Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash MnYour feedback matters!
My sister never gets good sound sleep. Always feel tired, confused, poor memory, less concentration. She had a history of taking antidepressants 1.5 years ago. Even when she is damn tired in the day she is unable to sleep in the day and due to tiredness she is able to sleep in the night but only his body rests but not mind. Please doc help. Does she required to take antidepressants again. She always feel saturated and mental fatigue.
Dependent Personality Disorder
Dependent personality disorder (dpd) is one of a cluster of disorders defined by symptoms of anxiety and fear. The specific, identifying symptoms include:
- being emotionally dependent on others; feeling they can’t take care of themselves
- investing a lot of time and effort in trying to please significant people
- displaying clingy, passive and needy behavior
- avoiding disagreements for fear of losing approval and support
- experiencing separation anxiety and intense fear of abandonment
- finding it hard to be alone
- putting the needs of others before their own
- tolerating mistreatment and abuse for fear of disapproval and abandonment
- being crushed, and feeling helpless, when relationships end – and forming new relationships as soon as possible
- being unable to make even the simplest decision without the input and reassurance of others
- rarely taking the initiative
- avoiding personal responsibility
- avoiding responsible jobs and careers that require independent, autonomous functioning
- being over-sensitivity to criticism
- feeling negative and pessimistic; expecting to disappoint and fail
- having low self esteem and lacking confidence, including a belief that they are unable to care for themselves.
- The cause of disorder is still unclear, and probably includes both a genetic and environmental component. Some researchers have speculated that it could be linked to an authoritarian or overprotective parenting style – which acts as a trigger for a genetic predisposition.
Treatment is usually initially sought for some other problem or concern – such as feeling overwhelmed – so that they can’t cope with life. Also, sufferers will often have a mood disorder so they seek help for depression or anxiety at first.
The normal treatment for this particular disorder is counselling or psychotherapy. However, the emphasis is short term therapy so the person doesn’t form a dependency – and then look to the counsellor to take care of them. Prognosis with support is generally good.
I feel really nervous these day. I don't know what is going on with me. I really need assistance. I feel that I am depressed.
I'm a 23 years male. I can't able to concentrate on works. Depressed more easily than ever now. How can I recover this issue?
I feel weakness/tiredness most of the time for no reason, I am not doing anything physical or mental. What should I do.
I feel scared of anything. I feel only secure with parents. I cry every morning. I remind all bad thing happened in past just like year down gf ditched me. But now I feel scared sometime get pain in heart doctor reports says everything is normal .what happening with me please save me.
i am suffering from mental depression please help me out. That why sometimes I want screaming and cry.
I am always remaining very stressful whole day and I don't work also but still feel very lazy. So what to do .even I do yoga daily but still I don't feel good.
Hi how to reduce the stress of the day examination while prepared with all things due to this loose the confidence. Any solution regards this.
Hello doc Lately I am facing the major problems on my life, and it's kinda taking a lot of time from me so I started having some suicide thoughts, that is related to the problem, will just so much problems cuz that kind of thinking, or I'm suffering from a depression,? I ve been told that the depression doesn't cone from problems.
I constantly feel tired, sleepy and sort of like have body ache in the morning as soon as I wake up. I also have pain in my knees and feet, backpain and low energy levels. What could it be?
I am a software engg by profession, recently i came across a girl in my office newly joined as intern but in a different team. 2 months back somehow i could manage to find her name and fb profile & i sent a friend request to her & she accepted that & asked me whether i know her, i said i saw you in office we work in the same company this is our first interaction. One day early morning in the office i thought i should call her for a tea & intro myself for this i just pinged her on fb to initiate a conversation however she didn't responded & in the evening she un-friend me i found it very rude & immature, if she wanted to do this then she should have not accepted the request. Next day i thought i should apologize to her for sending a friend request & normalize the issue as i don't want that we both feel uncomfortable when we see each other in the office it will very awkward situation so i did apologize to her by saying "i am sorry i din't realize how uncomfortable it would have been for you seeing unknown guy poking you" she replied its ok and went. Then whenever i use to see her i use to say Hi she also responds with Hi this went like for few days, then 2-3 times i could manage to talk to her about herself & career, guided her how she should progress in the company she talked very gently , frankly as if she is ok but whenever i see her i only initiate & she crosses as if she doesn't know me i f i don't say Hi this makes me thing "is she really comfortable talking to me" ? i should better ask her because i don't wanted that someday all of sudden she things that i am stalking & harassing her. I thought of asking her in alone over a snacks/tea for this i sent an email once "Up for Tea" but she didn't respond one day i met her personally i thought i will ask her now but somehow i couldn't get that confidence so i left it but after two days i msgd her on fb and asked can we talk about that she said yes i asked her that "are you comfortable when we talk" firstly she said "lame joke, gud nyt" i again asked her & i wrote one line along with this "that btw black suites you" after that she responded "Ques is dumb n inappropriate.I talk to my colleague about my project n work culture.Wats dere to not be uncomfy.Dont send buttering flith.I conclude_ u r nt a gud person to talk. I said i am sorry if i hurted you it's a compliment if you don't like it i take my words back i wrote sorry so many times but she didn't responded i felt like a beggar & found her very egoistic, i said don't do this i would feel guilty & it would become difficult for me to face you but she didn't respond. I started feeling for her now i don't know how to behave with her ? shall i talk to her in office normally or i should stop talking & ignore her? but if i do this i will hurt myself only because i really feel like talking to her but i don't want things to go worsen in office as it could spoil my career if she complains, Please guide me what i should do now, what should be my next course of action ?
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
- Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
- Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
- Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
- Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
- Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
- Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
- SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
- Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.