Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash B.vYour feedback matters!
Respected Sir this is to inform you that I am having benign fibroadenoma sice 2 years and on may 2016 I again did thoroughly check up and I did biopsy too. Result came negative like before. And size is 2 cm. Since two years the tumor is not growing. No discomfort is there but if pressed pain in there. No family history of fibroadenoma. Actually I was having irregular periods and I took medicine for 5 years primolut tablet, now it's been a year I have stopped medicine. Fibroadenoma will increase the chances of breast cancer. If I will not remove the tumor in lifetime what will happen. If surgery has to be done at what age I have to do ? Right now I am 24 and I am married. What will be the best option sir?
My mother has multiple diseases like diabetes with insulin, alser, thyroid, blood pressure and also having breast cancer in past but it has been operated and radiotherapy & chemotherapy has also done. In november 2014 pacemaker has also linked up with her heart.in june 20 2016 she has two heart attacks on same day. There are 8 blockages in her heart and all 3 arteries has also blocked. So Dr. has done angiography and gave a stunt to her heart. Som please tell is there is any way to open heart blockage without by-pass surgery. Angioplasty is not possible.
I had taken mammography of both breasts because of pain this is the impression of report I got (Complex cysts are noted in both the breasts, benign calcification in right breast, Birads-2)
Doctors pls take it serious. My 1 testicle is larger than the other one is it normal .how can I check it's a cancer or not.
I am 28 years old women. Before 4 years I took a surgery for lump on my right breast. At the same time a tiny lumps on my left breast too. I took needle biopsy to the both breast at that time. The result is normal. The biopsy result of right breast is also normal. After 6 months of surgery I got married and delivers a child before our first anniversary. My left breast lump is become larger during this period. Am i suspect the left breast lump cancer. I am afraid to a medical examine. Please give me a clarification.
Hello Doctor I had unprotected sex with my partner on 25th jan and she had ipill on the same day. After that she got her periods from 11th to 16th feb. And now she is getting some secretions from her breasts which is white in colour n sometimes waterish. She is having pain in her breasts. She got her urine pregnancy test which are negative. I want to know if she is pregnant and is that milk?
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.
My dad is taking prescription for prostate and one medicine called Urivoid (Cipla) 25 mg is not available in the market, is there a substitute available for the same.
My father is suffering from skin cancer n he is in zero stage so can ayurvedic medicine cure dat disease?
I am a prostrate cancer patient since 2008. I have gone thru Radiation in the same year in TMH Mumbai and given inj Lupride 11.25 for 3 yrs. Later remained Under routine check up every 6 months. My PSA level remained well under control. However the level of PSA started increasing in2015. Urine flow slowed down as scanty amount, painful and frequency was high. I was given RAPILIF 8 mg which is continue till date. However both bone scanning and PSMA WAS done for the reason. Bone scanning was ok but PSMA showed slightly increased area. As a matter of treatment I was given high dose ELIGUARD 43.5 every 6 month from Jan 2015. PSA is well less than 01 after injection. Still I used to take RAPILIF 8 mg. Recently I developed a new problem of leakage of urine in night wetting my pants. For this gone thru Cystoscopy at TMH in Dec 22 2016 where normal report was obtained and no medicine was given except continuing with injection ELIGUARD 43.5 mg. I am to inform you that I also developed Skin cancer in 2014 fungoides mycosis and was given phototherapy PUVA for 1 year. Almost all white patches covered up tho I am in routine check up at TMH. In past 6 months my patches started appearing once again which was duly consulted at TMH. Advised to watch for next 6 months. My CONCERN IS URINE LEAKAGE DURING SLEEP. PLEASE GIVE YOUR VALUABLE ADVICE TO STOP THE PROBLEM.
For the lump in the breast is operation required? After mammogram also do we need to get operated and remove that lump? How much does it cost?
Question is for breast cancer stage 3 and grade 3 Why is cancer patient survival rate is measured in relative of 5 years. If the patient is diagnoses with cancer and he go for the treatment like chemotherapy surgery and radiation and he successfully cured the cancer then why he can not survive for 10 years, is it is because of sideeffect of medicines chemo surgery radiation etc.
My dad who's age 47 nw had stones in pancreas of 10mm later by ercp method they have removed the stones but my dad was having severe abdomen n back pains so contacting doctors found its pancreatic cancer n it was in 1st stage n during d surgery process cancer was in stage 2a. They removed bile duct, gallbladder, head of pancreas as far as I know, next which treatment should be given chemo or radiotherapy & I want to know how many days he will survive plss tell me with the experience of patients. I don't want to loose my dad so soon we need him pls!
It is necessary that if my Mom had Breast Cancer then at certain age I can also get diagnosed? Please advice me.
Walnuts Shields From Colon Cancer
Eating 28 grams of walnuts everyday may change gut bacteria in a way that suppresses colon cancer a new research has found by university of Connecticut Health centre in United States
Walnuts has the most poly unsaturated fatty acids of all the commonly eaten tree nuts as well as the highest ratio of Omega - 3 to Omega - 6 fatty acids and high levels of a form of Vitamin E with anti cancer properties
They found that walnut consumption tended to push the gut microbiome toward an ecology that was potentially protective against Cancer.