Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Sir I had heavy periods regulary lasts for 5days on 28 cycle. I am on infertility treatment.Undergone D&C for septum on Nov.2014. From Dec I am having hardly 3days period with very low bleeding. What will be the problem? Please help thank u.
I am 26 years old. On July 17, we had intercourse. A week later I developed swollen breasts with no other pregnancy symptoms. At the time of my expected period i.e. On 29th July, I had a very high fever of around 103-104 degrees along with my regular period with regular length and regular flow. I was treated with antibiotics for a course of 5 days till I recovered. Later it took a week for me to recover from the weakness (may be due to antibiotics). This month we have not tried at all and I got my period on 28th August. But there is a heavy flow only for a day and it all completed in just 3 days with no pain at all whereas normally it lasts for 6-7 days with al the spotting a good abdominal cramping. Is it possible that I am pregnant but if I were, I would be already in my 3rd month, but I do not have any symptoms at all- not even the swollen breasts that I had the last month.
I am 24 years old woman ,I have a lymph node enlargement in my inguinal region for one week and also pain radiating towards my back .last week I had one episode of mild fever which settled it's own ,I don't have any discharges or reasons from my genitals ,what could be the reason for this ,what treatment should I take pls help me?
I am 25 years old. I'm newly married in may 2015. When I having sex with my wife then after 2-3 days I feel itching on my penis & my wife also. Her mouth of vagina are tight and when I penetrate my penis then hurt like pin. This time no any type of lubrication in my wife vagina. My wife age is 22. We didn't had sex before marriage. Someone please help me.
My daughter of 10 years old has a cyst in the right ovary size. 3. 89cm x3. 01cm. It was before gall stone operation on 19/3/15. Usg done on dated 08/03/15. Is it curable in med or not. Give your opinion please.
I've heard of the contraceptive pill 'novelon' Is it safe to consume by my wife? Have been seeing a lot of side effects in the internet. Any other good contraceptive pills to suggest? The pills which are safe to use with zero side effects?
I am 53 years old female. From last 2-3 months feeling irritation, burning sensation in And around anal and vaginal area. It is more immediately after urination. I have increased water intake to 5-6 glades but of no help�using surfaz-SN tube, earlier used �lobatasol cream but no relief �sugar/thyroid /uric acid is normal.
A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE ON HOW TO FIND THE BEST TREATMENT RATHER THAN DOCTOR.
You are struck by this unknown throat problem, your general physician is not very helpful, he tried his level best but still no relief. The big question “who is the best doctor, who can solve my problem”. Like a child’s play the hand slides down to cellphone and you search the best throat doctor. Little did you realize that you are unscrupulously falling in the trap of finding that nonexistent “best doctor”. Finding the best doctor is akin to say “finding the best dog “or “finding the best spouse”. Not only its purely subjective proposition but often leads to disasters if you jump blindly. In fact, if you search Ent doctors on google, almost all of them will be quoted as best ent doctors. The menace is so much widespread spread to the extent doctors have posted youtube videos (unbelievable 341,000 videos ) claiming themselves to be best doctors in india. Its more of marketing gimmick and trap in which patients often fall into. Medical council of india does not award best doctors to any one and neither is there a yard stick to judge all doctors on one scale.
Coming back to the basic question, who is the best guy to treat my throat? However badly you want to know that “name”, it would be a shocker if i tell you the truth, the name doesn’t exist. While a seemingly simple voice change can be a sign of voice exertion and may need only voice rest to cure it, it can very well be a subtle sign of malignancy that can be picked by narrow band imaging available only at the finest centers. Since the variation is so huge, it is unlikely you will ever come across “know all”, “do all” and “fix all” person.
Often the only practical solution to your problem is where can i find an honest, skillful, caring and available doctor. Your personal preference may force you to think any of the four characteristic more important and you may choose to overlook some inadequacy if your big goal is satisfied. That’s why we have mixed opinions of any doctor. Even with a very reputed doctor, your choice feels like rolling a dice in snake and ladder game.
More people than ever are now searching for a physician they can call their own. Unfortunately, it’s hard to find reliable, easy-to-understand information about specific doctors or practices. It may seem like a burden or restrictive to choose a care provider.
