Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PraharajYour feedback matters!
Epilepsy is a relatively common disorder. Most cases of epilepsy can be controlled with a combination of drug therapy and healthy lifestyle. In some cases, surgery may also be advised. Epilepsy affects not only the lifestyle of the patient but also that of their caregiver. Each person reacts to epilepsy in a different way and hence the type of care needed also varies from person to person. While some patients have few seizures and require care only when they're having a seizure others need round the clock care. Here are a few tips to keep in mind if a loved one suffers from epilepsy.
- Know what type of epilepsy he/she is dealing with: Not all epileptic seizures are the same. Find out what type of seizures your loved one suffers from and what are the possible triggers associated with Involve yourself in their lifestyle. Epilepsy should not be a reason for your loved one to lock themselves in a room to stay safe. Participate in activities with them of you feel the activity may be a safety risk if they were to have a seizure; for example - swimming.
- Notice seizure triggers: Often an epileptic patient may not remember the seizure after it has occurred. As their care giver, keep a seizure diary to track their seizures and its related triggers. Look for patterns in the triggers to their epilepsy attacks.
- Keep them safe during a seizure: When experiencing a seizure, the patient will lose consciousness, experience muscle convulsions and may grit his teeth. If the person is standing, hold them so that they do not fall. If they are lying down, try turning them onto their side. Do not put anything into their mouth.
- Take care of them after a seizure: After the seizure, people are most likely to be confused, tired and have a headache. Check for injuries and keep them calm till medical help arrives. Loosen clothing around their neck and ensure that there is nothing inhibiting their breathing.
- Medical identification: While someone who suffers from seizures often is likely to always have someone with them, others who have rare seizures may often venture out alone. In such cases, ensure that they always have medical identification on them. Also make sure that their friends, colleagues etc are aware of their medical condition.
- Help them maintain a healthy lifestyle: Staying active is essential for people with epilepsy. Avoid contact sports and pick low impact exercises like walking, running or swimming. Following a buddy system is essential when an epileptic person works out. If you wish to discuss on any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist and ask a free question.
My colleague started feeling from few months that some is behind him and kill him or hurt him for this he stated blaming anybody that you are going to kill me. He is suffering from Parkinson also.
1. Avoid excessive glare, work on systems, watching tv for longer time, irritable smoke or smell. As these can be trigger points for your headache.
2. Whenever you sense you are going to have headache, go to a silent dark place where you can sit silently till the headache wanes off or if possible you can go to bed.
3. You can take a cup of coffee during headache, as its found to help in reducing headaches.
4. Follow meditation regularly.
I have been feeling my body shaking/unsteady while I am sitting on chair or standing or walking constantly. But feel relaxed if I sit on floor leaning against something or lying in a cool place. It increases in heat atmospher and in empty stomach or any stress.
I am suffering from migraine from last 1 year and day by day it's getting worse. I have tried medicine but it is just a temporary solution. What should I do to improve it.
My age is 23. Height 6ft weight 78 kg. I am having bone pain. Numbness and tingling of whole body legs and feet and inflammation. Today I had fasting blood test which came calcium 9.7 vitamin d3 113 alkaline phosphate 56 Phosphorus 3.3 ldh 152. I was suspected of cancer because bone pain increasing day by day. Does ldh 152 indicate that I do not have cancer.
Sir, I am 48 my both hand trembling slightly it seems tremor in initial stage. Please Suggest medicine or exercises to over come the problem.
I am diabetic from last 14 years age is 53, now i feel numbness i socks and wrist portions and in foot also, please advise its curable and what precautions, medicines i take.
What are the precautions to be taken to avoid migraine and is it possible to get rid of migraine completely?
I am feeling numbness & pain in my lower limbs along with feet. As advised by doctor I am taking Tab Carnisure 500 mg twice a day from last 3 months but no relief. Penitent to mention here that I am suffering from this problem for last 2 years. Please suggest effective treatment.
Absolutely indispensable to your existence is the proper functioning of your brain. Not only does your brain ensure a normal functioning of your body, but also it controls all your vital organs. Yet, brain disorders are among the most common diseases the modern populace has to confront. Tumorous growth in the brain affects the health of the brain in the most significant of manners. Be it benign or malignant, anomalous growth of the brain tissues leads to brain tumor. Some of the most evident causes of brain tumor are genetic dysfunctions, exposure to harmful radiations and immune-suppressants. You may detect the incidence of brain tumors through some of the more obvious symptoms like acute headaches, seizures, projectile vomiting as well as some fairly subtle conditions like a feeling of numbness, coordination problems, etc. The immediate recourse to brain surgeries and expensive treatments often do not yield the desired results. As a consequence, many seek an alternative therapy which can potentially soothe the trauma and fight the disease.
