Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash.K.M.MYour feedback matters!
I have started going to gym. I want to build body muscle. When and how much protein supplement should I take? Suggest me a proper schedule for taking supplement.
I am 21 year old and I have hair fall problem and in my back side skin there will become white small spot in many number. please give me idea to stop the hair fall.
My age is 31, my weight is 75, I have gone for bone density test ,it s good bt even though am getting back pain, when I bend and get up, I am nt able to stand straight, and even I put on weight, can you suggest me hw to reduce weight and back pain.
Dear Sir/Madam I have dark circle problem to my eyes. Kindly help me which cream I have to use or something else it will really helpful for me. Thank you.
Now it is a rainy season in kerala. How to avoid the different types of fever in this season. Help me plz.
I am 18 year old boy and suffering from typhoid. So please suggest me some treatment and medicine Which has no side effects? I want to well in seven days.
How to cure a person suffering from typhoid and Signs and symptoms those indicate this and basic cause of this and also Associated conditions related to this diseases?
thinning of hair and upper area of my head having hair fall and I am using clinic plus shampoo So pls give a suggestion and a home remedy to have a healthy and dark hair.
I have some pigmentation on my face plus pimples. Me trying home remedies to get rid of this from last two months but nothing worked what should I do? Am female and age is 25. Please help me.
My son is 15 year old. His height is 5.3ft. Can his height increase? Is there any supplement or medicine for the same?
If any food and water consumption after 10 min Water and food (rice) just like wanting What is reason any solution please give me sir/madam.
Is it possible to increase height after 22 its for my brother he is 23 and his height is 5" 5 by means possible-really possible.
Since blood is part of the cardiovascular system, and diabetes is a condition in which the level of glucose in the blood is higher than normal, then is certainly some relationship between the two.
Diabetes and cardiovascular system diseases has been recognized to be closely related to each other due to the so-called insulin resistance syndrome or metabolic syndrome. Some examples of the commonly diagnosed cardiovascular disease are coronary heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Diabetes is considered a major risk factor in cardiovascular diseases. Other factors that contribute to the possibility of acquiring cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients include hypertension, smoking, and dyslipidemia.
How Diabetes Causes Cardiovascular Problems?
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis: Arteriosclerosis is the stiffening or hardening of the artery walls while Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the artery because of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a form of hardening of the blood vessels/arteries, caused by fatty deposits and local tissue reaction in the walls of the arteries. Diabetes is a documented high risk factor for the development of both Atherosclerosis, Arteriosclerosis. Heart disease and stroke, arising mainly from the effects of atherosclerosis, account for 65 percent of deaths among diabetics.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin. There is a growing recognition that diabetes belongs to a special category of risk factors because it markedly increases risk of CVD. This increase is partly the result of the pernicious effects of persistent hyperglycemia on the vasculature and partly due to the coexistence of other metabolic risk factors.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
Individuals with insulin resistance or diabetes in combination with one or more of these risk factors are at even greater risk of heart disease or stroke. However, by managing their risk factors, patients with diabetes may avoid or delay the development of heart and blood vessel disease. Your health care provider will do periodic testing to assess whether you have developed any of these risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am taking the weight loss pill garcinia CAMBOGIA 95% HCA but it is not working for me. After reading reviews I bought this. Actually it works or not? Please suggest me what I have do, I want to loose my weight from waist and belly. If I will not do any gym or exercises. Is there any solutions?
Hello doctors Hi I m a boy of 20 yr. Old my height is 5.5" ft with 50.5 kg weight. My friend said you're very weak but I have more stamina and power. When I look me self I irritate and I am eating more and more my diet is good but I can't increased weight sometime I fell negative me please what should I do.
I am 25 years old. I got a severe backache since 2months. I have been trying several ointments but they are not working. Please help me?
Homeopathy was developed by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann who was a general physician by profession in Germany. The concept, "like cures like" may sound a bit weird, but it is proved to be successful and homeopathy treatment for any ailment is preferred worldwide.
Depression is a kind of mental ailment or disease, which could make a person lose hope of living life and results in hopelessness and sadness. There are efficient homeopathic medicines that can work to reduce the illness, especially if treated in the early stages.
Homeopathy is a reliable path to follow because it does not have any side effects, unlike antidepressants that tend to numb people. Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines that are effective in treating depression.
- Natrum muriaticum: This homeopathic treatment is useful for mild depression or for people suffering extreme bereavement due to loss or a sudden shock.
- Sepia: This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from postpartum depression (sadness or emotional confliction after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.
- Ignatia amara: Ignatia amara is often best for sensitive people that tend to suppress disappointment or grief. They also do not want to appear too vulnerable, defensive, moody, or guarded in the eyes of others. On occasion, they may burst into tears or laughter for no particular reason. Other symptoms may include abdominal cramps, headaches, or insomnia.
- Gelsemium: The best natural Homeopathic medicine for treatment of anxiety especially when appearing in public is Gelsemium. Fear also accompanies anxiety in such situations. Stage fright with symptoms of anxiety is also best treated with Homeopathic medicine Gelsemium. A distinguishable symptom is nervousness with trembling of hands. The person also feels anxious about his present, future and health. Gelsemium is also of great help in dealing with anxiety during examination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.