Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prafulla .g. KYour feedback matters!
My husband's (aged 70) face looks a little puffy on his right cheek, but seems to have no lumps or growth there or dental problem. Just a little puffy look like a little skin swelling? What do I do? Go to a dentist or skin doctor or just ignore it?
A red patch appears to be growing around my crotch and is growing day by day and is very itchy. I m using beclomethasane but doesn' t appears to be helping. I need some help. Some prescription please.
I have too much itch on my scrotum. And the dry skin flakes are eroding due to excessive scratching. And now the upper skin has erode at some spots leading to tiny dots of inner red skin. It is burning and find difficultly in walking also. I had tried applying soframycin and normal talcum powder also. Please give a solution it will would be great if it is home remedy.
Which is better for covering up during a sunny day, light or dark clothes? Also, is there a danger from tanning sprays rather than tanning beds?
Sir, I am suffering with skin allergy from one year. I have used various medicines, creams etc and consulted various doctors but no use. Whenever I ate chicken or I forgot to take medicine that day I will feel so itchy. I can not stop myself from itching. Please suggest some medicine sirr.
I got rashes on my right hand and a lot of itching sensation around that part and rash part is becoming hard is this any skin disease should I consult any doctor.
I have black spots on my face. Also I have pimples. Is there is any solutions for this please help me?
I am having serious hairfall. In a month I am seeing a big circle on my head. Please help me how to control my hairfall.
1. Fenugreek Methi : Seeds of fenugreek consist of rich hormone antecedents that help in hair growth and repairs hair follicles. These also consist of nicotinic acid and proteins strengthen the hair growth.Soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight and grind it in the next morning to fine paste. Apply this fenugreek seed paste to hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse off the hair. Follow it for month to see best results.
2. Aloe vera: Usage of aloe vera to hair may reduce hair from scalp and itching. Alkalizing property in aloe vera improves the hairs pH levels which promote hair growth. Even aloe vera gel can fight with dandruff. Take an aloe vera leaf extract the gel and apply that gel to the hair. Leave it for hours and wash the hair with warm water. Follow this procedure for 3 – 4 times a week for better results.
3. Onion Juice: The sulpfur content in the onions improves blood circulation to hair follicles. Onion juice consists of anti bacterial properties that scratch the germs and parasites. Apply the onion juice on the scalp and leave it for half hour. Later shampoo your hair.
4. Hair oil massage: Proper hair and scalp massage will increase blood flow to the hair follicles, condition the scalp, and enhance the strength of your hair’s roots. It will also promote relaxation and reduce feelings of stress.You can use hair oils like coconut or almond oil, olive oil, castor oil, amla oil, or others. Add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to the base oil for better and faster results.
5.Indian Gooseberry(Amla) : Use Indian gooseberry / amla for fast natural hair growth. Amla consists of rich vitamin C. If you have deficiency in the body this may results to hair loss. So gooseberry can help to maintain a healthy scalp and gives good hair growth. Take gooseberry and make pulp. Mix this pulp with lemon juice and massage your scalp with this mixture. Keep this overnight and shampoo in the morning.
6. Spinach and lettuce juice : Spinach and lettuce juice is thought to help with hair growth. Drink once in day this juice for healthy hair growth.
7. Safflower oil : For preventing hair loss and baldness this safflower oil is used. This oil is having rich monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids which are vital for healthy hair. You can find two varieties of safflower oils in the market where both are used for hair care. Safflower oil is helpful for perm, colored and dry hair. Use safflower oil for massaging into scalp. Leave it for 1 hour and rinse the hair. Use it every week to get healthy hair.
8. Potato Water: Lack of proper vitamins may cause to have a dry and delicate hair. Potato, can give you longer and thicker hair growth. Use potato water for rinsing the hair. After boiling the potatoes in water, let the water gets cool for some time and use that water for your hair after shampooing. Just rinse your hair with potato water.
9. Hibiscus : It promotes hair growth, this flower can also be used to cure dandruff, prevent split ends, thicken hair and prevent premature graying.Add 10 Chinese Hibiscus flowers to two cups of coconut oil.Heat the solution until charred. Strain it to collect the oil.Apply the oil on your hair before going to bed. Wash your hair in the morning.Repeat this a few times a week.
10. Beetroot juice : Beetroot juice contains carbohydrates, protein, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and vitamins B and C. All these nutrients are essential for healthy hair growth.Thus include fresh beet root juice in your diet.
The skin on your body is an important organ which also has many important functions such as regulating the body temperature through perspiration, allowing you to touch and feel the world around us. The skin is a supple organ with folds and variations and different levels of thickness. To maintain its health, it is very important to keep it properly hydrated. Let’s look at a few ways that can be done naturally:
- Moisturize: This is an important step that many don’t follow and it is a very important part of skin care. Moisturizing is necessary in both dry and wet climates. What you need to be aware of is to change the type of moisturizer from season to season. It is better to moisturize with a lighter lotion and less often during summers while the winters would require a heavier lotion with increased frequency.
- Use humidifiers during the dry seasons: Many people may miss this trick, but it is a good idea to run a humidifier within the room during the dry seasons as it helps you to breathe better as well as keeps your skin hydrated. Also, when sleeping in air conditioned rooms, it is a good idea to run a humidifier to ensure that the cold air doesn’t dehydrate your skin.
- Stop taking hot showers for too long: This is another common reason for dry skin. Taking hot showers for extended periods of time will rob your skin of its natural moisturizers and result in dry, scaly skin. Too long and hot showers will strip the skin of its essential oils and thus result in it becoming scaly and dry. Preferably, take shorter and colder showers.
- Change lifestyle habits: One of the greatest disruptors of skin health are bad habits, such as smoking, drinking excessive alcohol and sun damage. Ensure that you have enough protection from the sun to stop sun damage. Smoking and alcohol both dry out our skin and thus result in you looking older as well as developing more wrinkles. Give up smoking and try to limit alcohol consumption to limited quantities.
- Exercise: Many of the skin related woes occur due to the lack of physical movement, which results in underlying conditions. These underlying conditions may not only cause the skin quality to deteriorate, but will also result in it being dry. It is important to exercise to keep the internal regulatory systems in best condition and keep the skin hydrated.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.