When you are choosing a doctor, look for someone who:
a) Treats you with respect: good doctors understand that a patient is vulnerable. Being respectful goes a long way toward helping the patient explain symptoms, take responsibility for decision-making and complying with instructions.
b) listens to your opinions and concerns:
c) encourages you to ask questions
d) explains things in ways you can understand: helps you understand what the next steps will be, and what the possible outcomes and their ramifications might be.
e) takes steps to prevent illness-for example, talks to you about quitting smoking.
It’s a known fact that doctors with better communication and interpersonal skills are able to detect problems earlier, can prevent medical crises and expensive intervention, and provide better support to their patients. This may lead to higher-quality outcomes and better satisfaction, lower costs of care, greater patient understanding of health issues, and better adherence to the treatment process
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU ARE WITH THE RIGHT DOCTOR
Make a list of the doctors you have in mind. Surf/call to learn more about them. References are usually most helpful and try calling your friends relatives to have their opinion. The answers to the following questions may help you make the best decision. Think about your experience after the first visit. Use your first visit as a litmus test. After u have seen the Doctor. Ask yourself, Did the Doctor-
1. Give me a chance to ask questions?
2. Really listen to my questions without interrupting?
3. Answer in terms I understood?
4. Show respect for me?
5. Ask me questions?
6. Make me feel comfortable?
7. Address the health problem(s) I came with?
8. Ask me my preferences about different kinds of treatments?
9. Spend enough time with me?
10. Explain the diagnosis and treatment, and specify a date for a follow-up?
If your doctor doesn’t fit in the check list and you are frustrated. It is important you should know your rights as a patient. this includes but not limited to following. so make sure you ask everything
a) Why do I need this treatment?
b) Are there any alternatives?
c) Are there any side effects?
d) What is the test for?
e) When will I get the results?
f) Will this medicine interact with medicines that I'm already taking?
HOW TO MAKE MOST OF YOUR TIME WHILE TALKING TO DOCTOR?
Since time is limited and it is unfair to expect that doctor will address your every little concern. It’s important you structure your interaction with him and get most of his time.
Ask questions. If you don't, your doctor may think you understand everything that was said.
Write down your questions before your visit. List the most important ones first to make sure they get asked and answered.
You might want to bring someone along to help you ask questions. S/he can also help you understand and/or remember the answers.
Ask your doctor to draw pictures if that might help to explain something.
Let your doctor know if you need more time. If there is no time that day, perhaps you can speak to a nurse or assistant. Or, ask if you can call later to speak with someone.
Ask for written instructions.
WHAT DOCTORS EXPECT FROM PATIENTS
1. You know important things about your symptoms and your health history. Tell your doctor what you think she/he needs to know.
2. Always bring a list of medicines you are taking (include when and how often you take them). Talk about any allergies or reactions you have had to your medicines.
3. Tell your doctor about any natural or alternative medicines or treatments.
4. Bring other medical information, such as x-ray films, test results, and medical records.
WHAT DOCTORS DISCOURAGE PATIENTS FROM DOING?
a) Talk bad about previous doctors and blaming them for everything.
b) Test the knowledge of doctor rather than getting to the problem
c) Bargain and talk how other people are offering treatment much cheaper.
d) Expect 100% results for everything while patient is busy drinking, smoking and sitting like a sloth.
e) More worried about side effects of treatment than the real problem of disease in front of them.
f) Read unedited blogs and websites which do not give peer reviewed medical information and discussing unfiltered half-baked ideas.
Ultimately it boils down to some sort of amicable agreement between doctor and patient which Leeds to success of treatment. From patient’s perspective “patient really doesn’t care how much a doctor knows till he knows how much a doctor cares”. Bottom-line finding a good doctor who can deliver the best treatment is always more practical then the searching for best doctor who may not deliver the best treatment.
source : http://www.3sensesent.com
Here are some of the benefits of diet pills which you should know about:
1. Improved metabolism- The most important characteristic of a diet pill is that it helps in increasing the metabolism of the body which in turn results in losing fat rapidly.
2. Lowers the acid-alkali levels- Overweight and obese people are more likely to have unbalanced levels of acid and alkali. Thus, taking diet pills would not only help in reducing weight but also getting rid of the excess acid.
3. Lowers your appetite- Consuming diet pills help in suppressing your hunger. It makes you feel full. Therefore, you can avoid consumption of extra food when you don't need to eat.
