved by medication.
8. Always sad or irritable or in a depressed mood
9. May find it difficult to sleep or concentrate on work and thus, studies and grades may suffer
10. Extreme and sudden mood changes accompanied by incessant crying
11. Suicidal thoughts
12. Loss of energy as well as lowered self esteem
With children, you have to be extra careful not to ill-diagnose the problems and if they persist for more than a few weeks, you should seek professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.