Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PrajnaYour feedback matters!
Thirty is more or less the age by which you can consider yourself a woman of the world. You have toiled hard to get into a comfortable space at work and are into a stable relationship as well. An important aspect to not ignore is your sexual life. Be equipped with the right ideas and ways to enjoy that aspect of your life.
Some facts and tips for the women of today.
1. Safety is foremost: meaningless hookups or otherwise - you cannot be careless; safety must be your priority.
2. Express yourself: men are bad at guessing. They will not be able to guess what you like and how you like it. Tell the man exactly what you expect.
3. Live in the moment: a quickie is never a bad idea. Having frequent sex has its perks for your mood as well as overall health. An impromptu quickie will only put a spring to your steps.
4. Watch each other pleasuring self: it is not just for visual appeal, it is in fact educative - you get to study exactly what type of touch, speed, grip, etc gives him the most pleasure. He gets to know the same about you.
5. Take the initiative: most men like being shown that they are desired too. Why should he always initiate sex. Take the lead.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
Hi Doctor if any thing I feel like pain or swelling or anything with my breasts then which test I should do first for the right confirmation and for future treatment? The cheapest way of confirmation please tell me.
Dissociation identity disorder (did), previously known as multiple personality disorder (mpd) is a mental disorder characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states that alternately show in a person's behavior, accompanied by memory impairment for important information not explained by ordinary forgetfulness.
Let me explain this in a simple way.
Example 1- lets say there is Mr. X and Mr. Y. Mr. X is very impressed by the personality of Mr. Y. So he starts liking him. He also tries to sepnd more time with him. He may with time start copying him or seek his help. This problem become so severe that after some time, in a flash Mr. X wakes up and become a copy of Mr. Y. However Mr. X cannot forget that he is actually Mr. X and not Mr. Y. Thus, Mr. X has developed a split personality where he and Mr. Y co exist. This may with time lead to further mental health deterioration such as depression, loss of memory, personality changes, mania, psychosis, antisocial behavior and above all a loss of control and insight in ones life.
Example 2- Mr. X may not be impressed with Mr. Y. But here it's the reverse. Mr. Y is impressed by Mr. X and wants to be a part of Mr. X s personality. He forces himself on Mr. X until he becomes a part of Mr. X. Therefore Mr. Y has been successful in forcing himself on Mr. X although Mr. X wanted to distance himself form Mr. Y but could not due to various reasons.
Example 3- this problem does not need to be confined to just 2 people. Any number of people can force themselves on Mr. X depending on his plotters and schemers. Therefore Mr. X loses his mental health and his personality becomes broken into several pieces which have been thrust on him.
Some people tend to do this voluntarily because of the fact that they like Mr. Y possessions but in most cases people are victimized into this as they are struggling to make ends meet in their lives. The result is agony, despair, loss of self control. An annihilating world and an end full of shame and contempt because of loss of control depending on how erroneous Mr. Y and his associated are.
Many marriages have been broken because of their spouses developing mpd. Spouses who were happy with each other, suddenly turn hostile and throw them out of their lives because they are now possessed with Mr. Y s who are interested in other spouses than their own. Many children also loose their parents love and care because their parents are no longer interested in them and they desert them or send them to boarding schools.
This disease is a social evil and a menace to a justful society. But the stress on taking precaution lies with us.
People diagnosed with did often report that they have experienced severe physical and sexual abuse, especially during early to mid-childhood, and others report an early loss, serious medical illness or other traumatic event. They also report more historical psychological trauma than those diagnosed with any other mental illness. Severe sexual, physical, or psychological trauma in childhood has been proposed as an explanation for its development; awareness, memories and emotions of harmful actions or events caused by the trauma are removed from consciousness, and alternate personalities or sub-personalities form with differing memories, emotions and behavior.
As of 2011, approximately 250 cases of did in children have been identified,
Problems with diagnosis
People with did are diagnosed with five to seven comorbid disorders on average much higher than other mental illnesses. Due to overlapping symptoms, differential diagnosis includes schizophrenia, normal and rapid-cycling bipolar disorder, epilepsy, borderline personality disorder, and asperger syndrome. Delusions or auditory hallucinations can be mistaken for speech by other personalities. Persistence and consistency of identities and behavior, amnesia, measures of dissociation or hypnotizability and reports from family members or other associates indicating a history of such changes can help distinguish did from other conditions. A diagnosis of did takes precedence over any other dissociation disorders.
Common treatment methods include an eclectic mix of psychotherapy techniques, including cognitive behavioral therapy hypnotherapy and medications can be used for comorbid disorders and/or targeted symptom relief. Some behavior therapists initially use behavioral treatments such as only responding to a single identity, and then use more traditional therapy once a consistent response is established. Brief treatment due to managed care may be difficult, as individuals diagnosed with did may have unusual difficulties in trusting a therapist and take a prolonged period to form a comfortable therapeutic alliance. Regular contact (weekly or biweekly) is more common, and treatment generally lasts years not weeks or months. Sleep hygiene has been suggested as a treatment option,
Individuals diagnosed with did may accuse others of abuse but lack objective evidence and base their accusations solely on regular or recovered memories. There are questions regarding the civil and political rights of alters, particularly which alter can legally represent the person, sign a contract or vote. Finally, individuals diagnosed with did who are accused of crimes may deny culpability due to the crime being committed by a different identity state.
