Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash KiniYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor m 32 years old. I got married in March 2016. M trying for baby from last 2 months but not able to conceive don't understand why. I n my husband both have B positive blood group, does it creates any problems in conceiving. N on my menstrual day I have very light bleeding but before marriage it comes normally n remain for 3-5 days. M in great stress not able to understand what is happening with me. Kindly help us doctor.
My wife is pregnant 16 weeks, she has undergone cervical length surgery (stitch) on 5th September 2016, at that time her cervical length was 2.8 cm and now it is 2.9 cm, will it be safe to travel by flight post 5th October 2016.
Varicella Zoster causes Chicken pox too. In some cases of Chicken pox, the virus continues to stay in the nerves and remains dormant for a long time. When activated, this silent virus presents itself as Herpes Zoster. Therefore, 90% patients inflicted with Herpes Zoster report to have had past history of Chicken pox. Herpes Zoster appears as many collections of multiple tiny painful blisters which are filled with dirty white or yellowish fluid.
These collections appear along the distribution of the afflicted nerve. The skin below and around the eruptions is red and inflamed. It usually appears on any one side of the body. The pain varies from mild to severe and can be experienced as burning or shooting pain and can be extremely agonizing. The skin lesion may subside in 3 to 6 weeks, however the pain may last forever.
This condition is called ‘Post-Herpetic Neuralgia’. Therefore, the condition should be treated as fast as possible. Skin to skin contact is the major source of spread. However, it is not extremely infectious. Homoeopathy is strongly recommended in cases of Herpes Zoster. Homoeopathy rapidly cures the disease, relieves the pain, heals the skin lesions, prevents relapse and Post Herpetic Neuralgia.
Although the patient starts feeling comfortable within the first few days of treatment, 8 to 12 weeks of medicines is recommended to heal the lesions completely and prevent relapse and Post-herpetic neuralgia. Treatment should be continued till the affected skin becomes completely clear and healthy.
DR RUSHALI ANGCHEKAR
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic
I married before 4 yes ago, I have one baby 3 years .now I planned to have another baby, while doing sex I sucked her vagina, is it okay or I should avoid this? . Pls reply.
I am 31 years old and 80 days pregnant. This is 2nd pregnancy. Once I conceived, we went for blood check up and found I had thyroid of 5.4. Range reference given by hospital is 2-5.6, little bit worried I reached near to border. My doctor suggest to go for treatment, now i'm taking 25mg of tablet daily morning in the empty. Please advise will this thyroid affect baby's growth and is there possibility of normal delivery.
If I had done unprotected sex with my pheonsi during her period's second day and then we go for Emergency Contraceptive Pills Unwanted 72, So can you tell me this tablet hurt the period or not? We can take or not? Please help me as soon as possible.
My cousin had periods on 30 Sep this year. She is sexually active. Now it's more than two weeks she missed her periods. Her pregnancy test on 10 nov came negative though. Could she be pregnant? She and her partner always have protected sex. Please help.
After intercourse there is soaring or itching or small around or in the vagina even though it is sufficiently lubricated and it happens recently of our one year relation could I know what is the reason and what are the remedies.
Dates were first discovered in 6000 BC in Iraq. Later it travelled throughout the world. Today, dates are found in over 30 varieties in a dry, soft and semi-dry state. This is one of the sweetest fruits found across the globe. They were first known to have healing power.
Later scientists discovered an array of benefits associated with this fruit. Following are the reasons you must eat them:
1. Cholesterol: Dates are known to be a good agent for reducing cholesterol. They have the ability to absorb LDL and increase the level of HDL in the body. Owing to their low fat quantity, they can be consumed in higher quantities without the apprehension of putting on weight.
2. Nervous System: Owing to its high potassium and low sodium content, dates are considered as a wonderful agent for balancing the nervous system. Potassium keeps the risk of heart attack at bay and helps to maintain a smooth blood flow.
3. Digestion: Dates are suggested to be soaked in water and consumed every day for better digestion. People suffering from constipation can get huge relief by consuming 2 dates empty stomach on a regular basis.
4. Weight gain: Dates are extremely flexible in nature. They can help to gain weight owing to their vitamin, sugar and protein content. Dates when consumed with cucumber help to keep weight at the normal level.
