Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. PrakashYour feedback matters!
I have problem of digestion and it causes headache and gas problem so to recover from this what should I do?
When I am going to ejaculation. I press the top of pennis by two finger for one minute. Then can I stop my ejaculation. Can I improve my sex duration. And is it harmful please suggest me sir.
I had lot of pain in my neck for so many years. I got my Vitamin D checked and it showed only 3.2 against minimum level of 20 ng/ml. So please advise me what precautions should I take?
Sir yesterday I swallow my nail accidentally. Which is stuck in my neck as I feel. I get feared to read the articles on Google about this. So what should we do after that. Should I meet the doctor? Or no need to take tension? Give your suggestion please sir.
Sir, I am masturbate from 5 years nearly. I am now 23 years of old. My penis erection decreases and they are showing nerves on it. Whats the reason. It causes infertility.
Doctor maine head mein desi ghee se message ki aur ao gya neend bahut gehri aayi aaj lagta hai jaise mein gya. Aur ab uthne ke baad ankhe dhundli si thi. Aise lage jaise chakkar aa rahe ho. Foot bhi cold hai. Ears mein awaaz bhi aa rahi hai. Gas bhi bahut banti hai. Mujhe kya problem ho sakti hai. Kahi brain ki koi problem to nhi.
With more people frankly discussing about the loss of libido, studies have been conducted to investigate the reasons behind this. Surprisingly, in addition to hormonal and functional causes like genital issues, one common factor that causes loss of libido in both men and women is lifestyle changes. In addition to improper food habits and loss of exercise, loss of sleep is one of the most common causes of reduced sex drive.
Listed below are some reasons how sleep affects your sex drive:
- Lowers testosterone levels: Optimal amounts of testosterone in the body are required for having a good sex drive. Sleeplessness reduces the amount of testosterone produced in the body, thereby directly affecting the person's libido. A week with only 5 hours of sleep daily can reduce testosterone levels by 15%, which is equivalent to approximately 10 to 15 years of ageing.
- Vaginal lubrication: Studies have shown women who sleep regularly are wetter and have less pain during sex. Painful sex in turn reduces the sex drive in women.
- Erectile dysfunction: Improper sleep habits also reduces the quality of erection, thereby leaving you dissatisfied. Patients with sleep apnea who breathe irregularly with pauses in between were identified to have erectile dysfunction. The correlation gets stronger when the erectile dysfunction and sleep apnea improved drastically with regular sleep habits.
- Sleep induced depression: Sleeplessness leads to depression and general fatigue, and the last thing one wants to indulge in when depressed and tired is to have a sex.
- Impaired cognitive function: In addition to depression, deprived sleep also leaves you with overall reduced cognitive function, which leads to a vicious cycle of not reacting to your partner's instincts, etc. If you are not able to decipher whether or not the other person is interested, then the frequency and more importantly the quality of sex is reduced. This again sends out wrong signals to the partner, who will also not make the first move. And that again leads to a gradual decline of your sex life.
- Reduces love: Ever wondered why good sex is followed by a sound sleep and leaves you feeling fresh. There are strong chemical reasons to it sex induces hormones like prolactin which helps you relax and feel rested; it also produces the cuddle hormone oxytocin which increases the goodness feeling; it also reduces cortisol which is the stress hormone. All these increase feelings of belonging and love between the partners, which are affected by lack of sleep.
So, if you and your partner have been have been wondering how to rekindle your love life, think of getting a good night's sleep and sex will happen on its own.