Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash AppaiahYour feedback matters!
I am loosing control of my brain sometimes. And my behaviour got childish. Sometimes I get so much anger and over thinking so much.
Hello doctor, I want to ask some time i get blanked, at that time I try to remember something but I can't at that time my ability of thing and memorizing get reduced I can't speak properly, I am facing this from 8 months i'm very much worried about this please help me out to get rid of this?
Myth: depression is not a real illness.
Fact: depression is a medical illness; a health problem related to the brain and is the major cause of disability. Research has shown the involvement of abnormal brain activities in patients with depression; hence, it should not be confused with ordinary sadness.
Depression is different for everyone, but just like any illness, it can get better with the right help and support. Your doctor is the most trusted ally for treating depression that can help you to lead a normal, healthy and active life.
I often get anxious and finally end up being depressed. I often find myself being moody and dull. Though I try different ways to cheer up myself but it does not lasts long. Kindly suggest me what to do so that I get lasting positive results and get over anxiety-depression issue. Thanks in advance.
I am a sugar patient. I don't have any bad habits, other than smoking! What will be my body condition, if I continue smoking.
One of my male friend is always interested to particular guy who is my other friend .whenever he is near he just rub thighs and do all kind of indirect physical sex activities like touching his body , rubbing thighs . One time he has given alchcol to that guy and he just enjoyed him for a night by rubbing that guy thighs and seeing his private parts. But he is not like that to other guys .he is very shy to ask so he told me to ask for it . His question is he a gay or bisexual. Is there is any problem to him in future. But both are the best friends.Please tell.
I want to know what is the way to to get rid of withdrawal syndrome after stopping colapam plus (escitalopam oxalate & clonazepam) ?
It is a common trend among youngsters to smoke weed as they tend to think it makes them look cool. It is a common misconception that smoking pot relieves various social and personal problems. It is used as a form of escape mechanism that allows them to avoid problems in life.
The usual reasons why people turn to smoking pot are:
- Peer pressure: You may have friends who smoke weed on a regular basis, so you may be tempted to join in.
- Boredom: It is a usual resort to escape from boredom or craving excitement. It is said that smoking weed helps in filling the internal void that results from lack of excitement.
- Rebellion: Weed has also been connected and continues to be a symbol of rebellion among today's teenagers and youngsters.
- Smoking weed has been shown to shrink the size of the orbitofrontal cortex, a region of the brain that is important in making decisions and processing emotions.
- It can alter your mood, hamper body movement and impairs your ability to concentrate and execute tasks.
- It increases your risk of getting affected by phlegm and cough.
- The long term effects of marijuana comprises of impaired learning and thinking skills.
- It also affects the process where new connections are formed in the brain.
- Regular weed smokers have also been shown to have lower IQ levels comparatively.
- Apart from the mental effects, it may also cause breathing discomforts as the smoke may irritate the lungs.
- It also increases the chances of heart attack in the elderly.
- Weed has also been reported to impact the fetus if a pregnant woman smokes it.
- It raises the risk of behavioral problems in children.
- The complications that a child may face are impaired problem solving skills, attention and memory related disorders.
Thus, it is important to stay away from smoking weed as it is addictive and increases your chances of getting affected by numerous health complications.