5. Improve skin: Dates have multiple good effects on the skin. This, vitamin C and D rich fruit can increase the elasticity and add a glow to your skin. Dates are also an anti-aging agent and do not let melanin accumulate inside the upper layer of the skin. People with dry skin can get it resolved with daily consumption of dates.
6. Bone health: Dates contain essential ingredients such as magnesium, iron, selenium, potassium and manganese. These are all vital components of the bone and joint health. Consuming 3-4 dates per day can ensure a healthy bone. People suffering from arthritis are sure to benefit from this fruit.
7. Hangover fixation: Dates are known to curb inebriation and cure hangover. In order to best use its effect, few dates need to be soaked in water overnight and the outer skin of the dates has to be peeled before consumption.
8. A rich source of vitamin: Dates are a rich source of a number of vitamins that are essential for the body. Apart from B1, B2, B3 and B5, they contain vitamin C and A1. Consuming 3 to 5 dates on a regular basis can not only increase the energy level of a person, but also maintain the overall vitamin rate of the body at the accepted level. Dates are pretty filling in nature owing to their glucose and fructose content. As such they can be consumed as part of the evening snack.
I had sex 3 weeks ago and did not had any contraceptives. Now my dates are delayed by 3 days. I don't want to have a baby right now as I am just 20. I need suggestions as soon as possible to what should I do to get back to normal. I weigh around 49-50 kgs and am tense and scared too please help!
I have itchy red bumps on my abdomen and inner thighs and it's slowly spreading. I visited a dermatologist last month and he said its a fungal infection and gave me some medicine but it's not helping at all. I was tested positive for herpes on November 2015. But last month the doctor told me that it's not because of herpes. I have been applying fucibet everyday but it's not helping much. I would like to request you to kindly give me some good medicines.
Heavy pain in stomach n back during dates. Is it safe to take meftal (medicine) once in two or three month.
I'm 33 years old and my husband is 42, my period is regular 28 days cycle we try to conceived but not what can I do.
You must have often wondered what’s better for your health - drinking fruit juice or eating whole fruits. Or, you might already be aware about why eating whole fruits is better than drinking them up. Did you know why that’s the case?
While juices may be easier to digest, they still lose the battle to whole fruits when it comes to health benefits.
1. Nutrient content
Many fruits contain edible skins, which are made up of coloured pigments like carotenoids and flavonoids. These pigments are instrumental in protecting your skin from damage that may be caused by exposure to the harmful UV rays of sunlight. So, when you choose fruit juice over fruits, you lose out on this benefit as the juicing process involves the removal of fruit skins.
Also, the juicy pulp of a fruit is rich in fibre and other essential nutrients. For instance orange peels contain vitamin C, which combines with flavonoids to give you healthier skin and stronger bones. Juicing removes the solid parts of the fruit making the beverage devoid of these nutrients. Even if you add pulp to your juice, it only makes up a fraction of the amount contained in raw fruit, and is hence lacking in the benefits that whole fruits offer.
2. Fibre content
Fruit juice has low fibre content in comparison to a fruit as most of the pulp is removed in the process of extracting the juice. For example, consumption of 3-4 apples gives you about 12-15 gm of fibre intake, but if you consume a glass of apple juice containing the same number of fruits, you get only 0.2 gm of fibres.
3. Additive and preservative content
Some acids are present in fruit juices, which have a negative effect on your tooth enamel and roots and can cause tooth decay. People with sensitive teeth are more exposed to the risk of getting damaged teeth if they consume fruit juices regularly. On the other hand, fruits do not come with any such side effects as they don’t contain any artificial additives, which can harm your teeth.
4. Calorie content
There is a prevalent misconception that lack of fibre in fruit juices helps in weight reduction, which makes many people prefer fruit juices over fruits. The truth is that most fruit juices contain added sweeteners (such as sugar), which add to the calorie content of the drink. So, if you want to lose some weight, it’s best to consume whole fruits in place of fruit juices.
Fruit juices may be better alternatives to colas and other carbonated beverages, but are not the best option if you want to be healthier. So, consider the role of fruits in keeping you healthy and whenever given a choice, try to prefer them over fruit juices.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.