Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pramila RodriguesYour feedback matters!
To avoid pcod effects in life is there any medicine which can stop side effects of pcod? I am having joint pain also now a days despite exercise. Pl.tell me some medicine. Thnx.
Hello doctor. I am a 20yrs old girl. And I am on pills krimson-35 because of my irregular periods and polycystic ovaries. Do I need to take emergency contraceptive tablet after unprotected sex even while I am on these pills?
1. Most common cause of pain between 15-35 years of age is fibro-cystic disease, which occurs due to hormonal fluctuations.
2. In fibrocystic disease, there is cyclical pain, which is more in intensity just before the menstrual periods
3. Cyclical pain is commonly seen in patients who are overweight and hypothyrooid.
4. Ultrasound should always be done to rule out any lumps/ cancer.
5. During these episodes of pain, try wearing a sports bra. It offers good support and reduces the pain. You can also apply anti-inflammatory gels over the site of pain.
6. Large cysts (>1.5 cm) should be aspirated - they help in reducing pain
7. Cancer usually presents as a painless lump in the breast
8. Sometimes breast pain can be due to musculo-skeletal causes.
9. If there is one particular point, where pain in occurring (specially close to the middle), then it could be due to costo-chondritis (inflammation of the joint between cartilage and bone)
10. Costo-chondritis can be managed by pain-killers and local injection of steroids
Please make sure you get yourself treated from an expert breast surgeon, who knows the various causes of breast pain and their management.
Anxiety is a very normal emotion, which gives rise to feelings of nervousness every now and then. An anxiety disorder is a serious medical condition in which people experience a high degree of distress and mental trauma, which causes difficulties in leading a normal life. People suffering from this medical condition experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness almost all the time. Here are the symptoms that indicate you're suffering from anxiety disorder.
1. Excessive worry - This condition persists if you worry about the day to day activities a bit too much on a regular basis. It is identified when you start taking too much stress about very petty things, which tends to affect you in an adverse manner. A noticeable sign of excessive worry can be too much fatigue.
2. Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
3. Irrational fears - This symptom is not generalized; instead, it is specific and subjective in relation to a particular thing or situation. The fears that are experienced under this category are sudden and unexpected in nature and there is no fixed rationale behind these fears.
4. Muscle tension - Muscle discomfort and pain is one of the leading physiological causes of an anxiety disorder. The pain felt is chronic and pervasive, and is very common among people facing situations of anxiety. If you are exposed to constant periods of anxiety, you will experience fatigue, muscle pains and unwillingness to work.
5. Chronic indigestion - Problems related to the digestive system are also a sign of anxiety disorder. In this case, you may face constant digestive problems accompanied by a common disorder called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). IBS refers to an anxiety situation in the digestive tract, which is characterized by stomach aches, cramping, bloating, gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, other symptoms of an anxiety disorder include stage fright, self- consciousness, panic attacks, memory flashbacks, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, self- doubt, and such others.
I am 22 years old, I have very irregular period it stop for 2 - 3 months and suddenly come back and my FSH and LH level is too high, how will it be normalized and I want to get pregnant.
Hello. Am recently been diagnosed by pcod. I got my last periods on march 10th. But from past 5 years I have irregular periods. I consulted a doctor she askd me to usg, prolactin and thyroid test. Prolactin and thyroid test was normal. Usg depicted that I have pcod. Doctor asked me wait til april 15th to c if I would get my periods on time if not she askd me to start on regestrone frm 15th of april for that I would get my periods by 25th after which fron 5th day of my periods she asked me to take ginette 35 6 cycles for 6 months. I had an intercourse with my partner on 17th april (i was on regestrone) we did use condom but he has a doubt that the sperms might have gone in. I waited for my periods til 25th but its been delayed by 12 days, to confirm if am pregnant I did hcg urine test at home the result was negative. Please assist me. Am I pregnant? What do I need to do? Am not looking forward to have a baby as of now. If am pregnant can I go for abortion.
If I am planning to become pregnant while using allegra (fexofenadine) Allegra is safe during pregnancy?
My 2 and 1/2 year daughter has mild yellowish vaginal discharge (on off) from the last 3 months and her labia is sticky. One doctor prescribed taxim-o-forte and another doctor prescribed cefolac 100. Are they both same?
Hai I'm in 34 th weeks pregnancy now. And I have my baby boy. My bumb is not looking big. Should I worry about my bumb size because I want my baby so chubby.
Heavy menstrual bleeding, also known as Menorrhagia, refers to the state of abnormally heavy bleeding during periods. It’s common for women at the premenopausal stage of their life to experience heavy bleeding during periods; but if you are not among them, heavy menstrual bleeding is a matter of severe concern.
If you normally lose a lot of blood during your periods or experience severe cramps that prevent you from leading your normal lifestyle, you must first identify the cause of it.
Here are some of the most common conditions that are responsible for causing Menorrhagia.
Disturbed hormonal balance: Menstruation involves the shedding of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), whose build up is generally controlled by the balance between oestrogen and progesterone, the two significant hormones of your body. It sometimes happens that there is excess endometrium generation due to disturbed hormonal balance, which results in heavy menstrual bleeding.
Polyps: Sometimes heavy menstrual bleeding occurs due to the occurrence of uterine polyps, which are tiny growths appearing on the uterus lining. This condition is mostly prevalent among women of child-bearing age caused due to raised levels of hormones.
Intrauterine device (IUD): People who use birth control methods like Intrauterine device or IUD are likely to experience certain side effects which include heavy menstrual bleeding. If the cause behind your Menorrhagia is an IUD, you might need to remove it to get relief from the condition.