Meri friend ke vagina se pani aata aur uska sex karne ke jayada man karta hai use kya medicine use karni chayiye.
Hello Dr. Am 23 year female worried about pregnancy my period are regular and all types of reports blood, thyroid, scanning, tests are normal and husband also a healthy person married occur about one year not getting pregnancy, and today egg white like discharge occur why this is happening ans me.
I want to ask that my monthly menses ends only in 2-3 days maximum and I am only 23 right now and unmarried so is it normal or will become any issue in future.
My wife ultra sound report said Opinion rt sided mixed adenenexal mass? Twisted ovarian cyst. Please tell me what should we do?
I am 26 years 1st time pregnant give me the precautions upto 9 months about food what should I eat and what should not to eat.please advice.
My husband want to do oral sex and anal also. But I am not getting comfortable. What should I do? Please suggest.
I had unprotected sex month ago. And I did not still get my period this month. My period date is was before 3 days back. What are the signs of getting pregnant? Am I going to be pregnant? How can I avoid pregnancy?
I am having pain in my one breast and when I am in 8th class I got injury in my breast help me and suggest me test and cost of the test also.
Good evening doctor, I am 24 years and married I am having irregular menses and after diagnosing my gyna said said it's pcod hormonal imbalance. So she prescribed me to take susten 300 I took them for 10 days and on 12 th day I got my menses then she said to do some tests. But it's very costly. Please suggest me. I need advice.
Im 20 years female. Periods is not coming regularly. Last 2 months im not getting menses. And also im gaining weight. What to do?
I have done unprotected physical relation with my boyfriend on my 8th day from MC started. Then I took pill (unwanted 72) .Now on 15th day of MC I bleed and also bleed today (16 th day of MC) .I am feeling same pain when I feel in periods. What is this problem? Am I getting my periods very early? Is it matter of concern? please help me.
I am not having my periods from last 58 day when I was physical. I used urine test kit after 1 month then I tested it around every week I tested 6 times but its negative so should I take the medicine (unwanted kit) which contains 1 mifepristone and 4 misoprostol or not.
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old female we are consulting the gynecologist for infertility. She told me to come by 3rd day of your next period. Today is my 3rd day but she was in leave. What should we do? Shall I consult any other doctor? Please reply asap.
A nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is performed to alter the structure and shape of your nose and improve its function and or appearance. Here are a few things you should know about nose surgeries:
Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, talk with your doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Will you develop scars? As with all cosmetic procedures, rhinoplasty can leave scars.
Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks: Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery
My wife is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weigh around 45 kgs. She is 26 years old. She is facing a problem. She doesn't fell like eating. neither she feels hungry. She is getting really weak these days. And more over she likes to sleep. Her weight with respect to her height is very less. Cam you provide me some remedy. Like a proper weight gain diet. Thanks.
Here are 10 yoga poses that must be practiced daily.
1) Downward facing dog (Adho Mukha Shvanasana) - A top-notch upper body strengthener, this pose helps in strengthening hamstrings, calves and thighs. Since your hips are higher than your heart in this pose, it increases blood circulation.
2) Butterfly pose (Baddhakonasana) - Best asana for pregnant women, it helps in smooth delivery. Butterfly asana should be practiced preferably after first trimester. Practice daily for healthy reproductive system, curing menstruation problem, improved flexibility in the groin and in the hip region.
3) Plank pose (Chaturanga Dandasana) - Plank pose is the simplest yet most effective to help strengthen your arms, back, shoulders, core, quadriceps.
4) Warrior pose (Virabhadrasana) - This pose will help you attain long, lean, toned arms and legs by stretching hips, inner thighs, chest. It strengthens quadriceps, abdomen, shoulders and builds a firmer core.
5) Boat pose (Naukasan) - If you want to strengthen your core and quadriceps, this pose will give you maximum results.
6) Tree pose (Vrikshasana) - The tree pose stretches hips, inner thighs, legs, spine, core. It also helps you stay calm and attain positive frame of mind.
7) Child’s pose (Balasana) - The pose is great for pelvic region. It opens hips and relieves tightness in the lower back. It stretches hips, quads and back.
8) Bridge pose (Setu Bandhasana) - Bridge pose is excellent for stretching front part of the body. It opens up the chest and ribcage that helps more oxygen to flow in your body. Builds strong hamstrings and glutes.
9) Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) - The bow pose eases menstruation disorders. It is very effective in weight loss, digestion and fixes appetite. Gastrointestinal problems would no longer remain a worry.
10) Garland pose (Malasana) - The pose strengthens pelvic muscles, stretches lower back, groin, hips, ankles. This lower squat pose will help you relieve constipation and cramps.