Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrakashYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I'm deepak 24 year old I need to testosterone replacement therapy there is so many symptoms looking inside me that make me scarce about testosterone level of my blood like weakness, small sperm count, lower bone density, lose of body hair, decrease energy, depression etc I need help about it thanks.
In some cases, psychological factors rather than physical incapability play a vital role in causing Erectile Dysfunction (ED). Child abuse or any instance of sexual trauma is considered one of the root causes of Erectile Dysfunction. Other than this, there are numerous factors like a person's emotional health and wellbeing can also be a direct reason behind Erectile Dysfunction.
The psychological causes of Erectile Dysfunction are:
- Pressure: Constant exposure to stress due to workload, difficulties in married life, parenting issues, financial issues can be a major reason behind Erectile dysfunction.
- Guilt: The pressure of satisfying a new sexual partner may become so overpowering that it may result in poor sexual performance. This may lay seeds of guilt in a person and hamper his emotional health.
- Anxiety: If a person Erectile droop at any instance, fear may creep in that it can occur again. This situation opens door for performance anxiety and may cause erectile dysfunction in the long run.
- State of Depression: Even a person who performs normally during sexual intercourse can suffer from Erectile dysfunction if he is in depression. Depression poorly hinders a person's emotional health and cause a series of psychological as well as physical problems. The drugs taken during depression may even facilitate Erectile dysfunction.
- Loss of interest in sex: Reasons behind this can be growing age, disputes with partner, any kind of stress or certain medications.
- Loss of self confidence: Failure in previous attempts for sexual intercourse, feeling of insufficiency in sex life may lead to loss of self confidence. This can be one of the deciding factors behind Erectile dysfunction.
Remedies: Occurrence of Erectile droop once or twice is quite common among men. There is nothing to be worried about. But if this problem persists, one shall consult a sexologist. Few tips to prevent and cure Erectile dysfunction are as follows:
- One needs to open up and discuss such issues with his partner as well as his physician. If the cause of Erectile dysfunction is poor emotional health, then he can undergo some therapy. Some stress relieving exercises or meditation can help you gain control over your mind.
- One can take some pills like Viagra and prevail over psychological impediments. It helps to boost up one's confidence while performing any sexual act.
- Try to remain fit and fine. Exercise daily to shed any extra weight. Avoid drinking and smoking and take a healthy diet. Take adequate sleep (about 7 hours in night) and get your blood pressure and cholesterol levels checked regularly.
All the above tips help in maintaining your physical as well as psychological health. Follow them and get cured of Erectile dysfunction.