Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash A SYour feedback matters!
My mother is suffering from extreme joint pain on left knee. And swelling. She is 48 years old. Wat should we do? W.
Hi Pain in the back of my shoulder. Beside the shoulder bone on the left. Pressure kind of pain. Doesnt go away by exercise. What do I do?
I am having backpain. Its not getting cured. I tried many medicines. But its not getting cured. Help me please.
I have suffering some back bone problem since two months, feel something walking inside in my back area please tell me some solution?
I am feeling very depressed and I have back pain. I request you to provide some pills and please provide pills for my head pain it's paining a lot.
Hello Sir, I met with an accident 5-6 years back and from that time there is a pain in my right hand at wrist joint. I can not hold heavy weights during my exercise and can't do such exercise which gives pressure on my wrist like Push-ups, Pull-ups etc. Please suggest me what to do as I consulted lots of doctors but still pain exits .Thanks in advance.
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven’t got any relief. What should I do now?
I am suffering from tibia fracture surgery. 1st it was operated on 1st Jan 2016 but the plate was broken on the month of may 2016, so it was again operated on 26th may 2016. Till now I am not so well to move any where. When I will get cure ? What type of medicine should I take ?any exercise ?please give your suggestion.
In my (spinal cord) back pain before 8 years came and shown to doc and cured, But again same problem at same spot started from 4 days and to get up need support, tried move spray, nerubin injection twice, pain killer nicip, back support belt applied as doc said before 8 years But now didn't got relief, please help me doctors to cure.
My wife age 44 year she is feeling pain from thai to foot height is 5'2" and weight is 72 kg also having thyaride and servical Please suggest
Hi, My mother has been feeling pain in her right hand while. The pain increases when she tries to lift herself up from the bed in morning. The pain is connected to shoulder and neck. We visited a doctor, he said she needs physiotherapy massage. She has been going through recommended massage and heating procedure since last 1 month, but there is no improvement in her pain. It's still the same. We also visited an orthopaedic, who prescribed few pain killers, but still no improvement so far. My mother is really stressful out of that pain. What needs to be done and which specialist we need to see, please recommend something helpful. Thanks!
Hello, I'm 45 year old I have a knee pains from over 3 years so please give me some suggestions to cure the pains thank you.
For a disease that affects almost eighty percent of people over 50 years of age, not much is known about curing joint pains. Allopathic medicine remains almost clueless about a complete cure for joint pains which occur due to various reasons like heredity and lifestyle. It treats the pain with pain killers, inflammation reducers and other such drugs which do not heal the joint completely and lead to other problems too.
Ayurveda and Joint Pain
Ayurveda has its own unique perspective on joint problems. According to it, these occur due to:
- Poorly-nourished joints
- Low bone density and overall weakness in joints
The main symptom of poorly nourished joints is discomfort followed by a crackling sound. In this, the bone making up the joint can degenerate due to lack of proper nutrition. Low bone density joints usually occur due to a toxic overload in the joints called ‘ama’ in Ayurveda. Ama is the sticky, toxic waste product of incomplete digestion and this accumulates in joints making them stiff and heavy. Ama accumulation for long can make a joint swollen and painful. Damp, cold weather can aggravate this type of joint problem. If ‘vata’ the Ayurvedic dosha associated with movements and proper functioning of metabolism and assimilation is aggravated, it can cause joint pain too.
The imbalance in Vyana Vata, a special form of vata associated with bone damage along with weakened circulation, metabolism and absorption creates an imbalance in ‘kapha’ the other major dosha in the body, according to Ayurveda. ‘Shleshaka’ Kapha, the sub-dosha of Kapha that controls lubrication of joints dries up. This makes the un-lubricated joints very vulnerable and one starts getting pain.
The first line of treatment for joint pains is pacifying the Vata dosha through food and lifestyle modifications like:
- Include all six tastes -sweet, sour, salty, bitter, astringent, and pungent- in the diet. However, sweet, sour and salty tastes are very good to pacify Vata dosha.
- Eat less of bitter, astringent and pungent foods.
- Eat more grains like quinoa, rye and amaranth, cooked in ghee.
- Freshly-cooked organic vegetables and warm liquid soups are best.
- Eat a diet rich in calcium- milk, spinach, kale, asparagus, and root vegetables.
- A Vata pacifying daily routine like eating before 8 pm in the night and keeping dinner light and sleeping early are also advised.
If possible get a daily Ayurvedic oil massage ‘abhyanga’ with special medicated oils to prevent joint problems. Regular habits help settle Vata. So, it’s suggested that one goes to bed at the same time each day, gets up at the same time and follows a regular routine for pacifying Vata. Getting stress under control though meditation and pranayama also does wonders.
My 67 year old mother is a chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis and High Blood Pressure patient for over 2 decades now. Due to very little mobility her ankles are mostly swollen and her feet are very very dark brown in colour. Doctors say it is due to poor circulation and she needs to walk around to improve t. Her knees are terribly painful so she can hardly walk.
I am suffering from backbone pain since last week. It is just above the middle of backbone, on left side. Please give me suggestions and instructions of taking homeopathy medicine. Thank you.
I am 21 year old I have back pain I have this back pain 3years start till know not gone please saujest me to answer to back back and head yek also.
I am 33 yrs old male and I am having back ache and tail bone ache from past 3 months. Please help and suggest.
Got a stiff neck and also there is pain and the pain is going down to the left thigh. Have done a lot of physiotherapy but to no avail. If possible to help do it. I do not want any operation at all. Thanks.
Neck pain is a common medical condition, which can be easily treated if proper care and medications are taken. It usually occurs due to strained neck muscles, often caused bad posture, though there might be other causes as well. Rarely, neck pain can be a symptom of a more serious problem as the condition is relatively mild in nature. The symptoms of a neck pain are very obvious which refers to any kind of discomfort in moving your neck on a daily basis. Along with this you might also have headache, stiffness of the head and muscle tightness.
Some of the most common causative factors of neck pain are listed below:
- Muscle strains: A muscle strain generally happens when you exert too much pressure on your neck continuously for long periods. It also happens when you have your neck fixed in the same position for long hours of the day. Muscle strains in the neck may occur when you keep your neck bent in the wrong way while doing activities like reading a book, looking at your mobile phone or working over your laptop for extended hours.
- Worn joints: Just like all the other bodily joints, the neck joint also tends to wither and degrade with age. This phenomena is known as the wear and tear of the joints. The bones of the neck joint tend to wither with time, thereby making your joint frail and exposing it to various pains and medical conditions.
- Nerve compression: Nerve compression is a medical symptom whereby, there is excessive pressure put on one particular nerve in the body. Herniated discs or bone spurs in the vertebrae of your neck can press on the nerves branching out from the spinal cord, hence causing a long lasting neck pain. Damage caused from a nerve compression may be minor or severe depending on the pressure applied. It may cause temporary or long lasting problems depending on the degree of damage caused. The earlier you get a diagnosis and treatment for nerve compression, more quickly you will find relief.
- Whiplash: Neck related injuries are common phases of pain and discomfort caused due to an external damage to the neck as a result of a tragic sports related or vehicular accident. A neck injury is also known as a whiplash and it refers to an injury due to forceful, rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck, like the cracking of a whip. Whiplash mostly occurs during accidents, physical abuse or other trauma.