Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Pradnya ShinoyYour feedback matters!
I'm taking veniz 75 for several years. This was prescribed for anxiety. If I don't take some uneasiness in my head next day. Please suggest .
My memory power is too low I forget things happen one day before r before what to do please help me?
I lost my dad last year I very depressed last one month so how to I am very active plzzz give me the suggestions.
Hello. Sometimes I have speaking problem. I feel difficult to utter words. But it happens only when I feel nervous. May be its due to stage fear. But what is the solution for this. Kindly suggest.
An eating disorder, mostly appears when your food habits reach levels of extremity. Anorexia nervosa and Bulimia are two main and the most common eating disorders found in men and women. One is the lower extreme while the other is the higher extreme in terms of food intake.
1. Anorexia: People who are affected with anorexia think of themselves to be very overweight in spite of actually being very slim and thin. Anorexia inflicted people consume less than a thousand calories per day. They exercise rigorously and try to find more ways to lose weight. They vomit a lot due to the insufficient diet and suffer more. The treatment for anorexia nervosa generally includes a mix of mental treatment, and regulated weight gain program. An anorexia patient should seek treatment as early as possible. The best ways to deal with anorexia are:
Psychological Treatment: Various psychological treatments can be used to cure anorexia of different stages. They are cognitive analytic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, focal psychodynamic therapy. A family's response is also an important psychological factor. Proper encouragement and effort should be given.
Weight gain program: This measure will guide an anorexic patient to improve his diet habits and slowly gain weight. A patient is monitored carefully, traits are recognized and a likewise diet pattern is given.
2. Bulimia: Bulimia nervosa is another category of eating disorder. The main characteristic of this disorder is overeating in the highest level. Binge eating is observed, followed by attempts by the affected individual to lose weight. A bulimic patient is constantly trapped in the cycle of overeating and then thinking about losing weight.
Maybe you do not like the idea of binge eating and fear getting obese, but once affected by bulimia a patient cannot follow this and binge eats. Later, they adopt extreme measures for losing weight. The primary methods to deal with bulimia are:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy, or talk therapy includes examining your bulimia and related issues with an expert. It is proven that these sorts of psychotherapies restrict the symptoms of bulimia. The three modes of psychotherapy include- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, Family-based therapy and Interpersonal psychotherapy.
- Medications: Medicines such as anti-depressants can be taken by bulimia patients along with psychotherapy. Prozac is a recommended and effective medicine.
- Proper diet plan: For bulimia affected patients, having a proper balanced diet is very essential. A diet expert should be consulted, who will make the most essential food pattern for you. Undertaking a weight loss program is also recommended.
Eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia should be avoided, and you should know the best ways to deal with them.
Hai I am a medical student. Doing my first year. I can't concentrate on my studies properly due to have load. How can I approach each subjects. Anatomy, physiology and biochemistry. How will I study effectively. Seniors told study only important.. Is it enough?
How to stop someone who is regularly addicted to alcohol, because if that person is trying not to drink at some particular time he is trending towards taking alcohol. Now this has become a serious issue, by mind he is not willing to take it but by habit he is having it on a regular basis. Please suggest a way to get rid of this habit.
Dear Sir/Madam Life is not as easy as we think. But when someone is with you, its easy to handle things. In my case even my husband is not supportive. I am a working woman and have to manage home.
Few months before my daughter met with a girl who is 13 years old and who lived nearby area, but after sometime we came to know that girl is not good by character then we separated our daughter from that girl, even our daughter realised that but after separation my daughter feels very loneliness and she has no interest in anything, I believe she is struggling with Borderline Personality Disorder, kindly help.
Are you suffering from stress and sleep disorders (Insomnia)? Are you looking for Ayurvedic remedies for improving your sleep? The principles of Ayurveda state that sufficient sleep along with a proper diet, and wise utilization of energy are important for maintaining good health.
