Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pramaod
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. PramaodYour feedback matters!
My friend x ray shows his growth plate is closed (epylipsyl plate) has closed but he is only 21 years male. Can he grow upto 25 with any homeopathic medicine. Please explain.
I am consuming everyday medicines for BP, Blood Sugar, cholesterol, blood thinner. All my parameters are normal with these tablets. 4 Years back I had Epilepsy and Hyper tension. And my heart beats were also irregular. In the year 2011 due to these problems I was inserted a Pacemaker, MRI friendly. Also I am taking (in addition to the BP Sugar, cholesterol tablets) tablets for controlling my Epilepsy. My heart beat is normal after the fixing of the Pace maker and I am also free from Epilepsy for the last 4 years. I am leading a normal health, of course with these tablets. With this conditions being Normal, Can I stop the Epilepsy Tablets. For epilepsy I am consuming 3 tablets/ day of Epiliv 500mg and Eptoin 100mg. My health conditions, being normal Can I discontinue the epilepsy tablets? Of course I will continue the other tablets for BP, Blood sugar, cholesterol.What is your opinion and Suggestion?
I am a male and having the problem of SEIZURES since last 3 years. I really don't know how or neither the doctor clearly specify the reasons of its occurrence. But I don't had any earlier head injuries. The convulsions suddenly stopped as soon as I started the medicines but as on the doctor's advice, I have to continue the medicines for a long period. Some months earlier (nearly 2.5 years of medication) I just stopped the medicine. One month later, the convulsions again started occurring. I suddenly started my medicines but I was really amazed/upset with as I hardly expected that a continuous medication which I used to take daily for 2.5 yrs stopped for some moment and the same problem arises again. Other minor problems like lack of self-confidence, problem while talking, shivering or stretching/relaxing of face muscles at the time of fear etc all started during these times. Kindly help me.
My brain back two side huge pain. What is that. It coming for some day days only. A sleep over the pain will gone. Is it migraine.
My mother is suffering from trigeminal neuralgia and asthma as well. Right now she is taking tegrital 200 mg, 6 tabs a day. And inhalers for asthma. Kindly suggest treatment for tg neuralgia.
I am having sleepiness problem all time. Feel like most inactive person. Like an insomniac. What should I do?
I am 26 year old man I have numbness and burning sensation in my right part of the body. I am business man so lot tense in my daily life. Due this problem my sleep get disturb .i feel tired all day. From last 2 years. So please tell me how to get relief.
I have problem of hand & head shaking (vibration) why this occurs? My father has this problem from there birth? Is this problem remain lifetime.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.