Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhavathi M RaoYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 22 year old female. I am an engineering student. According to all and my past ranking and my performance. Engineering is not a big deal for me. As it is a degree course of 4 years. But I could not able to complete it in a specific period of time. Now I am in a final year. And my classmates are doing a job and completed their PG. I KNOW everything I mean about my capabilities and what should I do and I know I can do this but I couldn't concentrate. I do always waste my time. and willing of completing degree course is still there in my mind but now I don't know why I am unable to concentrate on my career. please guide me.
sir. I am 30year old. Mere ko mixed anxiety depressiv disorder hai. Mera medicine proxtine 25 mg aur pragabaline 75 mg one year se continue le rha hu thora sa sudhar hai. Please give me good suggseon for treatment sir
My boyfriend is not able to leave his smoking. He is finding difficulties in leaving it. Any solutions for it Doctor please help me so that I can help him.
I want to leave smoking but I can't, I am addicted to it so how can I leave it because I am feared that I might have cancer in next 5 years, give me a advice how can I leave it please help me.
I am 16 and donating blood for the first time in few days. I sm having a little anxiety about it. Does it hurt? If so how much?
I can't remember anything easily and if I remember anything I forget it immediately. What should I do?
I am a 30 years old married women and having 4 yrs old son. From some time I feel that I had married since childhood and due to poverty of that guy my father has not accepted him. Beside this he loves me more than my current husband. I feel that he had sex (rape) with me in 2002 and give emergency conctactive pill. But as per internet i-pill launch in market nearly 2006. Also I think that my hymen has ruptured by that guy but my husband says that (also I know) he has ruptured my hymen after my marriage (as I feel pain & also bleeding). I feel very guilty always. I feel that older guy is waiting for me and till date he is not married. I am totally confused. Also I don? t want to sex with my current husband. (i know he loves me very much). What I feel that is false but my heart not accept that. Always I am thinking of that man. Please help me
Hi iam 24 years old, iam weak in taking own decisions and also how to improve brain functionality faster,
My son is 8 years old he is very active but he is not concentrating in studies whole day he keeps on playing without taking rest all his friends get tired but he still keeps on playing and remains restless this exertion creates pain in his heels at night he takes rest only when he has to eat food otherwise he remains standing move here and there he doesn't listen to me also whole day only playing cricket (crazy for cricket) Should I consult any doctor for him or not.
I am 29 year old guy. .I am facing fear of failure phobia. .I can't over come. .medication without. .I need other therapy.
Hi. I am 17, I was in love with her from past 3 years it was initially one side from me and later accepted my love during the course of 1.5 th year. Till now she broke up with me for 3 times, which I dealt with and got back but 2months back she said she is completing breaking up with me. And also says she loves someone, but I find it false. Suggest me some tips as a best friend and a doctor. I am undergoing treatment for depression, with good improvement from past 1year.
Hi, I am 21 years old. Sir/madam can you please tell me how should I increase my memory power? My memory power slightly low so how can I increase it?
What are the 4 habits helps to reduce depression? As per your subject line, there is nothing mentioned in your mail about 4 depression reduce habit. You are giving wrong info.
There are many ways to treat pain and this includes acupuncture, several natural remedies, technological procedures and surgery. Among the different approaches of treating pain, massage therapy is an effective method.
- Massage therapy is one of the earliest therapeutic processes for relieving pain for a long time as it provides ideal relief and performs recovery functions as well. In the modern day, massage therapy is a popular pain relieving remedy, which is utilized by people all over the world.
- Massage therapy involves manipulation of the tissues, which is performed by special therapists. There are various types of massage therapies, which incorporate different techniques and procedures.
- Long term massage therapy is not very expensive and has no side effects on the body. With the help of massaging, there is an increased lymph flow, improved blood circulation and several positive effects on the immune system. Local biochemical changes occur, neural activity gets enhanced and all these mean that pain is reduced.
The current studies on massage therapy are quite conflicting and there are negative views regarding the effects of massage therapy to provide pain relief. Massage therapies are successful in treating several cases of lower-back pain. However, many experts consider massage therapy to be a relaxation technique and not a proper treatment procedure.
They say that massage provides relief to pain, but physical therapy, exercise and medicines are far superior in providing pain relief than massage therapy. Massage provides relief to neck pain, shoulder pain, headaches and carpal tunnel syndrome. However, it is considered that this relief is only temporary and not consistent enough. A single session of massage therapy does not really provide a long-term relief from pain. For better and lasting results, massage therapy should be undertaken regularly.
Massage alone will never provide ideal relief from any kind of pain and a multidisciplinary approach should be taken for pain relief treatment, where massage therapy would be one of the elements. For ideal pain relief, you should practice other measures such as physical therapy, behavioral health care, acupuncture, regular exercise and use massage therapy as a complementary relief method.
Massage therapy can never be the main treatment procedure for treating pain and it is an accompanying treatment method which you should practice along with major treatment procedures. Massage therapy combined with other therapies will provide you effective pain relief.
Massage therapy for pain provides effective temporary relief from pain. It should be performed by a trained massage therapist and for good results must be performed every day. However, massage therapy is not a primary treatment measure and should be a part of a multidisciplinary approach for pain relief.
Sir I have a habit of chewing tobacco twice a day but I am taking psychiatric medicines. Will it affect my health? Will it lead to complications. Thing is I feel relief of anxiety due to some tobacco in my mouth. Is it OK? please give an advice on it.
'No' appears to be a very simple and straightforward word. However, it can be shockingly hard to say. People most of the time agree to things that they really do not want. Since they would preferably feel overburdened and low rather than disappoint somebody, saying "no" feels easier to maintain connections with people.
The repercussions of this absence of disagreement is critical. By overcommitting ourselves, we are actually consuming the majority of our positive energy and using it somewhere where you might not want to. This takes away from our common character and quality. It leaves us tired and we meet each day like it is simply one more battle. We also give up our own requirements for space, stillness, relaxation and imagination and are bound to our state.
To stay away from this, we must know about our own necessities and priorities for both mental and physical well-being and joy. For this, one may have to know when saying "yes" will fulfill your requirement for rest, relaxation or self-awareness. When one does this, their unfounded dread of not being socially acceptable from saying "no" will go away gradually.
Here are three reasons why saying "no" can prove to be beneficial:
- You will have additional time: The extra time made by saying "no" will, at any rate, prevent that forced clock from ticking. It will make you feel like you are in control. This can truly lighten up your mood and lift your anxiety and bolster your health. Rather than saying yes to going out for lunch or a party that you feel obligated to go to, but might not want to, simply try to say no. You will automatically feel happier when you are sitting at home, relaxing rather than forcefully socialising.
- You will be less remorseful: At first, you may be reluctant to state "no" because of a paranoid fear of passing up a major opportunity or the fear of missing out. As a general rule, nonetheless, in case that you need to state "no," odds are you have much better explanations for you not being there. If you do go for it, you might regret it afterwards thinking that you could have done something better with your time rather than having completely wasted it.
- Your associates will respect you for it: No one wants that they should be taken for granted. However, in case that you continue saying "yes" to each demand or opportunity, that is precisely how individuals will come to see you. The more you say "yes," the more individuals will generally expect things of you. This could prompt to a drop in your status and position and loss of control over others.