Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash ObalappaYour feedback matters!
I am having the the problem of Snoring and breathing by my mouth while going in deep sleep. Is it possible to stop and have easy breath? I am aged now 53 years and Is it possible/have any tablet to take care of heart, to avoid any blood blockages etc.
My Right nose is always blocked. It's due to septum deviation. I somewhere read that right nose is connected with our left brain. Is it true? Could my blockage results in less active left Cerebral? I have not much problem in breathing for that although. Please suggest me.
I am 31 year old. I always feel that there is mucus in my throat and try to clear it. I had ear infection 2 months ago also.
I am having too much of pain in my throat as it is even paining while eating or drinking something and pain is in little bit of right side of my throat and little bit of fever too. What should I do and what medicine and diet should I take.
I do not want to go for sinus operation. Can I use otrivin nasal drop whole life because in night I need it to have a sound sleep.
Hi sir, Suddenly I got blood from my nose, I'm worried about this, may I know what are the reasons for this.
I am 21 year old. I used to study for 12 hours and I put excessive pressure on mind to capture the things. This caused headache and dizziness all the time. This headache is from past 1.5 year. Now I lay on the bed all the time and cannot do any work due this headache. This headache is created by me due excess study and pressure on mind. What should I do? Help me sir.
Hello doctor. Good morning. actually I went for swimming 2 days back. Some water went to my ears. Today my head feels lil bit weight. And what we have to do if water went into our ears. Can you pls suggest me doctor. Tq.
When ever I am travelling by flight my ear pains a lot. It almost killing me .after a day became normal. How to prevent the pain.
Hello, I am a 13 years old boy actually when I was playing cricket in my cricket academy I was injured by a synthetic ball in my forehead. After consulting doctor after a hour my nose started bleeding and even blood was coming from mouth when I inhaled saliva. Why it is so? There is any ways prevent it?
I have been having indigestion for the last few days. I am experiencing bloating of the stomach and burping. My stool has varied from normal to loose. Yesterday I had severe reflux and since last night I feel like I have a lump in my throat. Not sure if it's food stuck due to the reflux. My stomach is still bloated and the burps haven't stopped. Please advise.
I am a 17 year old male. I have a sore throat from 3 days. What do I do now? I am also suffering from body pain in the last few days. From a long time I also have some cache pain in my chest area. I have been advised to take nexpro 40.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Drinking alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.