Pregnancy complications: If you experience your period later than usual and it is associated with excessive bleeding, it may be caused by a miscarriage. Moreover, you might also experience Menorrhagia in case of an ectopic pregnancy, a condition when the fertilized egg is implanted within the fallopian tube in place of the uterus.
Uterine fibroids: Women of reproductive age may develop noncancerous (benign) tumours in the uterus known as uterine fibroids. These fibroids can be responsible for giving you periods lasting longer than usual accompanied with excessive bleeding.
Cancer: Though it is a rare case, sometimes the reason behind heavy menstrual bleeding may be uterine cancer, cervical cancer or ovarian cancer.
Medications: Consumption of certain prescription drugs such as anticoagulants and anti-inflammatory medicines may lead to prolonged or excessive menstrual bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Sir. Im 27 years old 56 kg suffering from thyroid and irregular period .I can not get my periods until and unless without taking tablets so I take for evry 2 months for 5 days then I can get period after a week for 3 days .blood goes normally for 2 days and how the day ends blood starts stopping from 2nday night onwrdsand complete stops on 3rd day evng. I take thyroid tablet 50 mg daily empty stomach before breakfast at any time when I wakeup. But these days don't know what happened my face getting swelling. And day bi day the problem is increasing more compare to my body my face is bigger than normally wht it has actually. So currently I done my thyroid test, blood test and sugar test as well Reports. thyroid--- Tri-iodothyroine total (TT3: 133.84 ng/dl thyroxine-total (TT4: 11.57 g/dL Thyroid Stimulating hormone (TSH: 5.19 iU/ml Haemoglobin---------14. 7gm/dl Blood Glucose Fasting: 80.9 mg/dl Parallel urine sugar: Absent Post meal (2 hrs after meals: 108.6 mg/dl Parallel urine sugar: Absent Method: GOD-POD/End point So want to know what could b reason Y dis is happening im worrying alot because my face is changing as well. How to get cure naturally or which Dr. I have to consult Regarding my problem suggest me.
My delivery is done 3 days ago. It is Cesarean delivery. But after 2 days my bleeding is stop completely. What to do for that? My stomach is also going fatty day by day.
Hello sir! myself and my girlfriend had sex without condom but I did not ejaculate inside her vagina but I have fear weather she has a chance of getting pregnancy by precum what can I do for avoiding pregnancy.
I am 17. I sometimes have some vaginal discharge. It becomes more just before my periods are about to start. And other days of month it is sometimes there (less) sometimes not. Is it normal?
My wife just delivered baby. We didn't had sex so long. Want to suck her boobs milk. Can I do so now.
Hi, was diagnosed with adenomyosis, endometriosis and fibroid. Resulting with heavy flow during periods and pelvic pain like thing starts 10 days before the period. Taking pause mf to control the flow. My question is .is hysterectomy is the only solution.
I have itchy clitoris from two or three months. Sometime it gets worse & sometime it can be tolerated. please suggest me the treatment. I had this three years ago.
Hello Dr. Good morning .i have period problem. I am a newly married girl. I had intercourse with my hubby for the first tym on 29 th oct n then on 31 oct without any protection. I am not sure what happened during those two days .i have taken unwanted 72 on 4th noverm in noon .then on 5 we have done it with full protection. My before last period date was 13 and last months date was 8 now today is 13 of november .and still I do not get in periods I have checked trice from preganews. First on 5 then on 6th and then on 11th. All.tge results were negative .I m very worried. although I have taken papita n hot things as well to produce heat. Today I have done exercise also. Is prega is the right brand to test from. I am very worried please help me out.
I'm 26 yrs old women facing joints pain since 5 days n my weight is 82 height 5.3 suffering from pcod n I have 1 daughter 3 yrs.
Reducing fat is about working on excess weight that happens due to fat deposits in the body. Getting a toned look means maintaining lean muscle with a routine aimed at doing so. This will propel you towards healthy fat loss, by keeping your lean mass and immune system in order. Read on to learn how you can achieve fat loss in a healthy manner.
- Nutrition: Nutrition is the fuel that keeps the body going. From grains to carbohydrates to essentials fats, dairy, fibre, some amount of meat and even fruits and vegetables - you need to have a little bit of everything, every single day. This will give your lean muscle much-needed nourishment so that it helps in banishing fat and works harder to give you a toned look. Also, the metabolism works faster with these kinds of food.
- Processed Food: Processed food is usually fortified and preserved with salt and fat that defeats healthy eating and makes you gain pounds. You should try and stick to freshly prepared food. Make a menu and shop at the grocery store every week to stock up your for daily meals. Further, when you are looking for a snack, ensure that you reach out for a healthy salad or cut fruit. Also, try to make use of beverages like green tea and infused water that can be made at home with cucumber, mint leaves, watermelon, lemon and more, so that you can steer clear of various other carbonated and packaged drinks.
- Routine: Getting rid of fat is also a matter of getting into a good routine of meals, exercise and sleep. You should take smaller and more frequent meals - about five to six times a day - and limit your last meal to a few hours before bed time, so that your metabolism only has to process smaller chunks at a time. Also, try to alternate meals with activity and finally remember to get yourself at least six to seven hours of sleep a day.
- Exercise: We cannot stress enough on a work session a day to burn fat and give your metabolism a boost. Work with a trainer to find your problem areas and do focused exercises and sets.
- Burning fat the healthy way is a matter of eating right, sleeping well and exercising your body every single day!