Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep Kumar. B.Your feedback matters!
I am having fever from last three days followed by headache and little cold and cough. Please suggest any medicine for this.
Mera beta 2 month ka he kuch dino se wo dudh bhi nai pi raha he or bahut rota he or or potty bhi kali aati he iska kya karan he? Doctor ne cymbi drops dene ko kaha din me 2 time par usse bhi koi fark nai padh raha?
I have 6 months baby. I started giving home food. From the day giving the food she is suffering from motions. What should I do.
My 5 years son is getting fever frequently. After blood reports: serum for c-reactive protein lalex slide agglutination positive 24 Mg/dl Reference range up to 12 Mg/dl What is the diet food for reducing this sir. Please help me sir/madam.
Most mothers complain this.Whereas the real condition in majority of cases is not a disease "vomiting" READ ON. YOur baby is possetting.
What is possetting?
Possetting is normal in small babies. It's when small amounts of milk are brought back up. It's often why parents have a cloth with them after a feed to catch the posset which often bubbles through baby's lips after a feed
What causes possetting?
Often when your baby's stomach is full, milk can come back up. Babies often posset a little when burping, bringing up the milk often with swallowed air or wind.
In a baby the muscular valve at the end of their food pipe, which acts to keep food in the stomach, hasn't developed properly yet.
What are the symptoms of possetting?
Bringing up about a few teaspoons worth of milk after a feed.
It's non-forceful and tends to dribble out.
How is possetting treated?
If it is just possetting your GP or health visitor will give you reassurance that is it quite normal.
They can also help establish if it is the more serious conditions of reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease known as GERD.
What is reflux?
Reflux is more serious than possetting. It's when the stomach contents are regurgitated.
When acid from the baby's stomach comes up as well as the milk, this can be painful. About half of babies will experience some form of reflux during their first year. As the muscular valve gets stronger, your baby is better at keeping food down.
How to tell the difference?
If your baby shows discomfort when feeding, such as arching away, refusing to feed and crying, it can be a sign of reflux. She may also frequently vomit or spit up more than normal possetting, and cough a lot, including at night, with no other sign of a cold.
If your baby displays any of the above symptoms check with your GP. Reflux is quite common. It tends to peak between one and four months and normally ends by 12-18 months.
How to alleviate reflux?
It can often be successfully controlled by simple remedies: For example:
More small feeds to prevent your baby's stomach getting too full.
Keeping him upright during and for at least half an hour after a feed.
Avoid tight clothing, particularly around your baby's stomach.
Ask your doctor or health visitor for advice.
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
If reflux is very severe there can be complications like damage to the oesophagus ( oesophagus), or long-term problems and this is diagnosed as gastro-oesophageal reflux disease ( GERD).
Symptoms may include: vomiting, failure to put on weight, coughing and breathing problems.
If your baby vomits bile which is green, has repeated projectile vomiting or vomits blood seek medical advice straight away. Symptoms like bloody stools (poo), abdominal distention, excessive crying or if baby keeps refusing feeds may also be signs of GERD, and again should be checked by a medical professional promptly.
It is rare for infants to suffer from GERD but bringing milk up is very common for most babies, who tend to grow out of possetting or reflux by 12-18 months.
Giving antibiotic for any kind to 2 month old baby reduce development of immune system or effect immune system of baby. Can cough & cold get cured by its own without giving any medicine to baby.
Hi Sir, mere bacha abhi 10 din ka hua hai or use loose motion ho gye hai or pet mei bhi dard rahta hai. Kya kerna chahiye? Please advise.
My son often gets chest congestion (once in a month). His nose won't be blocked, but mostly cough and then fast breathing within a day. What treatment is safe and suitable? Doctor gives nebulization of Levolin and that really helps and is effective but will it cause any side-effects?
I have 6 month old baby. He has teething pain. Can you suggest something to make it easy for my baby Thnx.
For healthier teeth, flossing daily in a sawing motion is highly recommended. Take the floss to the point where the teeth meet the gums.
I had my normal delivery using tools. And My newborn baby had its jaundice test when she was 5 days old and the bilirubin levels were high, so she was in phototherapy for 4 days. And as the doctor said it came to normal level, we was discharged. But now as she is 15 days old. I could still see her eyes are pale Yellow sometimes. Some said it is normal and will fade as she grows. But then am panicked. Is it normal? What should be concerned?
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.
Could there be an endocrinology related issue that could cause obesity in children if they are gaining weight even with careful diet (no junk food, soda, overeating) and good physical activity?
I am 13 years old. I have mainly sneezed and slightly cough when I wokeup in the early morning for study between 4am to 6am and not in other times.
Usually mothers often feel insecure about their milk production amount and they often feel that their babies aren't getting enough milk, which results in switching to formula feeds, which is not good for their babies in the long run.
This post will help the willing mothers to feed their babies and help as confidence building measure.
1. Milk production gets boosted when mother keep their babies close to body. It provide warmth, bonding, ease tension, etc
2. Proper positioning of baby while feeding is important. You can watch YouTube videos on breastfeeding positions, like CRADLE, CROSS CRADLE, FOOTBALL positions etc.
3. Breastfeeding is a painless procedure,if you are feeling pain,something is wrong.Getting sore nipple,crack nipple are findings of improper attachment.
4. Feed the baby for atleast 20min, it helps baby getting foremilk(watery part of milk) which quench thirst as well as hind milk(thick part of milk) which provides satiety.
5. If baby sleeps while feeding,wake her up by gentle stroking in feet, completely empty your breast otherwise the baby becomes cranky,pass frequent small quantity stools with improper weight gain
6. Passage of urine more than 8 times per day,good sleep in between feeds and proet weight gain are good sign of successful breast feeding.
7. Dont get biased based on advertisement of formula feed in media. They aren't superior to breastmilk in any ways.Breastmilk provide protection against asthma, allergies, blood pressure, heart diseases etc