Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash AppaiahYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old, I cannot smell since ten year and whole year my left nose stays blocked due to cough And I am loosing my memory and concentration Kindly help.
I am a b pharmacy student 20 years old how can I improve my memory and grasping power in my studies.
To ensure that expectation is realistic on the treatment of bipolar disorder, can you help with below queries: -Can Bipolar disorder be completely treated? -Any common mistakes to avoid in the treatment.
I am suffering from depression since last 4 yrs. I have not taken proper treatment yet .once I visited psychiatrist he gave me symbal 2.0.10 mg. I regularly taken that 10 days after then I stop n stop visiting doctor .i often get mood swings .i can not help it i'm dying day by day seriously. I started thinking negative day by day plzz help me to get better treatment. I do not only want to eat medicine .i want to talk to doctor but he directly gave me medicine without listening my problems. Please help me I can not focus on my work my family is depend on me. Im so tired I have forgot that i'm alive. Please I can not sleep at night my mind thinks 24 hours .when I wake up in morning my mind already starts thinking. Please I want to sleep i'm so tired of my life.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
An addiction is a dependence on a certain substance, activity, or behavior. There are many different types of addictions, including dependencies on over-the-counter (otc) and prescription medications, illegal drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products. Sex addiction is a psychological disorder that involves an unhealthy preoccupation with sexuality or an obsession with sexual activity and/or romantic love.
Sex addiction also is called
Compulsive sexual behavior
The term erotomania is used to describe a delusion (false belief or expectation) of being loved by a particular person.
Sexual addiction usually begins as normal, healthy sexuality; however, sex addicts experience chemical and physical (i. E, physiological) changes in the brain that result in an inability to control sexual urges and behavior. For people who are addicted to sex, sexual desire (arousal) and sexual pleasure often replace close, loving (i. E, intimate) relationships. In many cases, sex addicts use sexual behavior to avoid dealing with painful feelings, such as loneliness, low self-esteem, and fear of rejection.
Differences in the way human sexually is viewed in various cultures, societies, and religions throughout the world make it difficult to develop a universal definition of sex addiction. Therefore, overall incidence and prevalence of the condition is not easy to determine.
Sexual addiction occurs in both men and women. It is diagnosed more often in men, but this may be because women seek treatment for sex addiction less frequently. Sex addiction may be more common today than in the past. This may be related to the widespread availability of the internet, which provides easy access to pornography (i. E, pornographic websites) and opportunities for cybersex (i. E, virtual sexual relationships conducted through computers), and sexual images in the media (e. G, television, movies, music videos).
Sexual addiction can occur in people of any sexual orientation (also called sexual preference). People who have sexual relationships with members of the opposite gender (i. E, heterosexuals), people who have sexual relationships with members of the same gender (i. E, homosexuals), and people who have sex with members of both genders (i. E, bisexuals) may develop an addiction to sex.
Hello doctor, my cousin is suffering with schizophrenia. We visited so many hospitals. But the treatment is temporary. She was not recovered. Would like to speak with you before visiting you. Is this problem permanently cured? Please let me know.
My exams are coming. And i am mt able to study because of distraction of my mind. I always feel alone. Feel like there is no meaning of my life. I m tensed about that i didn't get fail in my 12th class. What should I do? Please help me.
I am not able to remember anything for long How can I developed my memory power What can I do to increase my mind power I am suffering from frustration I can't keep focus on my study.
I am 39 years old and has still not settled down in life. Tried many things and not successful. I feel very low and feel scared as to how would I feed my family.
My father is 53 years old. He is facing an issue of getting unconscious due to which he falls. He is on continuous medications from past 8-9 years. He has gone through so many tests but every report states the result as normal. We are not able to figure out an exact reason due to which he is facing this issue. I would like to have the guidance where to take him for a better treatment and what can be the possible reasons behind such sort of issues.
Hi i am unable to sleep properly even after working the entire day, i gave lost too much of weight(plz suggest some fast weight gaining tips), i feel tired, weak and headache most of the time but still i dont get sleep, as i had discussed earlier with you about the domestic and personal problems which makes me feel so stressed out that i am not able to concentrate on many important things, you had suggested me to talk to some one about the problems and pass out few problems to others who would take care in my place. But the problem is I am the only one responsible in my family and there is no one who could or can help me. And for me it is taking too much time. The stress does seem to end. How to get a peace mind.I dont want to be in depression any more.
Are you suffering from acute depression? Well, in this case nothing can be a better solution than taking anti-depressants. Anti-Depressants are nothing, but specialized medicines or drugs that can help in releasing the stress hormones and finally the depression is completely eliminated.
These medicines need to be taken only if the doctors have prescribed the same, otherwise you might face innumerable complications. Some people think that these drugs are equivalent to sleeping pills; in fact they are not.
What are the benefits of the ani-depressants?
- Provide Tranquillity: You can feel calm by taking the tranquilizers. However, in this case, you have to be very much aware of the perfect dosage as overdose can create innumerable troubles that cannot be easily rectified. In fact, these medicines can be treated as one of the major aspects of any psychological treatment. These drugs are the most powerful of all, and on the other hand, you can have greater effectiveness after consuming the same. If you are facing heath complications while taking these anti-depressants, then you have to immediately inform about the same to the doctor so that you can remain absolutely safe and protected.
- Increases Comfort: Your comfort level can be increased to a great extent. If you think that alcohol can provide you comfort, then you are wrong. Your health will get deteriorated a lot by having alcohol. But in this case, you will not face any health complications until and unless dosage is exceeded. All anti-depressants are not suitable for your health, and this is the reason you should listen to your doctor and then only consume the same. You should learn the safest usage of anti-depressants so that you can remain healthy and safe along with the elimination of stress and depression.
- Treating Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety is of the most critical types of mental disorders that cannot be easily treated, and this is the reason doctors often prescribe different kinds of anti-depressants so that anxiety can be controlled. In this case, Barbiturate deserves special mention and this drug is suitable for all. Nembutal and Phenobarbital are also very much beneficial in treating anxiety disorders. Acute stress and panic attacks can be resolved only by consuming Benzodiazepines. Brain activity can be reduced, and your nerves can get relaxed. This calming effect is really quite soothing in nature and can help you to stay away from all kinds of depression.