Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhavathi VYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I am having gum deficiency. My teeth are very sensitive now. Please advice me what to do. I am brushing twice a day and some medical store ask me to use vintage tooth paste from Dr. Reddy. I am using mouthwash from listerine.
I have problem in my teeth. I think it's a cavity problem because my one teeth is cut automatically. And this cause a pain in my tongue. What to do?
In my two teeth cavity is formed. Then how can i save my teeth in future onward. And hair are becoming white also can I save it?
My gums are bleeding from some days during brush. Will you suggest me any home remedy to get rid of this?
My daughter is 5 years old and some of her tooth's are having cavity. It has hole & blackish color. Is it suggested to remove her tooth in such small age. Presently it is not paining.
I am 26 years old and have a bad odour coming form mouth. Tried using mouthwash but lasts only for 5 min. Even if I brush my teeth and tongue the fresh smell does not last for long time. Its totally embarrassing as my job depends o oral communication.
Regularly occurring Mouth Sores. Really painful. I can't speak, eat properly. I used to get these but they were temporary for 4-5 days but this time its more than 2 weeks still Sores are hurting me. I'm using Quickool gel. I'm drinking lime water with sugar because I can't drink normal water because of pain suggest me any medicine.
I have problem with bad smell. I want to avoid halitosis. Please suggest a way to avoid halitosis or suggest any medicine for it.
Meri problem akal ki daadh nikalne k baad suru hui hai actually akal ki daadh puri tarike se nikal chuki hai then gaal ki khaal us daant ke upar chad gayi hai then wo beech me aa rhi hai ,maine 2 doctors ko dikhaya the to unhone kaha ki wo khaal sergery karke cut karni padegi nahi to khaana khate time wo dono daant ke beech me aati hai or dard hota hai main us side se khana hi nahi khaa paa rha hu. Please suggest me ki mujhe sergery karani jaroori hai ya nahi. Docs ka kehna hai wo khaal kaat ke hatani padegi waha se jo dono daanto k beech touch ho rhi hai.
Hello m 20 year old male and I want to know how to clean teeth and do them white if they are yellow and became bad because of water.
Hi, gums around my right lower wisdom teeth has swollen up since 2 3 days and its paining .even my right cheek is swelled .m gaggling with warm salt water with Colgate mouthwash but neither swollen not pain is lessening please suggest some quick remedies.
I am getting many pimples on my face and I have excess heat in my body due to which I get mouth ulcers what should I may do/
Doctor I am so worried because my baby is six months plus. Recently I noticed her one lower molar teeth is coming. So want to ask you is their any problem.
Hi i am having Pain in jaw, bellow jaw side area and near ear. And little bit swelling also. What I do.
I got mouth ulcer I used also oral medication but resolved. Please tell me permanent solution for ulcer?
We all think brushing is the best favour we could do to our teeth and mouth, right? No! Incorrectly done, brushing can do more damage than good. It is always advisable to check with your dentist if you are brushing the right way. In fact, a lot of periodontal diseases and issues like abrasion are due to improper brushing techniques.
Let us look at some common issues related to brushing both good and bad.
- Tooth brush: Pick the right one. Firstly, the length, you should be able to reach all parts of the mouth, especially the last tooth, without having to open the mouth wide. Softer bristles are always preferred.
- Duration: If you brush 2 to 3 times daily, each brushing should not last more than 2 minutes. Divide the mouth into 4 quadrants upper right and left, lower right and left – and spend 30 seconds on each quadrant. Longer hours of brushing can lead to wearing of the enamel.
- Technique: A forceful front-and-back motion can cause a V-shaped notch at the gum line, leading to a condition called abrasion. The ideal way to brush is to begin at the gumline and go about in circular motions. Ensure all surfaces, outer and inner, of all teeth are covered.
- Force of brushing: The idea of brushing is to remove the soft deposits of plaque, which comes off very easily with brushing. Do not exert a lot of pressure in an attempt to remove plaque. The hardened tartar or stain can anyways not be removed with brushing and will need to be removed by the dentist.
- Habit: Most of us are habituated to begin at the same place and go about the same routine to finish brushing. Dentists advise that it is good to begin at different places each time. As you near the end of your brushing time, you are usually tired and just want to get done with it. Changing the start and end points gives all the teeth a fair chance of getting cleaned.
- Storing: Do not store your toothbrush in the toilet area and with a whole lot of brushes. Both contain enough bacteria, and your brush can do without it.
- Timing: If you have had acidic food, wait for about half an hour before you brush. The acidic environment softens the tooth and brushing it immediately can lead to easier wearing of the enamel.
- Changing brush: Any time the bristles lose their flexibility, it is time to change, usually about 3 months.
Never thought there are so many things to do and avoid with brushing? You are not alone, hopefully you can plan your brushing better the next time onwards. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.