Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrakashYour feedback matters!
Iwas taking glycomet gp2 forte 2 tabs and one galvus 50/500 and my sugar was controlled fasting under 100 then my doctor switched to trivolib 2 instead of glycomet gp2 forte, and Zetin m instead of galvus 50/500 then my sugar levels shot to 200. Now the doctor has switched back to the old but still taking time. I am 60 years male Suggest.
I am having diabetes for past 10 years. Fasting sugar is between 95-105. Post lunch is 140-160. Recently I checked Hba1c -5.8! In the month of August it is 6.9. Serum creatinine is 1.2. In the month of August it is 0.9. Seems to be kidney damaging. How to prevent.
Hello doctor, my father had a paralytic attack (right hand, right leg and voice) due to high bp and sugar levels couple of months back. We are advised to take mixtard (30/70) insulin in the morning (20 units) and night (14 units) 30mins before food. The current levels are 151 mg before breakfast and 278 mg after 2 hours of the break fast. It seems to be not under control as we have started using the insulin from 4 days. Is it ok that sugar levels remain high and slowly might come down in some days or should we increase the dosage to 24 units in the morning and 16 units in the evening (suggested by the doctor in case sugar levels are not under control). Also please suggest some vegetarian foods for the patient as he has high bp, diabetes and blood clotting. Thanks for your kind help.
Diabetes is so common that it has become a part of our daily life. Almost every 7th person on this earth is affected with this dreaded disease. Therefore, it is not uncommon to find someone in our family affected with Diabetes. Let us see what can we do to keep our affected dear ones healthy, free from complications and lead a productive life, along with preventing others in the family from becoming Diabetic.
Changes Required in Family:
- Diet: Diabetes is basically a lifestyle disease. Changes in our daily routine can help to modify the disease. Remember the so called diabetic diet is not something very special but a very healthy combination of foods. If we incorporate such kind of diet in our daily routine we can always keep our dear ones healthy and can prevent ourselves from becoming diabetic. So ultimately it benefits both. Recent data shows that if one of the spouse is diabetic it increases chances of developing Diabetes in the other partner. This reflects on the bad lifestyle habit of the whole family.
- Diabetes and family Exercise: Second important aspect required is regular exercise and believe me it's just not possible for a common person to go for exercise with the rest of family sitting at home. It requires a combined effort and hence if one person is diabetic it is always good to change your family lifestyle and start exercising as a whole family.
- How to Prevent Diabetes in other Family Members: If one person in the family is diabetic there are always more chances of developing Diabetes in other members of the family. It involves preventing obesity by incorporating good dietary habits, regular exercising.
Anyone in family with a history of Diabetes should get there blood glucose checked yearly after the age of 40 and if one has a hectic lifestyle then they should opt for the tests after the age of 30. These involve testing your blood glucose fasting as well as postprandial and also getting your HbA1c checked. If you find any report abnormal, consult your Endocrinologist.
My tsh level is 8.86. And I am anxious to conceive, doctor suggested me to have eltroxin of 50 mcg a day. My doubt is will my tsh level go down quickly if I use 100 mcg a day? so that I can conceive faster? please suggest me.
Hi doctor . My mother aged 57 had last year blood transfusion of 2 unit after severe chest pain through out 1 week (though she use to had mild pain since years but never found any heart disease in tests ) when tested haemoglobin at approx 7 . All ecg n other heart test was normal. She is patient of chronic lever disease , diabetic also. Now she again started feeling severe chest pain once or twice a day or night since last 1 week.Heamoglobin test shows is at 8.8 which is same since last 2 month. Please suggest as she has become week as since long she dont feel eating n eat very less though we try to giv her juices and other vit b12 iron rich fruit , food etc but she dont feel eating most of time. Kindly suggest best cure or if blood tranfusion requires at this level as last night she had severe chest pain twice for half an hour and use to get mild pain frequently 3 to 4 times a day.
Chronic patient of diabetic, blood pressure, Left leg is swelling and bacons fatty figure Kindly advice.
Month of Ramzan starting today and every muslims will be in fasting for 14 hours a day. What type of foods should be consumed at the breaking of fasting and what items should be also selected for drinking. What diet should I follow for these 30 days for good health and as we know fasting is even good for health.
My mom has been suffering from diabetes for the past 5 years and before 2 years she has been facing thyroid problem when she got it the range was 9.59 from the range of 0.30 to 5.5 then the range was in total control 0.23, the thyroid was in control but the moment she left having medicines of thyroid now the range is 15.2 I wanna know is there a way to get total cure from thyroid because she fed up of having tablets yes she takes diabetes pills regularly but suggest some way to get cured from thyroid thank you.
A healthy diabetic diet can incorporate any sustenance with some restraint, the length of it permits you to keep your blood sugar levels inside target. Notwithstanding, 'control'might be hard to apply to a few foods in light of their high starch content. A few foods likewise appear to trigger longings or advance indulging. In the event that you have diabetes, it might be best to abstain from eating these foods, to avert issues with your blood sugar that could bargain your health.
- Candy: One needs to avoid a number of confectionary items as they are high in sugar content, such as candy, cookies and syrups etc. Yet these below quality starches likewise cause an emotional spike up in the blood sugar levels and can add to weight increase, both of which can exacerbate diabetes confusions. Figure out how to fulfill your sweet tooth by nibbling on top notch starches, for example, crisp organic product.
- Pretzels: Pretzels have a healthy picture, yet a look at the fixings list uncovers that their wholesome notoriety is horribly undeserved. Almost every brand is produced using the same fundamental fixings: White flour (wheat flour that has been stripped of its supplements and fiber), yeast, salt, vegetable oil, corn syrup. It's conspicuous from its not very impressive fixing list that this prevalent nibble is basically without sustenance.
- Nibble pastries and cakes: It's regular learning that snacks that are packaged and heated products are stacked with sodium, sugar, white flour as well as additives. Their perilous combo of refined flour and sugar spikes blood sugar as well as advances irritation, which meddles with insulin's capacity to work legitimately.
- Bacon: Notwithstanding entire fat dairy foods, greasy or marbled cuts of meat additionally convey a powerful measure of soaked fat, which starts aggravation in the body and prompts different symptoms.
- Milk: For those with diabetes, a diet high in immersed fat can decline insulin resistance. Keep entire milk out of the ice chest and get 1% (low-fat) or skim (nonfat) milk. Additionally, attempt your best to maintain a strategic distance from other entire milk dairy items like cream, full-fat yogurt, normal cheddar and cream cheddar; rather, pick their decreased fat partners at whatever point conceivable.
- White Bread: Refined starches in white rice, white bread, and any structured with white flour and white pasta, act a great deal like sugar one time in the human body begins to process them. Thusly, much the same as sugar, refined starches meddle with glucose control and ought to be stayed away from by those with diabetes.
- French Fries: Trying too hard on oily, signed foods can prompt weight pick up and wreak devastation on the blood sugar you have. Potato chips, French fries, and doughnuts happen to be especially terrible decisions for diabetics since they're made with carb-substantial, dull fixings, which can bring about levels of blood glucose level for shooting up.
- Natural product juice: While entire fruits are a healthy, fiber-rich starch choice for diabetics, the same can't be said for organic product juice.