Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrakashYour feedback matters!
I have a 1 year old baby girl with ASD problem of heart. It is possible to cure ASD problem please help me out.
For my son his age is 3 month and he is having too much loos motion and he is having infection on it so what to do?
Hi - I have 35 days old baby. Please suggest me some tips to make breast feeding easier. How often we can feed? Ideas on foods to eat and avoid during tis time ?
My 4 months old son is passing little stool all day long and passing diaper full of stool 3 to 4 times a day stool is sometimes foamy yellow sometimes mucus yellow and he is passing wind also, what shall I do? Please advise.
My baby 10 month old is suffering from fever from last three days and become senseless 2 times for last 2 days and till now he is suffering from fever please suggest what to do?
My kid is 14 months old and snoring is the problem. Respire with a slight sound and some times feel difficulty in breathing (Weariness). Just want to know better to contact pediatric Pulmonology or ENT department?
Hello Doctors, My son born on 10th APR-2016 with 1.96 KG with PRE-TERM (34 Weeks 6 days) and currently he is with weight of 3.8 Kg but he is continuously taking the FORMULA MILK (Similac Advance 1) only because my wife is not getting the breast milk like very rarely she can get breast milk and she is trying to give parallel but we are really worrying because as we are seeing through out the day he is feeding with formula milk only. Please suggest is there any harm? And what to do this conditions since if he is having hungry he will cry lot and after formula milk feeding he is OK. And he is more active like hitting through his legs and hands and keep on looking the persons and laughing and responding if we tell some thing. Suggest please for the further way forward. Thanking you in advance!
My children id 2.8months and having allergy. He is coughing continually if he does not take monticope 4mg tab on a single day. To stop cough we have give him nebulisation. His allergy level is 239. Please advice how can we stop his continue coughing.
It is the timely medical treatment which matters.
My 1 years old child have eczema from more than a months, but it reappears on some places and very itchy as of now. The treatment is going on from one month.
I have got a new born baby boy on 8th july. What care should I take for him. How and when to have feeding. His diet plus mother's care and diet.
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.