Replete with the benefits of ancient medicinal knowledge, Ayurveda offers remedies, which heal the diseases without causing any side-effects. The natural, herbal therapies improve your immunity from within; enhance your bodily strength and your will to live. It also aborts abnormal cell growth and helps in normal regeneration. Some of the most reliable Ayurvedic remedies have been enumerated below.
- Aswagandha: Aswagandha herb has fascinating healing properties. They play a major role in restoring strength and immunity in your body. It is endowed with anti-inflammatory properties and is beneficial anti-oxidant. It supplements the essential nutrients, which improve the functions of the brain and minimize the adverse effects caused by harmful radiation.
- Curcumin: Curcumin has been known to disintegrate malignant cells from your body. It not only is a great anti-oxidant, but also improves immunity. It has gained popularity as a cure for brain tumors as well.
- Guggul: Guggul is known to revitalize the damaged cells and impart good health. It enhances oxidation potentials of the body and speeds up recovery from brain tumors.
I suffer from extrapyramidal symptoms. Every time I drink alcohol, I get severe rigidity, contortions, stiffness of my back, and I start foaming from my mouth. Then I am rushed to the doctor who then administers phenergan which controls the symptoms. Is there a permanent cure for this as I am a businessman and social drinking is very necessary in my area of business to network. This is causing me huge embarrassment. Thank you in advance!
Epilepsy is a disorder of the nervous system which is characterised by the tendency of a person to have seizures. Seizures occur due to abnormal and excessive nerve cell activity in brain. The result is abnormal behaviour and sensations, including loss of consciousness. There are a variety of seizures with different symptoms depending on the part of brain involved. Progressive myoclonus epilepsy is an epilepsy syndrome, which is caused by genetic disorders. It features a combination of myoclonic and tonic-clonic seizures along with progressive neurological decline. It is often characterised by unsteadiness, muscle rigidity, and mental deterioration. Such a type of epilepsy is quite rare. Seizures are difficult to control and patients often lose thinking abilities as well.
Also in such a condition patient may have more than a dozen different diseases. The symptoms get worsened over time. Such a disorder can be present in any of the sexes. It can appear in infants as well as adults.
Progressive myoclonus epilepsy is not a single disorder but is a combination of syndromes with various names. Some of them are severe myoclonic epilepsy of infancy which is also called Dravet syndrome, then is Unverricht-Lundborg disease also called Baltic myoclonus, Lafora disease and finally Mitochondrial encephalopathies.
Causes and triggering factors of epilepsy seizures
The main causes of Progressive myoclonus epilepsy include Lafora body disease, neuronal ceroid lipofuscinoses, Unverricht - Lundborg disease, sialidoses, storage diseases, and some inborn metabolism issues. These seizures can be triggered by light, noise, sleep loss, alcohol intake and cigarette smoking.
Top natural homeopathic remedies for epilepsy
- Cicuta is considered by far the best homeopathic remedy for epilepsy where violent distortions occur in the body. The distortions are most frightful. The person is totally unconscious. The face may be blue and the jaw appears locked.
- Artemisia Vulgaris is considered for treating epilepsy with Petit Mal seizure. The main symptom is frequent brief episodes of seizures in a short time period.
- Stramonium is used for epileptic convulsions which arise after exposure to bright light or shining objects. The patient in this case is conscious but experiences jerk in the muscles of upper body.
- Cuprum Met is used for seizure attack in knees.
- Bufo Rana is of great help when the patient experiences attacks during sleep.
- Hyoscyamus is used in case of epileptic fit.
- Homeopathic medicines for epileptic fits during fever (Febrile seizures)
- Belladona and Nux Vomica are the natural Homeopathic medicines that are very beneficial in cases of febrile seizures.
- Natural homeopathic medicines as per type of seizure in Epilepsy
The natural Homeopathic medicines for treating Petit Mal Seizures are Artemisia, Belladona, Zincum, and Hyoscyamus. Agaricus and Cuprum are prescribed for Clonic Seizures. Cicuta and Plumbum are helpful in case of Tonic Seizures.