Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash B.v
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash B.vYour feedback matters!
Ayurveda is an ancient system of Indian medicine wherein it is believed that when there is an imbalance in one of the three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha), diseases start to occur. The three doshas represent three physiological states of human beings. Here are some well-known Ayurvedic herbs which are known to cure various cancers such as colon cancer and other cancers of the digestive system:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an adaptogen (a natural stress reliever), the reason why it is used to treat many diseases. Ashwagandha is able to inhibit the growth of tumorous cells and even slows down the growth of cancerous cells.
- Garlic: Garlic is a very powerful herb in treating cancer and it has been in use since ages now. Raw garlic, garlic juice and even soups made of garlic have all been used to treat cancer in people of all ages. In addition to colon cancer and other cancers of the digestive system, garlic can even cure brain cancer without harming the brain's good cells. This is also another medication which can be used with a large variety of illnesses.
- Celandine: Celandine is a type of a poppy seed. It is known to treat colon cancer well as well as many other diseases due to the fact that it boosts the immune system. Asthma and atherosclerosis are some of the other diseases treated by this herb.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is one of the best herbs in the world when it comes to treating various cancers. The circumins present in turmeric make the cancer cells destroy themselves.
- Green tea: Green tea is yet another healing remedy for various diseases. It has been said that green tea does not only have the ability to stop cancerous cells from growing, but it can also kill the cancerous cells without harming your body greatly. Green tea also helps in curing brain tumors completely.
The lower part of the digestive system is known as the large intestine (colon), and colon cancer is the name given to the type of cancer that affects it. The rectal cancer is the cancer that affects the last few inches of the colon. Collectively they are known as colorectal cancers. In most of the cases, small, noncancerous (benign) clumps of cells called adenomatous polyps are formed in the intestine. They are not harmful on their own, but over a period, they enlarge to become colon cancers. Let us have a look at the early symptoms.
Polyps and the symptoms
Polyps are very small and do not display symptoms on their own. Doctors advise regular screening test to find polyps and destroy them before they can aggravate to colon cancer. In most of the cases, the symptoms start to appear only in the advanced levels. These include:
- Changes in the bowel movement: There can be severe diarrhea or constipation. There can also be changes in the consistency of the stool.
- Blood clots in the stool: There can be a persistent bleeding when passing out the stools. In some cases, there can be a general discomfort and pain while passing the stool.
- Severe abdominal discomforts: Abdominal cramps and gas can be a regular occurrence. They would not respond to any digestive medications.
- Weakness or fatigue: The body tends to get weak and fatigued easily. Even performing essential activities can be a daunting task.
- Unexplained weight loss: Even after a proper diet, the body tends to lose weight. Weight loss can be categorized as one of the advanced stages of the disease.
The symptoms vary drastically depending on the size of cancer and the location in the large intestine. It is advisable to consult an oncologist if the symptoms mentioned above persist and it is also mandatory to have regularized screening after the age of 50.
There are also certain important factors that have to be looked that may increase the risk of colon cancer. These include:
- Old age: It usually affects people more than the age of 50. Chances of it occurring in young people are very minimal.
- Inflammation of the intestine: Chronic inflammatory diseases of the intestine such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease can increase the risk of colon cancer.
- Genetics: Chances are that the genes could be passed on through the generation and family; thereby enhancing the likelihood of colorectal cancer.
- Diet: Fatty foods and foods that are low in fiber content can be one of the causes of colon cancer. People who are overweight and obese also increase their risk drastically.
- Smoking and alcohol: Smoking and drinking in excess levels increase the chances of getting colon cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.
1. CARROT - beta carotene found in carrots are known to lower risk of breast cancer.
2. BROCCOLI - broccoli is great because of its sulforaphane content, this is a compound that fights off breast cancer cells.
3. CABBAGE - cabbage contains myrosinase enzymes and glucosinolates. This is a compound that fights off breast cancer cells.
4. TOMATO - The best antioxidants in tomatoes are lycopene. This will helps in preventing cancer.
5. GARLIC - garlic contains ajoene that is known to fight off breast cancer cells.
6. WALNUT - walnuts contains omega 3 fatty acids and can slow down or stop the growth of breast cancer cells and tumors.
7. PEACH - Antioxidants found in peach can destroy breast cancer cells.
I have pain in my left breast but not always when I push it I feel pain I leave breast feeding from one year. Tell me is this symptom of breast cancer please tell me what am I do.
Ovarian cancer is referred to as the cancer of the ovaries. The ovaries are a component of the female reproductive system. There are two ovaries located on either side of the uterus in a woman's body. Ovaries which are the organs responsible for producing egg cells also produce the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer which often goes undetected until it has spread all the way to the pelvis and the abdomen. However, it is also very difficult to treat the condition in its later stages which is why diagnosing ovarian cancer quickly is quintessential. Here is everything you need to know about ovarian cancer;
- No symptoms at first: Usually, in its early stages ovarian cancer does not cause any symptoms.
- Abnormal bloating: Bloating is when your abdomen swells due to excess fluid or gas inside. Abnormal bloating is more frequently associated with irritable bowel syndrome or even constipation is a common symptom of ovarian cancer.
- Feeling full quickly: This is also an associated symptom which has often been mistaken for constipation or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Weight loss: This is one of the more common signs of ovarian cancer.
- Discomfort in the pelvis area: This symptom occurs towards the later stages of ovarian cancer after it has already spread.
- Constipation: Constipation is a symptom of ovarian cancer as well.
- Frequent urination: This is yet another symptom which is a sign of ovarian cancer.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are often mistaken with that of irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
Causes: As with other forms of cancer, it is still very unclear what exactly causes ovarian cancer.
- Surgery: Surgery most commonly involves removing large parts of the female reproductive system which includes the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the uterus as well as the lymph nodes. The surgeon will also try and remove as many cancer cells as possible from the abdomen and pelvic areas.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is usually done after surgery. It is usually performed so that the rest of the cancer cells are killed off. Chemotherapy drugs can be injected directly into the vein, abdominal cavity or sometimes even both.