Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. PrakashYour feedback matters!
Body odour is a problem faced by a lot of people from all walks of life. It usually arises from the combination of sweat and living bacteria that naturally dwell in the human body. There are certain factors that are usually responsible for triggering it. Thick fabrics, stress, dietary habits that include excess caffeine intake, use of onions and garlic in the daily diet, or excess fat in the body are just a few to name. The most annoying of all body odours are smelly armpits! However, it is usually possible to keep the odour at bay. Here’s how we can control it.
Daily habits to practise
- Stay hydrated throughout the day. It allows the body to free itself from the toxic products, which contribute to the chemical formations that arise as a foul smell.
- Eat a lot of green vegetables and less amounts of onions, garlic and chillies in the diet, which will obviously increase sweat secretion.
- Avoid too much of caffeine and alcohol, which contribute heavily as stimulants of the sweat glands.
- Try to remain stress free; practice yoga and meditation as daily habits to keep your mind at a balance.
How do we recover from it?
The people, who generally do not have a healthy dietary or living habit, have to start living by the rules to get rid of this problem. Groom yourself:
- Start exercising to release your body from that extra load, remember to shower after exercising, as accumulation of sweat will again form an ally to the problem.
- Keep your underarms shaved. Although it is still not conventional for the men in the society to do so, it is very important, as there is more aggregation of bacteria around places where we have hair on the body. So shaving or trimming your armpit hair will definitely prove to be worthy.
- Maintain hygiene. Keep yourself clean and wear fresh clothes.
- Wear perforated fabrics that let your skin breathe, like silk and cotton.
If all the above mentioned steps have been followed, and the problem still persists, do not hesitate to see a doctor to strike a list of diseases off the list which also manifest in this problem, like hyperthyroidism, diabetes, Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), leukaemia, tuberculosis and others. Maintain a healthy environment around you, follow a few simple steps, and enjoy a happy living.
Dear sexologist. Mera 4th time sex hai. Vagina sucking ke time vagina ke andar kuch pani jaise nikalta. Tha Woh pani mouth ke andar chala gaya hai. Hum dono ko koi problems hoga gaya kya . Kindly batao please.
I am 55 and having high sugar especially in the morning (fasting) ranging from 110 to 140. I have been given Januvia medicine od for the last 7 days but sugar level has merely affected. During the day the sugar level is normal ie upto 140-145. Earlier I had taken Glyciphage tablet OD for a period of few months but sugar level remained more or less same. Pl. Advise.
I'm a 27 year male. I work in 24/7 shift and don't take food properly. Often I get sores on my tongue in a particular place. My inner mouth layer is damaged and I can't take hot foods now. Could this be a nerve damage?
I have a sensitive stomach. I had many of the treatments from experts. But I had no effect due to those treatments. My stomach have cramps whenever I eat chicken as well as boiled eggs or when I eat fast food. I want to get rid off it.
I am having High triglyceride (350) approx and severe digestion problem since last 10 months. I have started taking rusovas 20 after consulting a doctor and ayurvedic constipation tab. Please guide me if I should go through alternative treatment for my digestion problem and cholesterol as I am developing a white spot on my eyelid.
I am 24 year old male. Out of excitement I tried a small (very small) edible portion of cannabis for the first time. I felt weird after few hours. My heart raced and I got scared and approached a physician. He said it is ok and gave tablet for headache. I couldn't able to sleep well at that night. I felt like my heart is going to explode and woke up multiple time to urinate just to flush it out of my body. The effects of cannabis is gone, but the pounding heart persisted for a week and I couldn't able to sleep well. Over the week the pounding heart got normal during day, but back when I lie down. I consulted a psychiatrist, he prescribed agomelatine. Now pounding heart problem got controlled even when I lie down. But I couldn't able to sleep well. I woke up 2-4 times almost everyday. I also developed anxiety because of this. I got racing thoughts in my mind, mostly negative. I feel scared of almost everything. I feel so scared at dorm. So, I came back to my home where I feel somehow safe. I took a leave of absence from my university for few weeks. Sometimes I am even scared of whether I could get good sleep or not. I am so obsessed with it right now. Sometimes I sleep for like 5-6 hrs. Yet I feel sleepless. I can't able to concentrate on anything because of this and I feel like a different person. In an article, I found that some compounds in cannabis can trigger preexisting mental conditions like anxiety disorder. I had anxiety disorder like condition before for which I took some treatment and got cured. I have not felt this anxious before. I am scared whether I am loosing control etc. What can I do further to get myself back. I need to stop racing thoughts and worries. I also want to get my sleep back before it affects my studies. Anyone who have experience in such cases please help me.
My mother aged 74 years has been urinating in clothes. All reports like ultrasound, kft, urine reports are normal. Please suggest homeopathy medicine.
Since 3 years I am noticing change in my self . Memory lost dark circles , dull skin , laziness , erection problem , premature ejaculation etc . I am 33 years old fit and healthy . I smoke , drink occasionally . Married 1 son . I am worried about my self now . What is happening to me . I. M absolutely perfect . All clear inside out .
If I take a booster dose of hepatitis b vaccine then my already high anti hbs level (98.6mlu/ml) would become even greater. Will I still get infected if try to have a normal sexual life with my wife who is hepatitis b positive. Please answer. Thanks.
I have a fungal infection on my penis and also it smelling normal bed. Total fyngals are 10 to 15 and Fungal colour is normal white. So which medicine can I take?
From an early age we’re taught that alcohol is bad for us, but is that really true? Drinking yourself silly every night can have disastrous consequences, but having one drink a day is associated with a number of health benefits. The key here is moderation. Moderate drinking can be defined as one drink a day for women and two drinks a day for men. This is a daily quote system and not to be taken as an average over time.
Here are a few ways your body can benefit from the occasional drink:
- It boosts cardiovascular health: Many types of alcohol are rich in phenols. This helps fight stress, reduces the risk of hypertension and can protect the heart against a number of cardiovascular conditions. Moderate amounts of alcohol can also increase the amount of good cholesterol in the body and influence the clotting of blood. Higher levels of cholesterol help protect against heart diseases while by influencing the blood clotting process, alcohol can indirectly help prevent the formation of blood clots in the arteries.
- It slows aging: Some types of alcohol like wine are rich in antioxidants. This helps flush toxins out of the body and can slow down the aging process. An antioxidant called resveratrol that is found in red wine can even increase the lifespan of cells and activate enzymes that slow down the aging process. It is also said to increase DNA stability thus extending a person’s lifespan.
- It can help fight diseases: Alcohol is said to lower the risk of catching a cold. A warm drink like brandy can also be used to treat sore throats and a cough. Tonic water contains quinine that is anti inflammatory and has analgesic properties. Though medication for malaria is now easily available, tonic water can be used to treat the initial phase of the disease if proper medication is not available.
- It enhances your libido: Excessive drinking can lower your sex drive, but when consumed in moderation, alcohol can lower the risk of erectile dysfunction. Moderate amounts of alcohol also help lower inhibitions and thus encourage people to form sexual relationships.
- It improves cognitive ability: Almost all forms of alcohol contain ethanol that helps neurons resist wear and tear. This can lower a person’s risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia later in life. It can also enhance problem solving abilities and encourage creativity.
All of the above benefits are applicable only if alcohol is consumed in moderation. Thus do not use them to binge drink.