According to ayurveda, the vitiation of the three doshas either taken all together or individually may result in to insomnia. All factors, that are responsible for aggravation of vata and pitta ,along with environmental and dietary factors play an important role in sleep disturbances. High vata type of insomnia is caused by Vaata imbalance or mental stress. People, who toss and turn, unable to fall asleep because their mind is spinning, have this disorder. It results with anxiety, worry, and rushed activity during the day. Where as in pitta imbalance there is intermittent awakening. You may fall asleep quickly but wake up frequently with palpitation, body pains, and emotional disturbances such as fear, anger, and sadness. Another pattern is that you wake up before dawn and find it difficult to go back to sleep.
There are certain health principles and ways that you should follow for improving quality of sleep, getting rid of stress and boosting your body’s immune system. They are as follows:
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule- You should be very disciplined regarding your sleep. Try to sleep early which gives you the time to sleep throughout the night. Wake up early the next morning. Your mind is stable, slow and dull from 6pm to 10pm. This is a perfect time for getting good sleep.
- Mindful eating- It is recommended for you to have your dinner early between 6.30 to 7 pm. The digestive fire starts cooling down after the sun sets. You can improve your digestion by eating light, early meals. This is beneficial for your sleep quality. While eating, you should avoid doing other activities such as reading books, watching television, or involving yourself in conversations.
- Oil massage- Oil massage therapy is a primary part of Ayurvedic treatment for stress and sleep disorder. Oil massages on your feet are important for improved sleep. There are nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished because of oil massage. Massaging helps in stress relief, makes you feel relaxed, and improves your blood circulation. As a result of all these, your sleep gets drastically improved. You can choose from several herbal oils for massage.
- Pranayama- Pranayama is considered to be very important for improving sleep disorders and stress. Several rounds of alternate nostril breathing or “naadi shodhana pranayama” should be undertaken on a regular basis. This is effective for the mind, and calms down your nervous system. You are bound to get deeper, and longer sleep of high quality.
- Practice self-compassion- You wellness and health depend considerably on a balance among your mind, body and soul. It is important for you to keep away from negative vibes and always try to be present in a positive environment. You should be mindful over who you talk to right before going to sleep. Ideally, you should switch off your mobile, computer, television, and social media activities, two hours before going to sleep.
- Regular exercise- Regular exercise is very important for you to stay healthy and fit physically, which in turn helps you to maintain a healthy state of mind. This is vital for improving sleep disorder and eliminating stress. Keep away from all types of stimulants during the evening so that your sleep is not affected.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Insomnia
The useful herbs for the treatment of insomnia are:-
- Brahmi: It is a powerful brain tonic, which supports and improves all aspects of mental functioning. It is a calming and tranquillising herb. A cup of brahmi tea or powder or any other preparation with brahmi, taken at bedtime, will induce a peaceful sleep and its regular use will help to cure insomnia.
- Vacha: (Acorus calamus) has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various ailments, such as epilepsy, headache,insomnia etc. it can be taken along with Amla, Brahmi powder at bed time.
- Aswagandha: This is an overall tonic for greater vitality and longevity. It enhances coordination between the mind and senses which, according to Ayurveda, is essential for good sleep. The recommended dose is half teaspoonful of powder taken at night along with sugar+ ghee or warm milk.
- Jatamansi: It has been found to increase levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin. It is a sedative, anti-depressant, and anti-epileptic cardio-tonic and is regarded as one of the most effective remedies for neurosis.
- Valerian: Indian valerian, also known as tagar in Hindi, works on the nerve channels by clearing out toxins from the blood, joints, tissues, colon and nerves. Its basic role is to rejuvenate. However, valerian should not be taken on its own. For, it can have a somewhat dulling effect. It is best used as part of some herbal preparation.
Doctor, How to improve my memory power I have confusions any time how to clear my problem please answer me.
I am 29 years old male, I am alcoholic and taking marijuana also, now I am lost my temporary memory, what should I do?
Is it normal to marry a person who hvin medication of benign multiple sclerosis frm last 5 year, want to known what it is actually and its consequences.
It is natural to feel anxiety. Repeated exposure and practice are the best way to deal with them. If it taking control over you take help of psychiatrist or psychologist.