Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. PrakashYour feedback matters!
I always feel scared for no reason. M scared to go answer or to go in public or to talk with someone. Am jus nt able to express myself coz of anxiety. I Don't know y I always feel scared fr no reason m so confuse can't able to understand think or argue if also m right I don't have my self confidence this anxiety problem is with me from child hood. please help can't suffer anymore.
Hi want start gym and swimming want to no best way to quit cigrate and alcohol and get the best diet non veg.
Sir I am suffering of mania or what I do not know I always thinks negative. Like I can't pass exam. I can't do job. I will become poor. I also thinks that I forgot every thing that I learnt. I think that I can not do anything and I am foolish than everyone. Everyone is intelligent than me. Some times I want to commit suicide but with a hope that one day I will become Intelligent, I stops. This has also effected my performance in studying. I used to mummer all the days and want to live alone.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Depression makes a person miserable, disappointed, restless or numb for long and tedious timeframes, and is debilitating, particularly when they can't demonstrate their feelings and worries to anybody. It can meddle with their productivity and can become a concern not only in workplaces, but also in social circles.
So here's how to deal with a friend or family member in a depressed state of mind:
- Be considerate: Do understand that depression doesn't mean" trouble". Melancholy is a condition with an assortment of side effects like exhaustion, confused mind state and rest issues. These are all side effects of melancholy. Crabbiness is an exceptionally basic side effect, which once in a while is encountered by many individuals, and can lead to an expanded sensitivity. Normally, it's difficult to be sympathetic with someone who is behaving grumpily. But you need to make a conscious effort to still see the positive in depressed individuals and lead them to hope.
- Encourage and support: Try not to shame people for being negative. Dejection changes the world into a scene of pessimism. Discouraged individuals don't just focus on the negatives, but they also disregard the positives.
- Do validate: Approval can help manage a depressed state, and can wean a friend or family member out of depression. Remember that someone with dejection is not living in the same universe as you. The laws that oversee your universe don't exist in theirs. Depressed individuals require your understanding, your empathy, and your affection, considerably more when they are having a troublesome day, week or month. It is hard, but possible. Discouraged individuals value a positive backing in particular.
- Never say 'you're too much': When someone with depression is told "you're too much" particularly by somebody near them, it can send them spiralling into blame and nervousness and bitterness. Being encouraging and empowering is likewise useful.
- Be patient with the treatment process: A certain amount of trial and error in treatment is to be expected, Baer said. But the good news is that doctors can often help people with depression feel better and function better with a combination of medication and talk therapy, he added. With time and treatment, depression can lift. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am 26 years old and i'm so aggressive. I hate everyone my family & boyfriend I told them reason why I hate them they are ignored my each and every world they act like normal. I love them too much but they ignore me.
My thinking is always negative by this problem some time I feel to die so request you to suggest me some good way.
Hi I am 19 years and my parents forced and marry to my mom's own sister she is divorced and elder than me she is 34 years old and she has 4 children she gave divorced to her husband 4 months and marry me on our wedding night any how I know that I have to do sex with her she is my wife so my mom gave me a black cover inside it was condom so I got more excited and went into room she was already in room so when I went she was sleeping so I went to washroom then I take off my clothes and then I wake up her she got anger and said me what? So I said today is our wedding night she said I do not want children so I said we will do protected sex she dint listen so I forcedly I kissed her press her boobs she said me you will like this with your aunty so I said you are my wife she dint allow me to do sex with her she sleep and I also sleep like that only on next day morning I returned that black cover to my mom she shocked why what happened and she laughed without this you had so she came I said we dint do anything mom said why I said she is not allowing so mom said to my wife (aunty) that why dint you had she said I do not want children so I said in front of my mother I will do protected sex she said no so I said to my mom and to her first no one will marry 4 children mother so my mom said shut up to me and said today night you had so I said ok and then in night we went into room and I kiss her on lips she said do not kiss so I said why she said nothing so I think she do not like it and start pressing her boobs and put hand into her bra and started pressing she slapped me and said I am your aunty not your call girl to do like this so I said nothing so I said we will main thing she said ok closed light so I said why closed light she said again I am not your call girl closed light she lie down on bed and takeout her legging and she was wearing pamper she said me to help me in taking out her pamper so I said why did you wear pamper she said do not interfere my things she is not taking out her top just she take out her legging I dint even see her boobs and so I inserted my penis without condom she is not allowing me enter my penis completely and she is shouting loudly and I dint listen to her and start fucking her roughly and I left my sperm into her vagina I asked one more time she said no and sleep without wearing legging and then in morning when we both get up I asked for sex she no and she said I will get pregnant soon and went out so my was laughing and saying yesterday night mast bang bang so I said no only one time my parents spoiled my life what to do now should give divorce to her please say.
Sir. Thanks for your info. From few Months. I am feeling fear of die and always worried abt what will happen next. Then sometime. In the middle of sleep. I used to wakeup and felt sort of breath and feel like my pennies getting smaller or inactive. I am taken lonazep on that time. Please suggest. How can I come out of this.
Hi. I am 30 years old working in a MNC. I am feeling depressed with my family. I lost my mother few years ago. My father is retired person. I am not an only son another my elder now came and sold out all our properties. But my father didn't protest him. I can't leave my house because of my father also I can't live in this house because of my elder brother. I am feeling too much depression in this. What should I do.
I've been trying to get pregnant but things are not working out. I'm unable to quit smoking. What are the best ways to boost them?
I lost somebody close last year and at since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all time. Please help me.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I'm not concentrating on my studies. Whenever I study I cannot concentrate more than 1/2 an hour. Sometimes I don't study for 5 or 6 days. I only dreamt about future and money. I think that if I got money what can I do where to spend, etc. But sometimes I think if I will not study where this money will come from. And I go in depression and don't concentrate. One thing more if I study 1 or 2 days regular I think from now everything will be alright. But again the same thing happens. What should I do, please suggest me.
I am 23 year old college passed out student & preparing for competitive exams. I do not know whats going on with myself. As and when my exam date is coming nearer then I m loosing my concentration over studies. I am not able to focus on my studies. Plzz suggest me anything good for me.
I am currently in job and have been working for long hours and because of that could not concentrate on my family and work which I need to do at home, this caused be headache and tensions resulted in migraine and I have started taking medicines from homeopathy based in Connaught place and doctors have suggested me to exercise daily and eat 3 types of food daily. I have been doing this for past 4 months but my situation is same and I am not able to focus and that is resulting in suffering work of family and as well as of office. Now I need to know what should I do to ensure that I will remain fit and fine as I already tried to get treatment and actually got one but I did not got cured, rather the problem continued and I am still the Same person as I was before I took the treatment, please do recommend me the right solution. I dnt want to get involved in fraud again and waist my money.
Doctor. Im mentally So Depressed please help. Me. I.loved a Girl So Seriously. Her mrg fixed I do not Know What I can do now. I Completed Studies and Waiting for a Job.
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.