Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Neurologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pramod
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Nerve Pain
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Brain Hemorrhage
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Spasmodic Torticollis
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Submit a review for Dr. PramodYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old and I have brain cancer and no one operate me how should I do please help me doctor.
What you must know about body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- An increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- Temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- A cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- Inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- If the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- For body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- Shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- Reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress.
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a qualified doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
From my childhood I got my hands and feet too much cold that no one wants my touch at evening time and my body shakes that I can not stay normal just shaking and shaking. This is same for all the seasons but only happens at early morning and after evening and sometimes daytime too.
I have been diagnosed with neurocysticercosis on Nov 23, 15 after having seizures and have been taking anti-seizure drugs since then. Thankfully, no episodes of seizure since then. I wanted to know if I can go for wisdom tooth extraction. Will I have any complication during the extraction procedure?
Dear doctor, my father's age is 85, for the last 15 days he is suffering with the symptoms parkinson, he right hand and right leg is stiff while he is walking for his nature calls. Apart from that, two months back his prostate operation went well but for the last 3 days during in the night he went for several times passing the urine. It may lead to fluids loss. So consult the urology doctor, he is given natrise tab daily one and zanocin 400mg daily one. Using from yesterday night. Please suggest how to stop the urination during in the night and how to overcome this fluid loss or electrolytes. Please any specialist can give some advice. With regards.
Hi, I have daily headache problem. I ask to doctor she said you have migraine problem. I took medicine n injection but there no relief. Please advise what I have to do.
I am 46 years old male. My weight is 91 kgs and my height is 5ft 11 inches. Over the past 16 years I have suffered from hyperacidity (heartburn) and sleep apnea (snoring). But somebody suggested me to have antacid pills like pantocid. I started taking them since 2004 until 5-6 years back when I limited them to 1-2 tabs a week because of my knee problem. In due course I took to a habbit of 4-5 sachets of rajnigandha sadha paan masaala per day as a stimulant to stay alert during the day. And lately replaced (about 1.5 yrs now) it with sweety pan supaari (15-20 sachets a day). Though having supaari has brought tremendous relief to acidity (now I only take pantocid a tab a week) and also snoring but ever since made urinate quite often during the night. Whenever I try to sleep (even during the day) I get a full bladder feeling frequently and get a disturbed or no sleep (virtually) because of it. I have got my blood sugar checked 2-3 times but they were normal. Sometimes I sweat during the sleep for initial hours. I have a low heamoglobin count 8-10 (varying depending upon the efforts to grow them back). I also have the high tri-glycerides level but my good-bad cholestrol ratio is under control. I try to have omega3 capsules (amway) 2 times a week to counter the cholestrol. I am a regular weekend (fri-sun) alcohol drinker (90 to 150 mls during the drinking day). Currently worried about my sleepless nights due to irritating urine bouts. I got a ultrsound done in feb 14 to check if I have any enlarged prostate but it came out to be -ve with all vital organs working fine. Please suggest what to do.
According to a recent study conducted, researchers found that a healthy lifestyle can help fight dementia. As physical activity will help in stimulating the blood circulation in areas that are at risk.
Alice Hollamby, study’s lead author stated, "We understand that living with dementia poses many challenges to individuals and their families and the idea of improving their physical fitness may seem like an unachievable target."
And, Dr. Eddy J Davelaar, study co-author, mentioned, "We all know we should embrace a healthy lifestyle to strengthen our physical and mental wellbeing. However, this is not to say that when one develops dementia, all hope is lost."
Also, as per previously conducted studies, it was found that physical fitness may help prevent dementia, the current study further showed that it can ward off further memory loss in patients suffering from it.