4. Breaks down fat- Taking FDA-approved diet pills would help in getting rid of fat in a much easier and faster way. In such a case, you won't require going to the gym anymore.
5. Boosts energy levels-Taking diet pills help in increasing your energy. It makes your everyday tasks and chores much easier and quicker. It reduces depression and increases physical activities, which in turn helps in reducing weight.
6. Improves cardiovascular health- Your cardiovascular health depends on your weight. If you are obese or over-weight, you have high chances of suffering from a heart attack. Therefore, taking diet pills would indirectly improve your cardiovascular health because loss of weight would mean reduced pressure on the heart to pump more blood.
The blood is made up of 3 types of cells mainly that are in a liquid medium called the plasma. The red blood cells are the oxygen-carrying cells and the white blood cells fight infection and provide immunity. The third type are the platelets, they are smaller than the other two and help in blood clotting. With dengue fever, both the white blood cell count and the platelet count are decreased. Normal platelet count in the body ranges from 1.5 to 4 lacs and in patients with dengue; this can go down to as low as 20,000 to 40,000. This is because of the following:
Dengue suppresses bone marrow, which is the platelet-producing area, leading to decreased platelet count.
Blood cells affected by dengue virus damage platelets, leading to their drastic fall in numbers
Antibodies produced in dengue also lead to massive destruction of platelets
Patient presents with nonspecific symptoms including a high fever that does not subside, vomiting, pain behind the eyes, headache, nausea, and severe muscular and joint pain. The eye pain and the joint pain lead to the suspicion of the dengue fever. Symptoms develop after 4 to 7 days after the bite. The fever lasts for about 5 to 7 days and is followed by a prolonged period of fatigue, joint pains, body pain, and rashes.
For the sake of confirming the diagnosis, the doctor will run some lab tests. These include testing for antibodies IgG and IgM, PCR testing to check the virus and a complete blood count. This will reveal the decrease in the white blood cells and the platelets to a significant degree. Whether or not a person requires platelet transfusion will be decided by the doctor based on the person s age, immunity levels and severity of the disease.
There isn't a particular level below which a person would require platelet transfusion. In aged people and with people who have other chronic diseases, platelet transfusion may be required even if the blood count is about 50,000. The doctor will decide this based on the patient s health. The right thing to do is to go for a medical consultation and discuss your situation with the doctor and identify what needs to be done for your condition specifically.
I am 36 years old I am five months conceived second child. I am using insulin 16 0 16. Fasting sugar is 104 pp is 146. Is there will be any problem for my foetus?
Hi I am 5 weeks 2 days pregnant. For how long should I have naturogest Sr 400. My Dr. has prescribed me.
Menorrhagia is a medical condition in which a woman experiences excessive blood loss during menstruation. Though for some women, heavy bleeding might be normal, but Menorrhagia refers to such a condition in which a woman encounters anomalous bleeding. Generally, menstrual bleeding continues for a maximum period of seven days, however, in case of Menorrhagia, the bleeding continues for more than seven days.
Different causes are responsible for Menorrhagia. Some of the causes are mentioned below:
- In case of some women, miscarriage during pregnancy can lead to the development of Menorrhagia.
- Hormonal imbalance (especially Estrogen and Progesterone) can cause Menorrhagia.
- Any fibroid growth in the uterus region can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Birth control procedures like birth control shot, vaginal ring or intake of birth control pills can sometimes lead to a condition of Menorrhagia.
- For some women, anovulation (unable to ovulate at least once in a month) may result in Menorrhagia.
- Disorder related to platelet count can also cause Menorrhagia.
- Uterus cancer can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Maladies, related to kidney, liver or thyroid can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Sometimes, hereditary bleeding complications like Willebrand's disease (drop in the blood's clotting protein) can also cause Menorrhagia.
- At times, pelvic inflammatory diseases such as a fallopian tube infection can cause Menorrhagia.
The most common symptoms of Menorrhagia are as follows:
- Constant necessity to replace sanitary pads
- Unbearable menstrual cramps
- You may often notice passage of blood clots with regular bleeding
- Sometimes, the person may become anemic
- Body fatigue and drowsiness
Treatment for Menorrhagia: Menorrhagia is easily curable. Many treatment methods are available such as intake of iron tablets to prevent anemia, painkillers like Ibuprofen to control menstrual cramps and hormone therapy to cease excess bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.