Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash KalkuraYour feedback matters!
I am 77 years old. I suffer from psoriasis since early childhood. It is genetically transmitted from mother to child. I am a retired medico in integrated medicine. I hv tried steroids, sunbath and antiallergics. It is mainly on scalp n groin area.
I am 22 years old female and my height is 4'10. Is there any supplements that can make me grow few inches taller at this age?
I am a 25 years old male and I have a problem of excessive fat in my entire body so everyday I consumed a bowl of oats mixed with some milk and little bit of sugar. Is oats aids in weight loss?
A small pea sized lump is felt from past few days behind the neck below the ear which is neither too soft or hard. No pain or nothing. Doesn't seem to be there unless I press the region behind the neck. What might be the reason behind the development and what should I do. Pls suggest.
Sir I am suffering from sleeping problem.. Before sleeping so many past deeds automatically coming to my mind. Tried to concentrate but not possible..
I was suffering with knees pain and back pain can I have a immediate relief by doing any yoga are exercises plzZ suggest me.
I have pimples. And it gets black spots for in those places. What should we do for that black spots.
I am 22 years old female, and I get frequent migraine headaches almost everyday, I work 8 hours a day on the computer and just recently I got my eyes checked and got glasses for the computer screen, but the headache seems to continue and for that I take table "Nise" and my headache stops sometimes but sometimes it just continues and doesn't stop. Is there something that I have to worry about?
I'm 25 year old n. I k feel very week. All the time. My weight 54 its too low. How I gane my weight. N be a perfect finger?
I have mild psoriasis on legs. Usually got relief from dipsalic f. But from past 4 years the scaly patches on legs not responding to dipsalic. I use coconut oil to keep it from drying. Is there any other medication?
Doctor I am 48 yrs Old man with diabeties probelm since 3 yrs back l am regularlytaking volibo 0. 03 and glycomet sr 500, my blood sugar is between 110 to 230 mg\dl in pf nd pp. What precaution should l take to reduce future complication?
Dr. please tell me what is the best aloevera gel to apply for dark elbows and dark knees and it should also become pure white.
Sir I am not able to be happy if I try to sleep at night then I cannot and in morning my mood remains so much upset how can I cure please tell me.
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this) If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.