Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pramod PYour feedback matters!
My mother is 58 years old. She has varicose veins. Doctors say that surgery is the only option. She is afraid of surgery. Can there be any other option. Kindly suggest.
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.
Having severe back pain like cramp for last 7 days, but pain is there for past one month, taken diclofenac two days, pain got reduced while taking diclofenac, but after one week again started severe pain. Doctor checked x-ray and said OK. Still need second opinion on xray. Also my LMP was on 14.06.16, period delayed by 2 weeks as of today, however urine and beta hcg negative, not taking pain killers yet hoping I might be pregnant still. Need advice.
I am 33 years old male, I am having neck pain and light back pain. But I have a pain is not continuously. Please advise.
My right leg pains alot, starting from my right bum down to my thighs and sometimes till my ankle. Is it sciatica?
Rheumatism is an auto-immune and chronic disease caused due to the abnormal swelling of the body joints in the knees or the shoulders. The symptoms of rheumatism include intense pain in the morning, mild fever with the pain, swollen joints resulting in immense pain, stiff joints, increased pain in cold climate and extreme tiredness.
Doctors are still doubtful about the exact cause of the disease, but the weakened immune system might damage the joints. This makes obese people, smokers and women most susceptible to this disorder.
According to Ayurveda, rheumatism is caused due to a major imbalance in the ‘Vata or Kapha’ dosha. The Ayurvedic remedies aim for the restoration of the body’s Vata/Kapha balance. Ayurvedic remedies help reduce the ‘ama’, the toxins produced by the body.
The Ayurvedic remedies for rheumatoid arthritis are as follows:
- Boil a cup of mustard oil with camphor in it until the camphor dissolves well. Apply the lukewarm mixture on the affected areas once a day. This helps revive the blood circulation of the affected portion and subsequently reduces the abnormal swelling of the affected joints.
- You can take a few unpeeled slices of potato and soak them in a glass of cold water. Keep it for the night and drink it the next morning on an empty stomach. Do this every day to get rid of the pain.
- Include little amounts of ginger, garlic, and turmeric in your regular meals. This will help to reduce the inflammation and stiffness of the affected joints. Ayurvedic scriptures suggest that you should try and reduce the consumption of fish, red meat, curd, spinach and extremely chilled water as they might cause an imbalance in the ‘vata’.
- Applying a recommended amount of castor oil on the affected region helps reduce the inflammation and thus, the pain.
- A herbal preparation of celery seeds can be consumed daily in order to treat rheumatoid arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I have got pains in my knee from long time. I had a running event last week. But the pain is not relieving. What should I do?
Why on long journey legs get swelling but after walking for a while they get resolved. But in old people swelling may persist for long time why.