Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhavathi M RaoYour feedback matters!
Have anybody done with wisdom teeth extraction. My 4 wisdom teeth are impacted. I saw some videos on youtube where people have great pain after extraction. I am nervous now.
Hello sir. I am just 24 years old. It probably being from some time I feel like that I am suffering from any health disease. Recently I got a tonsil I became so obsessed that I thought that I have a cancer I consulted a doctor he said it's a sore throat nothing to worry. Previsioulsy I was having stone in kidney. Every day I think about that I am suffering from some other disease. I work in call center. I smoke a lot and also I have immense pain in my chest and throat. Sometime I feel like I will not live for many days. One of relative died from oral cancer. And previsioulsy I used to thought I will die from heart attack. Every single day I live like it's my last day. I have turned so negative that I left my job so that I can turned normal.
Hi, I'm a acute transient psychosis patient diagnosed at the age of 14. Initially my dosage was very high now im 25 years old consuming 500 mg Divalporate and 50 mg Quitapin plain. Im good when I do not have any relapses and very effective. I completed B. Tech Mechanical with 60 % and got placed in a company as well. Right now im doing software courses. I have few questions: 1 .When I will get rid of my medicine? 2. With these dosage if I can act like a average person so I wonder if im not consuming these medicines I will be more effective with work as well as studies but my relapse will happen in a year or sometime after 2 years. So, is there any alternative for these medicines? 3. I visited many doctors, some say you are suffering from psychosis disorder, some say bipolar or schizophrenia, some say sleeping problems. Why this many doubts in my case. So, what exactly im suffering from? Though I consumed many dosages initially but when I was reviewed with a doctor (Psychiatrist) He advised me the doctors are giving high dosage it can be reduced to minimum. Since then im in contact with that doctor and that is how my dosage is reduced but I want to know whether it can reduced or is there any need of these medicines. I suffer from relapses in a year, sometime 2 years. I will appreciate if any psychiatrist clears my doubts. Thank you.
Homeopathy is a medical science which is used to cure diseases and is based on the principle of "like cures like". It was developed by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann who was a general physician by profession in Germany. The concept, "like cures like" may sound a bit weird but it is proved to be successful and homeopathy treatment for any ailment is preferred worldwide. Depression is a kind of mental ailment or disease which could make a person lose hope of living life and results in hopelessness and sadness.
There seems no cure to your problems. But in homeopathy we have the answer to your problem. First we need the signs and symptoms to identify depression. Homeopathy medicines are totally natural and have fewer side effects than allopathic versions.
Types of depression:
- Depression due to stress
- Depression due to menopause
- Depression due to work load
- Depression in teenagers
- Depression in old people
- Major depression
- Atypical depression
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
Symptoms of depression are:
- Feeling hopeless and sad - The first signal or symptom is feeling of hopelessness. In this, the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything - Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions which you no longer find interesting.
- Sleep irregularity - Insomnia or oversleeping. Either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry - You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Appetite problems- You either stress eat too much or too less or sometimes not at all. You are not willing to even eat your favourite dish.
- Concentration problems- You can't focus or concentrate on a particular thing for a long time.
- Frustration - You start feeling worthless and might even think of ending your life and getting out of this problem. Your behaviour changes and you can't think properly on one topic.
No need to get disheartened if the above symptoms are plaguing you, because the solution of your problem is in homeopathy. Homeopathy medicines do not have side effects and they remove the ailment from the roots. Medicines like Arsenicum Album, Ignatia, Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia help in various kinds of depressions. These should be taken in proper quantity as directed by the physician to get cured properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.