Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhavathi M RaoYour feedback matters!
My room met have the hepatitis B virus, and he was told me recently , what is the hepatitis , if I have any problem with him in future what I will do I do not use his things but I have so much tension the virus transmit to me.Please tell.
I am a 21 y/o girl currently entering my final year of Engineering. Due to family problems, I have, for the past 7 years, battled with:(1) Constant thoughts of worthlessness and deep hatred towards myself; constantly blaming myself when anything goes wrong (2) Constant worrying about the future as I can not seem to find my purpose in terms of a career (3) Inability to concentrate at tasks and poor recalling ability (4) My mind getting covered by a thick "blackness" that makes me feel nauseous and make me unable to remember or understand during times of extreme stress (like exams, leading to poor grades) (5) Difficulty in articulating my thoughts (6) Loss of interest in reading and dancing, which I used to enjoy earlier and inability to maintain interest in any hobbies (7) excessive eating when feeling sad or numb (8) Feelings of intense sadness; randomly crying due to hopelessness followed by complete numbness. I was a very bright student in school but now i'm struggling to finish Engineering with decent grades. I have already gone thorough episodes in the past where situations made the above symptoms so severe that I almost attempted suicide thrice but somehow pulled myself back. My parents have always told me to become stronger and that this will pass, but I have been able to "snap out of it" despite my best efforts. I would like to know: what exactly is wrong with me? And what are the exact steps I should follow for treatment if any? Please guide me.
I am ex smoker quit about 1 month now I am felling sudden increase heart rate anxiety tension shortbretness can I go for nicotine replacement therapy.
Hello sir. I am just 24 years old. It probably being from some time I feel like that I am suffering from any health disease. Recently I got a tonsil I became so obsessed that I thought that I have a cancer I consulted a doctor he said it's a sore throat nothing to worry. Previsioulsy I was having stone in kidney. Every day I think about that I am suffering from some other disease. I work in call center. I smoke a lot and also I have immense pain in my chest and throat. Sometime I feel like I will not live for many days. One of relative died from oral cancer. And previsioulsy I used to thought I will die from heart attack. Every single day I live like it's my last day. I have turned so negative that I left my job so that I can turned normal.
I have a problem of thyroid, because of that my whole body is paining at all the time. So please tell me some solution of this problem?
I have an problem of epilepsy. I used to take medicines of valproic acid by last 10 years. In between whenever I leave this, I got fits. Now I daily take this medicine of 300 mg at night. I need to know, how can I get away from this, and will it impact on my next Gene?
I am a schizophrenia patient and addicted to tobacco. Will leaving the tobacco at one instance increase risk of pschyotic attack of schizophrenia?
My breakup with my true love last month and since then I feel very depressed and prefer keep to my self all time. Please help me.
Anxiety and stress are regular occurrences that happen to all individuals in certain situations. But if these become habitual and take place in excessive frequency, then it is symptomatic of a psychological problem. Anxiety disorders require proper treatment through counseling and therapy for leading a healthy stress-free life.
Anxiety impacts each person at a different level and is accompanied by various types of irrational phobias. Hence it differs from case to case. There are a few general types into which anxiety disorders can be categorized. Some of these types are as follows:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): This kind of anxiety is constant and vague and does not appear to stem from any specific factor. Those suffering from it are affected during all waking hours and even in sleep when it is disturbed and irregular due to unending stress.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD): A person suffering from ocd experiences uncontrollable compulsions and is unable to keep from obsessing over issues of trivial nature. This manifests itself in definite behavioral patterns which become rigid and inflexible.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): This is an extreme form of anxiety disorder that is caused when the patient experiences a traumatic event or life-threatening accident that leaves a mental scar. It takes the form of panic attacks, nightmares, sudden mental breakdowns, hyper vigilance, and excessive nervousness.
- Panic Disorder: The patients of this disorder experience sudden panic attacks which occur frequently without any specific trigger. It is also accompanied by the fear of having such attacks, as well as a fear of being in places from where it is difficult to escape in the event of an attack.
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD): Also known as social phobia, sad causes a person to be in constant fear of being negatively viewed by people. It involves constant fear of public humiliation and also gives rise to performance anxiety or stage fright.
How to Recognize An Anxiety Disorder?
There are many symptoms of anxiety disorders which have both physical and emotional symptoms. Following are the most common signs of chronic anxiety:
I am a boy of age 22, from 2 days I am having a burning feeling in my stomach n it is uncomfortable. I have had medicine bought from farmacy but still the burn is there abit bit. Wat might be the problem please help. My exams are goin on.
I have ocd problem so please tell me Dr. In which ultrasound you know baby growth is completely normal and baby don't have any mental problem.
I am a boy of 17 years old. I love to wear silky satin skirts, blouses, dresses, night dresses, bras and panties. So it's nice and feels so comfortable to wear. I just love love love to be a girl and I can't express how much I want to and love being a girl. I'm having problems like my family not giving me freedom and I don't have and monitory support. Idk what to:(feels like why am I even living. I want to go shopping and buy all my female clothing in silky satin material which makes me a compère girl:/. I really need help and feel lonely. Being a girl would complete my every to do list. I wish I was born as a girl I wouldve loved it that way.
I am suffering from depression I am worried every time my appetite has also suffered and am not able to gain weight.
I am 21 years old. Actually due to lot of stress of studies. I am not able to take proper sleep. i am only able to take 4 hours sleep. May be becoz of this my having headache full day. So what should I do ?
Mujhe kuch acha nahi lgta. Kabhi achanak acha mood. Kabhi boht bura .sub kuch honey k bwahjud bura lgta he. Hope to khtm he hogai he. Aesa lgta he jesee me kuch bhi karun to mujhe success nahi milne waali. Studies me bhii phly jesa concentration nahi raha. Abb kisi chez ki wo chahat nahi rahii. Agr koi chez nai mili to its OK keh k baat khtm krdeti hn. Brain kam nahi krta mera ab aesa feel hony laga .qke concentration dene ka dil he nahi chahta. please help me. Me Kia karun kuch samjh nahi araha.Please tell.
Hello sir/madam, I am loosing my confidence since my 2 exams are gone worst I was good in my academics but now I have no will power I am loosing control of my anger my fear level is also increasing and there is no sigh of confidence did I thinking too much? Or what even I am not able to understand pls help.
My friend is smoking marijuana from past 4 years. Now he wants to quit smoking but he can't do that. What should he do?
1. Study/read in short time intervals of 30 minutes followed by 10 minutes break where you can stretch, do rope skipping in that 10 minutes break
2. Make notes, take plenty of notes using short forms, symbols, digits etc.
3. Revise these notes periodically, preferably once every 3 days 4. Make mnemonics, use them frequently, revise frequently
5. Whenever your free, sitting idle, close your eyes & try to memorize what you have read or revised earlier in the day
6 do regular yoga & pranayama which increase your mental stability, improve neuroplasticity & thus give you better memory. Good luck!
- The Logical-Math Intelligence
- The Verbal-Linguistic Intelligence
- The Interpersonal Intelligence
- The Intrapersonal Intelligence
- The Body-Kinaesthetic Intelligence
- The Naturalistic Intelligence
- The Visual- Spatial Intelligence
- The Musical Intelligence
The multiple intelligences gives you a clear picture of the profession you should take up to keep you happy and successful.