Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrajnaYour feedback matters!
My mensuration cycle is not fixed in every month and my weight is increasing. How to decrease please suggest me?
I am 24 year female. Meri shadi ke 4 year ho gya hai mere sare test normal hai but conceive me problem ho rhi hai. Last time mera period 2 month se aaya. Aaj mera 5th Day hai ovulation time konsa hoga. Or muje kiya krna chaye please btaye.
Dear Doctor, I had taken a pill to abort pregnancy. I started having my periods on 8 July which continue for at least a week and stopped. But I observe that there is bleeding every now and then lasting for half day or so. Is it normal to bleed or is it a cause of concern. Please kindly guide me on this as I can not see a doctor for personal reasons.
Hi, I am 27 years old. Unmarried. I have itching problem in vagina from six month. I took so much medicine but no relief. Everyday so much itching. After took medicine green color dirt discharging from vagina, please advise what should I do?
I had aborted on 27 May 16 but till date mensuration period has not come. What will be reason and please suggest me what to do. Also there is white discharge from vagina . What may be the reason.
Festive season is a time of fun, beauty and indulgence. There is always an excitement when Diwali is around the corner. It is all about fun, mingling with your family and friends, and eating sweets and snacks. But during this mood of elation and celebration, one forgets that what goes inside also shows up externally. There are the endless parties for which you would dress up and style. So there will be the blow drying, ironing, styling, make-up, late nights, and to top it all, the alcohol and cigarettes. This, coupled with the excess smoke and pollution affects the skin and hair to a large extent.
Here are few tips on how can you keep your skin glowing and hair healthy during the festive season. To start with, let me explain what damages your skin and hair and how.
- Sugar – Sugar suppresses the activity of our white blood cells and thus makes us more susceptible to infections. It also worsens allergies and causes damage because of the breaking down of good proteins, leading to the formation of Advanced Glycation End-products (AGE). AGE makes the proteins in the collagen and hair stiff and hard; thus speeding up the process of skin ageing and making the hair brittle. One of the main reasons for wrinkles, deep lines, and sagging skin is AGE. So gorging high sugar foods during festivals can lead to fine lines and excessive dryness. So please be mindful of what you are eating during this time.
- Smoke – Smoke and pollution damage hair and skin. It makes the skin dry and scalp irritated or even itchy. Too much exposure can lead to boils/ folliculitis, skin rash, and acne exacerbation. To prevent this, you should wash your hair and body thoroughly the day after the festival to counteract the damage caused by smoke and ash.
- Excessive make-up and styling – You need to dress up and look pretty on festival days. This means excessive make-up and hair styling products, blow drying, and ironing. Not all this is harmful, but what worsens the situation is when you ignore or forget to remove them all off after the party is over. Always remember to follow your night-time skincare regime and cleanse your hair of all the styling products.
- Alcohol and cigarettes – These worsen the condition of your hair and skin. Alcohol makes the skin flushed and dehydrated with broken capillaries. And cigarettes compromise the blood supply to your skin. So cut down on cigarettes and alcohol as much as possible.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Be on a healthy diet always, especially a month before the festivals start.
- Avoid too many sweets.
- Drink plenty of fluids like water, coconut water, and buttermilk.
- Try to cut down on your alcohol intake and cigarettes.
- Apply an anti-oxidant cream which contains vitamin A, C, E or Q10 during the day, underneath your sunscreen.
- Remove every trace of make-up and apply a good nourishing night cream.
- Start oiling your hair with light oils like the ones which are coconut-based.
- Do not use mousse on hair. If you do, then wash it off at night or the next morning.
- Blow drying with low heat is better than ironing. Ironing can lead to hair breakage.
- Avoid harsh surface chemical treatments during the Diwali month – be it for skin or hair.
- Include some cardio exercises in your daily routine.
So, follow these simple steps to look gorgeous and feel gorgeous during this festive season!
I was having regular periods but from last two years I am suffering from irregularity in periods as my periods occurs late or have large gap.
My periods are not on regular basis or in monthly periods. It takes more than 1 month. What should I do?
My wife had her mensuration cycle completed on wednesday. On thursday afternoon we had sex n I accidentally inserted my sperms into her, she went n peed right away n told that very little blood came out. Late that night we again had sex n again I accidentally inserted my sperms into her. She again went n peed right away telling that the sperms were out. Early morning on sunday she took unwanted 72 empty stomach, (from the 65th hour of FIRST sex ). Its been monday today, So Is there any possibility of her getting pregnant.
I am 23 years old and I am suffering from severe itching and burning inside whole vagina. I have discharge as well and my vaginal walls have sticked to each other and itching is not satiated by scratching and I feel like heat generated inside vagina please suggest some tubes to apply for at least calm it little becoz of this I am also not able to sleep at night. I also have engagement next week.
I am 27 years old and I got married since 3 years nd me and my husband are cousins. Nd our blood group is same. So it is possible for me to conceive. because we are trying for past 1 year .nd my uterus is also slight retroved.
I am about 2 months pregnant can we do sex. Nd how many time we can do sex. Nd we have to sex with or without condom.
I am 26 year female. My last period date was oct 7 2016. That month I have sex with only one day the date was 29 oct 2016. Can I get pregnant or not?
I am 30 years old. Married 6 years before. I have no children. My problem is entrometris cysts. Two month before I have ivf (icsi). But its fail. Please tell solve my problem.
Tomatoes, like so many other vegetables, are low in calories and carbohydrated, but are still good at filling you up and providing essential nutrients, such as vitamin c and vitamin a. This is a particularly good vegetable for people suffering from diabetes, as it will not impact your overall blood sugar levels, but can help lower oxidative stress in the body, which can contribute to chronic diseases like diabetes. There is some sugar in tomatoes, so they should be consumed in moderation, particularly tomato juice, which often contains added sugar.