Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prajwala G RajYour feedback matters!
My periods were supposed to be on 10th nov nd still not occurred. I had sex on 24rth of the last month in which my partner withdrew before ejaculating. Now I have done hcg test twice. One yesterday and the other 4 days ago. It tested negative. Can you tell me what may be the cause. Why is so happening why is so delayed?
Am getting married soon. Actually my skin colour is brown. Can you suggest the best night & creams for glowing skin. Please can you suggest the best.
I have pain in my back since 5 days! its difficult for me stand straight without support. So please help me out to over come this pain.
I an a 20 years old girl, after started studying in bangalore from last 3 years my hair fall has increased a lot more recently, I am following GM diet, the hair fall has become very scary, like 200-250 strands a day. Please suggest me something. I might go bald like this in very shot time.
Acne is a condition that affects many people including teenagers and adults. It is characterised by blackheads/ whiteheads, pus filled eruptions, red eruptions that are usually filled with oil, secreted by overactive oil glands in the hair follicles. So what else should you know about acne? Here are six things you probably did not know about this condition:
- Clogged pores: Acne signifies clogged or blocked pores that are filled with oil and dead skin cells that have not been cleaned out completely. This mixture of oil and dead skin cells blocks the pores and ends up creating an eruption of red sores called acne and pimples. There is a chance that bacteria may have joined these two substances as well.
- Over treating the skin: The worst thing that you can do is to touch, pick or even apply too many harsh chemicals to your skin during an acne breakout. These things can actually make the problem worse, and create marks and scars in the long run! The constant use of cleansers and moisturisers can also have a harsh effect on the skin, due to the perfume and chemicals present in such products.
- Exfoliation: Using a salicylic acid wash or cleanser first thing in the morning will help in exfoliation, which is a good way to clear those dead skin cells from your skin. This will speed up the process of acne treatment as well, by clearing the pores. Also at night, the use of a medicated cream that helps in killing the bacteria, or reducing formation of blackheads and whiteheads or reducing the size of pimples as advised by dermatologist will help.
- Three weeks rule: Trying new products to treat acne is a great idea. But give every new product at least two - three weeks before you write it off. Usually, any good product will take at least that much time to affect the acne, and clear the pores in an effective way. So before you start switching cleansers and creams every other day, remember to use the three-week thumb rule.
- Menstrual cycle: Acne, more often than not, rears its head with an eruption or two about five days before and a few days after, the monthly menstrual cycle. So watch out for hormonal imbalances, which can cause acne and pimples. Avoid stress around this time too.
- Diet : some foods can increase acne, viz. Chocolates, oily food and in some people.... even dairy products. Try and reduce their intake. Load up on fruits and vegetables. Dont forget to have 1 - 2 litres of water everyday.
Visit a dermatologist if regular cleaning and over the counter creams are not working.
Persistent acne may turn into an infection. Remember to ask a dermatologist for an oil reducing formula too.
Acne is a skin problem that should be treated the right way.