Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. PradeepYour feedback matters!
Tooth loss is a challenge for both the patient and the dentist. Patient has to deal with reduced chewing efficiency and altered appearance. The dentist, on the contrary, is faced with restoring the lost tooth to the maximum natural extent possible - functionally and structurally.
The fixed dentures came close with their ability to providing fixed teeth that were stable and aesthetically appealing. However, there was one big disadvantage. The adjacent teeth that were being used as abutment were reduced in size and therefore strength though they could be perfectly normal teeth. In an effort to avoid this, the dental community started looking at options, the result of which was implant. Not just replacing the crown part of the tooth, even the root portion of the tooth is replaced here.
A biocompatible material, titanium, is put into the tooth to serve as the root. Titanium is strong, light, biocompatible (does not cause autoimmune reactions in the surrounding tissues) and most importantly osseointegrated (fuses to the surrounding bone). Once placed as the root, it gets absorbed into the bone after a period of about 2 to 6 months. Then, a crown or a denture is literally built on this root to simulate the natural appearance as close as possible. This provides not just the complete natural tooth structure but also provides support to the surrounding tissues like the gums and the cheeks.
Implant dentistry is a perfect example of teamwork including surgeons to operate and place the bone, prosthodontists to do the crown or the bridge, a periodontist to manage the gums health, and a lab technician who can do the finest job on the crowns or the bridges.
Types of implants: Three common types include:
- Single tooth replacement: In cases where a single tooth is lost, the implant would be one root that is allowed to fuse to the bone and then a crown is placed over it.
- Fixed multiple teeth replacements: If more than one tooth is lost, then bridges are fabricated by placing one or more implants and then custom-made crowns are placed over these implants.
- Removable implant supported complete denture: If all the lower teeth are missing, implants could be placed at pre-identified locations and then a complete denture fabricated over it. This is commonly done in lower jaws as stability is always a cause for concern.
Contraindications: The success of the implant requires good bone health. The most common contraindications would be patients with chronic diseases like poorly controlled diabetes, cancer in the line of jaws, chronic smoking, or poor periodontal health.
However, if managed well, even these patients can have implants after a detailed assessment by the dental team. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
I am 49 yrs old I am suffering for two yrs. Red and white painful patches in mouth and both side of tongue so please advise the medicine. (i eating tobacco but stopped of six months)
I have habit of chewing tobbaco. So my mouth can not open as usually. And my teeth bleed some time. And gum became red so any tube or oral tube to help.
I am suffering teeth cavity, previous made root canal but not use cap on that tooth. Doctor suggested re root canal.
I have a whitish/yellowish thing on tooth which I recently discovered. Is it due to cavity? And if it is what can I do to make it better? I already brush my teeth twice a day.
I usually get my mouth full of saliva when I woke up in the morning. In nights I have to get up and spit it too sometimes. So whats the cure for it.
Hi, I am 24 years old I have a gap in between my lower and upper Jaw so I want to know what is the best method Braces or Clear Aligners and How much it costs.
I got ulcer below my tongue. Taking roseday tablet for the past one month. Pls Prescribe tab/ home remedies to treat my tongue ulcer.
I have an upper tooth cleaned up 2 yrs ago. It's irreparable. It is not shaking but if something goes inside sometimes it pains. Any cure available without pulling it out?
Dear doc I ve been suffering from front teeth pain for a week now since the moment I ate pickle n then soft drink. May be teeth sore. I am nw taking meds prescribed by my dentist for gum swelling once upon a time. But I do not feel betterment. Doing mouth wash. And rubbing metrogyl on gums. It giving temporary relief bt pain same. Could you please sugest wat I can follow as the visit to see doc aint any near. Thank you 4 your support.
Dr. meri age 30 years hai mere muh se badbu ati hai koi home remedies batye please kitna bhi brush karo ye smell nahi khatam hoti hai na he mere teeth se blood nikalta hai nahi cavity problem hai mere koi pregnancy bhi nahi hui hai shadi ko 5 saal hogaya hai.
Most of us suffer from some or the other dental problem in our lifetime. Majority of these problems are attributed to tooth decay. Tooth decay or cavities occur when bacteria living in the mouth produce a strong acid that slowly deteriorates the health of the teeth. If left untreated such decays will lead to infection, causing extreme pain and eventually tooth loss. To prevent this, dental fillings are done. Fillings are also used to repair broken or cracked teeth. Here is everything you need to know about fillings.
What is a Dental Filling?
A dental filling is one of the most commonly used methods that can restore the normal functioning and shape of the tooth, which may have been damaged due to tooth decay. These fillings close off the spaces where bacteria can set in and cause further decay. This protects the surrounding tissues too as food and bacteria accumulated in cavities can harm gums too.
Procedure of Dental Filling:
Before a filling session, the dentist will carry out proper assessment of your teeth. Dental X-rays may be used to ascertain the extent of the damage. This can be followed by a procedure with which the dentist will clean out the affected area of the tooth. After the decay has been cleaned out, the cavity will be filled with desired filling material.
Types of Dental Fillings:
There are various kinds of dental fillings. Let us find out a little bit about each kind.
- Gold Filling: These are made in a laboratory before they are cemented in place. These fillings are known to last over two decades thanks to the fact that they are tolerated exceptionally well by the gum tissue. This is also an expensive option, which will require multiple visits to the dental clinic.
- Amalgam Filling: These are also known as silver fillings and are usually an alloy containing tin, silver, and other metals, which bond well with the teeth. Many Dentists today are advising against the use of these fillings as it has been proved that mercury content in these fillings can harm the body.
- Composite Resin Filling: These kinds of fillings are matched to the colour of your teeth for a natural appearance. These are the most commonly uses fillings today as they fulfill most of the criteria we would desire from a dental filling.
- Porcelain Filling: These are known as inlays or onlays. These fillings are used in restorations where a large part of the tooth structure has been lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.