Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I am 21 years old. My parents and relatives r advice me to fix a goal and aim for that. I decided one and fixed and work for that. After few days my mind changed and I aimed for another. I can not able to fix my mind as constant. Why? I have any psychological problem? Please advice.
I have quit smoking since a week. I intend to quit forever. What could be the problems I may face since I have been smoking since 7 yrs.
Sometimes I feel restless not for smoking but for everything. I am experiencing a lot of mood fluctuations. Is it because I smoke and drink a lot? what can I do to avoid the craving for smoke?
Sir my son 27 year old he is B- tech in civil engineering. He worked as field Engineer at Bhutan oct 2012 to jan 2016. During the job he is victim of doubts. He manipulating unbelievable allegation on others and in support with false facts and remain alone. He is also remain patient of elypcy from 1998 to 2003 and take lot of medicine. Now he remain ideal from last one year and not listen any word. I feel that he is become the patient of unknown deceases when I asked him for medical checkup he refused gently and say you are patient take your own medically checkup please advise me.
I'm suffering from severe panic attacks from the past 11 years. I don't know how they developed. I tried many treatments but all went in vain. I'm thinking to consult a psychiatrist for this. Please advice me on this part.
I lose my concentration in studies and lose sleep and appetite also. I have severe headache and it cause difficulty. Why this happened? What should I do?
I recently had a breakup. Im really very depressed. And Ive started acting paranoid. Please tell me what should I do?
Hello sir, I am male 23 years old, I just shifted in mumbai with my family. From last 23 years I was living in delhi. Now I am feelings alone with my family my siblings everyone with me. Please give me some suggestions how can I managed with this problem. I am waiting.
I have lot of Determination Problem, I can't do anything neither study nor exercise how should I increase my determination?
I have problem of forgetting everything no matter how much I carefully observe or understand or see or else try to memorize I just forget them even I m unable to remember 1 day ago talks.
I am addicted addicted person, and alcoholic addicted person so I want to avoid this kind of things ples sugest me something.
Parental Depression is an aspect which affects the innocent child, right from the time it is in the mother's womb.
Maternal depression could be due to various reasons ranging from familial disharmony to poor health. Unfortunately, a depressed mother's pessimistic thoughts could pass on to the pure soul inside her. So the effect starts in utero. After birth, she may be careless and negligent towards a child whose most important requirement is love. And children of these mothers become victims of behavioral and cognitive problems and poor school performers. They may also acquire the illness of depression eventually.
A depressed father will display stress and agitation instead of engaging the young minds in interesting learning or other activities.
Hence, before stepping into parenthood, it's important to be mentally fit and not just physically healthy. Exercise and meditation is of great help and of course a happy home environment.
Supporting each other is the key to getting things on track again.
- Talk to your spouse: Chat with your spouse, showing affection, doing things with them and encouraging them to get out of the house are important.
- Appreciate her but respect your family: Help her see that the family needs her and appreciates that she is expecting. While doing the same ensure that you respect the feelings of your family members.
- Opt for specialist care: Offer to see a therapist and encourage her to take medications. Getting the help of an expert helps get guidance to handle difficult situations.
- Be emotionally present with her: Go with her to as many antenatal checkups as you can, and make sure you are there for the ultrasound scans. This encourages a woman and gives her the satisfaction that her partner is involved.
- Compliment her and pay attention to her: Many women find it difficult to cope with the changes in their body during pregnancy. She may be worried about stretch marks, concerned about weight gain or just be feeling not much like her old self. Make sure to compliment her and let her know how much you love her.
- Be a shoulder for her to cry on: Listen to all of her concerns, and offer her the reassurance and support she really needs.
- Be there to help: After the birth, your partner will need time to recover. She will be exhausted, sore and hormonal, and will be relying on you for support. Help with the baby, and do as much as you can.