Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prafulla
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrafullaYour feedback matters!
With the current self-obsession of the need to look good all the time, acne is seen as a major problem by the teenagers and even adults. It is related to the hormonal changes but also aggravated by food habits. During their active phase, acne causes a lot of pain and burning. There is a constant tendency to pick at them to get rid of the pain and the itching.
They dry over a period of time and leave scars which are not as painful but are aesthetically a major concern. For someone with oily skin who are more prone for developing acne, these scar marks could be very traumatic emotionally.
There is good news for these people as cosmetic advancements give multiple options for getting rid of these scars. Read on to know some of the most effective ones.
- Laser: A beam of light is aimed at the scar tissue, which does not affect the surrounding tissue but gets rid of the scar tissue. In addition to acne, laser is used in multiple skin ailments (whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, etc.) There is an intense bacterial presence in the acne, and when the laser beam is aimed at the acne, the bacteria are killed. This also reduces further incidence of acne and amount of sebum produced. The number of sittings required would depend on the severity of acne, and most people would require 2 to 3 sittings for visible reduction of the scars.
- Photofacials: The outer layer of the skin (epidermis) is cooled and the inner layer (dermis) is heated. This stimulates the production of collagen and fibrous tissue, which replaces the acne tissue, giving a fresher, youthful look.
In both cases, remember to:
- Avoid use of irritants like perfumes and deodorants in the affected area
- Avoid waxing or shaving for at least 10 days before the procedure
- Avoid exposure to harsh sun for about a week prior to the procedure
- Avoid medicines which increase the risk of bleeding, aspirin for instance
Post treatment: In both treatments, the skin may appear red, swollen, and inflamed for the first day. There also may be a prickly sensation, similar to a sunburn. Cool packs or moist clean clothes and a good moisturiser can be used to soothe the skin. Avoid makeup until the skin is back to normal appearance. Depending on the type of skin and acne, the appearance will take about weeks to months after the procedure.
- Minimally invasive
- Reduced pain
- Reduced recovery time
- Can be clubbed with other anti-acne therapies
- Good results with reduced recurrence and sebum production
With so many advancements, acne marks are sure to go away!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!