Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PraharajYour feedback matters!
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a dream like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in head due to heavy medicine and waves r feeling in my head. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved. please answer.
I am suffering from continue headache, and I am very irritated by this, have migraine. Please help me.
Mai ek 28 saal ka student hoo, mera hath 8 saal se likhne me problem kar raha hai. Likhte time hath kapta hai.
He survive with febrile seizure But he have fit for a little time for 1 or 2 min Now he have fever 100 to 102 but fever not reduce.
I have a migraine problem. I do not like noise at all but very few people understand it. How to get rid of migraine.
I am 65 years old, I have disease parkinson I have also undergone by trodat test which is found that dopamine chemical came from head/mind is not properly produced sandoma plus tablet per day 4 8 am, 13 pm, 17 pm, 22pm per day Also using ayurved zandu's zandopa powder On late time by one hour it feel uneasiness medicine sandopa+ is only one medicine Is it painkiller? Please advise for life time recovery I also walking, cycling, seeming and yoga pl also advise for reproduction of dopamine thanks sir
Whenever I TAKE sleep ALONE MY FACE DOES NOT VIBRATE AND ALL WHENEVER I TAKE sleep WITH FRIENDS MY CHIN STARTS VIBRATING I DON'T KNOW WHY CAN I KNOW THE REASON.
Mere aadhe sir me drd rehta h. Kbi kbi sinus ki trh b hota h. Aise lgta h jaise ball jump kr rhi ho. Dr. Ne migrane btaya tha. But koi test nhi kiya tha. Kya aap muje bta skte h ki kon kon se test krwane chahiye. Ya MRI ECG krwani chahiye.
With age, most body organs begin to deteriorate in their function. This happens to the brain also, thereby reducing the overall speed of functioning of most organs. While slowing of bodily movement is visible, the internal organs functioning also slows down, which is not that obvious. Memory loss or dementia is one of the main manifestations of this degeneration of the brain.
Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia, and the associated symptoms includes reduced reasoning abilities and cognitive defects. Though it is seen only in the elderly, not all elderly people will have Alzheimer’s. The overall quality of life of the affected person is reduced with difficulty remembering things that were recently learned. It is a progressive disease and as it gets more severe, a full-time caretaker may be required.
Causes: The brain cells are affected by protein masses known as plaques and tangles. These hamper the way communication between the brain cells happens as well as affect nutrition from reaching all parts of the brain. This leads to shrinking of the brain, eventually leading to memory loss and other problems. There is also a strong genetic linkage, as most people with Alzheimer’s have the lipoprotein A gene.
Symptoms: Though memory loss is the most common symptom, there are other symptoms:
- Being confused about places, people, and times
- Inability to find the right words during conversations
- Regular objects are misplaced
- Becoming irritable, (in someone who was not so previously)
- Mood swings
- Personality changes
- Inability to organise thoughts
- Not able to make the right decisions
- Repetitive talks and actions
- Forgetfulness (not something the person always does)
- Difficulty with numbers (again, not something calculations
- Difficulty managing everyday tasks and minor problems
- Suspicion of others (like immediate family members and friends)
Risk factors: While age is definitely a risk factor, the fact that not all aged people develop Alzheimer’s is to be borne in mind. Other risk factors include the history of stroke, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, obesity, and poor lifestyle choices.
Diagnosis: While there is no definitive way to diagnose Alzheimer’s, symptoms along with brain scans and neuropsychological function testing are useful ways to confirm the diagnosis.
Treatment: This is aimed at two things reducing the rate of disease progression and treat (or reverse) symptoms if possible.
Cholinesterase inhibitors improve cellular communication in the brain and also manage depression and agitation. Memantine is used to slow the pace of disease progression.
In people with the disease, small changes are useful to help them with the symptoms. These include keeping essential things like keys and wallet in the same place, keep a daily diary to help them remember things, keep pictures of friends and family within visible distance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
My daughter is 20 years old. Past 4 years she is having severe shoulder pain, swelling on both arms and numbness n her hands please give solutions for it.
My wife has been sufferring from migraine pain since last ten years. The pain occurs sometimes once in a weak and sometime more and less then that. Is there any treatment available so that at least the frequency of occurrance of the pain can be reduced.
Left side of my father does not working properly due to got a paralysis attack 4 year ago. Will my father came out from this illness ?
My head is getting numb when it's too hot the climate. I took a CT scan already and the diagnose is only a sinusitis but until now my head is still getting numb every time I stay outside the house.
Migraines are characteristically throbbing, intrusive and sometimes, prolonged headache accompanied by sensitivity to sound and light and the feeling of nausea. They are fairly common and usually treatable with home remedies and allopathic drugs. The word migraine has been derived from another word ‘hemicranias’ which means one sided headache. Headaches resulting from migraines tend to occur in episodes rather than being regular. Additionally, the intensity of a migraine will also vary with some attacks being very severe while other attacks will be a lot more moderate. The pain is often accompanied by nausea or vomiting.
Homeopathy may play an efficient role in the treatment of migraines. Homeopathic medicines are prescribed based on the type, duration and intensity of the migraine attacks and are most often helpful in their treatment.
Homeopathy aims to cure the headache from its very root without attracting side effects. Some of the common homeopathic medicines include:
- Belladonna: This is one of the most common homeopathic drugs prescribed for migraines. This medicine aims to cure the throbbing character of the migraine in the temporal region, which is further induced by light and sound.
- Spigelia: This is useful to treat headaches arising from the left hemisphere of the brain that is fairly common among individuals experiencing migraines. Additionally, there would be an occurrence of severe pain in the eyeballs which might be worsened by excess movement of the eyes.
- Glonoinum: This medicine works fairly well with congestive headaches which are accompanied by a constant feeling of blood rushing to the head. You might also feel shocks in your head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is prescribed in case of headaches that form from the back of the skull and settle prominently in the right hemisphere of the skull. The eyes also tend to throb; another symptom that is remedied by the use of this medicine.
- Natrum Muriaticum: this is usually prescribed to women who complain of their migraines worsening during their menses. The headaches can be accompanied by temporary loss of vision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.