Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash Obalappa
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash ObalappaYour feedback matters!
I am a 27 yr old man. I have throat pain, dry tongue & marks at mouth soft palate. What should I do?
Is there any permanent cure for maxillary sinusitis? As I got operated but still the allergic please suggests thanks.
From last 7-10 days, I am suffering from blocked nose. I have tried otrivin nasal spray, sinarest, chest and cold tab, but of no use. Every day I wake up with blocked nose. Sometimes, midnight, I feel my nose getting blocked making it difficult to breathe. I have taken vapour for 2-3 days as well. After using otrivin /sinarest, it does give me a relief but these are not permanent solution. I have never had this situation in past where it took more than 7 days for blocked nose to heal.
I feel really dizzy and weak and I sometimes have blackouts at random times. I also feel like i'm going to collapse I don't know what it is so please help.
How do I stop snoring. My age is 22 years so I want some home remedies that I could do to stop my snoring problem.
I have burning sensation in my throat for 2 weeks. Even I lie down after 2 hours after food. Its not resolving. I have frequent burping. I could not complete my meals, I have fullness of stomach. Nausea sometimes present. But I don't have abdominal pain. I scared?
I have been to a water park (Aqua magical) and there due to feirce rides a bit of water got in through my nose into my body, I now have shallow breathing (I. E I can't breathe deep) and I feel a bit uneasy Should I be concerned please help ASAP.
Why nose bleeding can be serious?
A majority of people experience nosebleeds at least once in their lifetimes, whether from excessive picking of the nose or a pretty hard fall. Most nosebleeds go away soon but it can get very serious if you are not careful.
Nosebleeds can be broadly classified into two types:
1. Anterior nosebleeds, which happen from the front of the nose, are quite normal and get better quickly.
2. Posterior nosebleeds happen from deep within the nose and get very serious if proper care is not provided. However, such cases are rare and happen only in extreme trauma.
What to do when a nosebleed strikes?
- to stop the bleeding, tilt your head upwards and apply ice on the bridge of the nose. This helps in stopping the blood flow quickly. You can also stuff cotton in your nostrils while doing it.
- blow your nose in order to clear the clots in the nose as they can prolong bleeding.
When does a nosebleed get serious?
- when the measures to stop the bleeding don't work. You are at risk to lose blood if you don't get medical help.
- if you have regular nosebleeds then consult your doctor immediately as it could be a symptom of an underlying health condition.
- a nosebleed can also become serious if you are having medicines that thin blood as it could make the nosebleed more severe.
- if you suffer from a blood clotting disorder.
- if the nosebleed is a caused by a trauma like a fall or an accident and you are having difficulty in stopping the bleeding, get immediate medical help.
Related Tip: Ways to Prevent and Stop Nose Bleeding