Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash NYour feedback matters!
I have been overweight and now that I am trying to lose weight, I see a lot of stretch marks on my hands and tummy area. How can I keep my skin great while I go for being healthy? I am 39 and I need to lose almost 40 Kgs. I already have a psychologist and diet plan doctor helping me a great deal.
Oily skin is a condition that can be characterized by shine on the skin and a large number of pores. The oil in question is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive sebum. This can result in acne and blackheads. Summer is a time of the year where skin problems due to oily skin are worsened by factors such as sweat and dust. So proper skin care is necessary in order to negate the effects of oily skin.
There are multiple ways to handle this condition in summers:
1. Using cleansers - Proper cleaning of skin is a very important step in lessening the effects of oily skin. Harsh cleansers have an opposing effect as they facilitate secretion of oil, so a mild cleanser is usually the best option. Some cleansers may contain ingredients that irritate the skin, so care is advised in selecting a proper one.
2. Hydration and food - Keeping the body well hydrated in summers combined with a diet free of greasy, oily food and less fats can help in reducing the effects of oily skin.
3. Using masks to clear the face - Masks such as clay masks, yogurt, and baking soda can help in cleansing the skin by clearing the oil. It should be noted that these treatments should not be overdone as they can cause the skin to dry up too much and over secrete oil.
4. Skin moisturizers - People often have this notion that oily skin does not require moisturizer application. Selecting a moisturizer that is fit for oily skin and using it will help moisturize the skin and keep it healthy.
5. Sunscreen - Sunscreen is a necessity during summers, and the sunscreen you choose should be specifically for oily skin in order for it to work effectively. Application of sunscreen can help prevent the UV rays of the sun from penetrating the skin and cause complications.
6. Dermatological treatment - In case of severe oiliness, treatments such as chemical peels and creams laced with tretinoin can help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hi I am 55 years old I am having under eye dark what is the remedy to remove my under eye dark circle.
Hi. I am ann I have been applying lemon juice on my armpit because heard that it lightens dark coloured underarms. Its been 2 weeks since I am applying. But past 2 days on my armpit area I have reddishness and itchy feeling. Can you please tell me what is the cause for that and what is the remedy?
I have so many dark spots and acne on my face and specially on the forehead. Please tell me how to reduce those spots naturally and completely.
Hello doctors sir I am 21 years old. My face is quite fair Please suggest some easy methods to improve my fairness.
Pimples are arising in my face from past 4 to 5 months I have used many creams which was suggested by doctor. Femcinol.at present I am using Lacto calamine lotion but no best results was found. I have oily skin and am 20 years old and am using Himalaya face wash. Can you please suggest me how to reduce these pimples in my face.
Hi am facing a skin problems so my skin was oily skin am using Himalaya products now bt am nt getting any results day by day my skin was very dark and thickness so pls suggest me any other cream or homemade recipe plss.
I have 3moles on my skin. It makes my face looking bad. Is there any mole removal cream? Please suggest me.
Heyy I have a problem on my upper side of my arm it have type of wrinkles on that which seems very bad when it seems to anyone Tell my wot I do?
Hello, my name is Himanshu Gavande. I'm having pimples and akne problem. My skin was oily but its dry now. Pimples are gone but dark spots are still there so can you help me to remove these dark spots?
Hi I'm a male were do we get homeopathy medicines from do we get in normal medical store or in homeopathy medical stores please tel me can I use or take homoeopathy medicines or remedies for my skin problems like oily skin, pimples, rashes and scars and wrinkles on my face or skin please tel me the names of homeopathic medicine or remedies for my skin problems like dull face skin, pimples, boils, rashes, scars and oily face skin and other skin problems please help me me tel me please best homeopathic or homeopathy remedies or medicines for clear, healthy and glowing skin please help me please tel me plz.
Acne is one of the acute skin troubles people face every now and then and thus desperately look for the best solution to cure the same. There are many people who think that medications are the only way out, but this is completely wrong.
This is because most of the acne treating drugs have got stronger antibiotics that are believed to cure acne speedily, but the real fact is that you will get temporary recovery, and your skin texture will get adversely affected by the same. Thus, you are recommended to look for only those solutions that are safe and can replace antibiotics in the most efficient manner.
Top 5 methods for treating acne without using antibiotics
1. Blue light: Acne creating bacteria can be only killed by using this therapy. This therapy is quite improved, and it is not at all invasive in nature and thus your skin quality is not affected at all. Total four sessions are included for getting the ultimate result and these sessions are only conducted under clinical supervision. You can also make a purchase of blue light, especially Tria skin clarifying light so that skin acne can be cleared along with the clearance of acne marks. There are few safety precautions that need to be maintained so that skin damages can be easily prevented.
2. Giving up sugar: Sugary foods should be completely curtailed from your regular diet so that acne trouble can be kept in control. Excessive sugary components lead to the creation of excessive skin oil, and this oil is highly responsible for creating acne, and on the other hand, bacterial infection can also occur due to excess oil secretion.
3. Taking Omega-3: Acne are very much irritating as they create inflaming sensations and these sensations can be only be effectively dealt with this particular component. Fish oil gel caps are highly enriched with this component and in this regard Omega Max deserves special mention. This will help in maintaining absolutely flawless and healthy skin.
4. Silk Peel Microdermabrasions: Pink scars can be treated well using silk peel. This kind of peel plays the most useful role in making the skin unclogged from different unwanted wastes causing acne and bacterial infections. In this case, collagen production can be stimulated along with the maintenance of healthy and glowing skin.
5. Glycolic acid lotions and cleansers: Sugarcane is enriched with glycolic acid and this acid is now available in different lotions and cleansers that are useful for skin exfoliation and pore unclogging.