Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PramodYour feedback matters!
What are the precautions taken for skin protection in winter season and what medicine to be required to reduce damage?
Hello doctor. My mom is diabetic patient her age is 59. She is using tables when we consult to doctor they said blood count is low so you should take injection for this and they wrote renocel 4000 I you injection and we are giving that injection weekly 2 times but. Skin getting rashes like red red doubts so kindly help me in this matter. Waiting for your reply.
Sir I played holi pretty well and caused colours going to my scalp and my skin. Could you please recommend some good hair care masks or post holi hair care regimen to get hair rejuvenated.
My aunty is suffering from Sarcoidosis symptoms and we are worried about the same. Need to undergo treatment but from where and what will the cost don't know? Advise and consultation required!
Dear sir I have a prominent mark in my chest because of cough. Please suggest me any solution how to clear my mark. Thanks.
I am 25 years old male. I am suffering pimples problem from 3 month. Many little black spot on my face. Please help me.
Sir I am a 19 year boy I have dark patches on my back and on the back side of hands. My skin looks inferior all around. In winter the skin looks more dry and rough. What shall I do?
He always gets pimples on face, but his lip goes dry, skin is burned while outing, face goes darker than body skin. What should do? prescribe some medicines.
I am suffering from swelling on my penis on internal skin. This all after having sex internal skin may be damaged.
Acne scars are not just embarrassing, but in some cases are painful as well. However, with these below mentioned derma treatments you can easily get rid of these scars.
- Derma rollers: Derma rollers are small rollers that contain dozens of needles 0.25 mm in diameter and up to 2 mm in length. They reach the papillary dermis of the skin (deeper than the lasers and peels). Derma roller rips the fibrous connections intergrown by scars and strongly stimulates the healing processes, that is, the collection of macrophage and growth factors. The results are visible six weeks after the treatment. They are especially suitable to people with darker complexion.
- Laser Treatment: A dermatologist is the best option if the acne scars don’t reduce or fade away with time. Collagen is one of the building blocks of your skin and is an essential protein. Fractionated laser is a new technology that can smooth the surface of your skin and promote new collagen formation. Laser treatment can obliterate the scar and help smooth skin to form in its place instead. Filler injections help fill any indentation resulting from deeper acne scars. The only drawback to this is that fillers need to be re done after every 6 months or so as it gets reabsorbed over time into the skin.
- Time heals all wounds: Patience is very important when you want to see scars fade away. Newly formed blood vessels, few weeks after the scar is formed, nourish the skin. Most scars in their early stages look pink for this reason. Collagen starts forming months later and fills in the injuries on the skin. Fat cells and skin are destroyed in cystic acne; so for the scars to vanish completely, it might take a year or more.
- Prevention Tips: The best preventive method for scar formation is not to squeeze pimple. Popping a pimple leads to deeper infiltration of bacteria and pus. This damages the collagen further. A common skin care myth is that Vitamin E helps scars in healing faster. Contrary to prior belief, direct application of Vitamin E on a scar might hinder the healing process instead of facilitating it.
- Use a sunscreen: Use a sunscreen with a high SPF over 30. The middle of the day is the worst time to step out in the sun. Reapply the sunscreen every two hours, if you sweat profusely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
How does the diode system remove hair?
A laser produces a beam of highly concentrated light. The light emitted is well absorbed by the pigment located in hair follicles. The laser pulses for a fraction of a second, just long enough to vaporize the pigment, disabling numerous follicles at a time to eliminate or significantly impede the hair growth. Skin n laser center, uses the highest technology from lumenis u. S. A, a gold standard light sheer diode laser with incomparable treatment efficacies in hair removal.
Is it painful?
The laser has a cooling tip where temp goes to 0 degree centigrade which allows significant cooling of skin before any shot of laser comes, making the procedure almost painless. During the treatment, there will be a tingling or stinging sensation, which can be tolerated. But, if you want the process to be completely painless, topical anesthetic creams are also available.
How many sessions do I need?
Number of sessions varies depending on patient's hair thickness, density and area to be treated. Eight to ten sessions are generally recommended, but few cases with patchy growth or fine hair even after ten sessions, may require treatment for longer period for maintenance.
Does it work on gray hair?
Laser energy is attracted to the melanin in our hair. The greater the amount of melanin, the better the results. White or grey hair does not contain any melanin and, therefore, does not respond to treatments.
Do I need to grow the hair for the treatment?
No, in fact we ask you to shave the area you want to be treated. Laser actually targets the anatomical structures below the skin. Surface hair actually interferes with the process.
In how long will I see the results?
You may see some changes immediately. Duration of one or two weeks will be taken for all of the hair in the treated area to fall. After that, you will experience no growth for several weeks. Therefore, you will be receiving immediate gratification, while you are moving towards a long-term goal.
Can I take treatment while I am on other medications?
The only medications that are prohibited for laser hair removal are isotretinoin and retino-a, which must be discontinued prior to treatment.