Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhanjan Kulkarni
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhanjan KulkarniYour feedback matters!
My friend got the report conclusion as below: - Mild broad posterior, right far lateral disc protrusions at L4-L5 level - Moderate right paracentral extrusion of disc material and bilateral facetal arthrosis at L5-S1 level. Is surgery required and what is the best solution for complete recovery. Currently he finds his right leg losing its strenght. Currently he is 41 years of age. Please help.
Set the mood right: 6 Indian herbs to boost sexual health
Sexual health is an often neglected area in India, due to the topic of sex being a taboo. Some studies show that your sex-drive is a reflection of your overall well-being due to its link with the other hormones in the body. All the hormones in our body collectively affect our mood, consciousness, and mental health.
Ayurveda has known the importance of sexual health since ancient times and used various herbs to not only increase sex drive but for the overall nourishment of the reproductive system.
Here is a list of the prominent herbs that are excellent for sexual health:
Also known as Indian ginseng, this is an aphrodisiac for men and increases blood flow to the reproductive organs and relaxes the nerves thereby increasing sex drive. You can take 2 gm of the powder in the evening or tablets that are available according to the dosage.
This is one of the most valuable herbal remedies which is only found in the Himalayas. It is literally the fossilized remains of medicinal plants and is found in a resinous form. Shilajit can increase sperm count in men and ovogenesis in women. The recommended dosage is 300 to 500 mg per day.
3. Hibiscus flower
Hibiscus is used for hair growth and arthritis but its petals are also a good aphrodisiac. It also contains antioxidants that fight ageing and preserve youthfulness. Have hibiscus tea like the Egyptians used to by mixing powdered hibiscus petals with tea.
Ginger stimulates blood circulation to the pelvic area and also boosts energy levels. Mix half teaspoon of grated or chopped ginger with honey and have it.
This one is more suitable for women though it has some effect on men also. It is a calming tonic that regulates the female hormones. You can boil the crushed roots on medium flame and drink the water or you can use the powdered form (3-6 gm) gradually moving towards a higher dose.
Known is English as mucuna pruriens, is one of the rare natural sources of powerful hormonally active compounds that can affect mood and mind. It stimulates the production of growth hormones, energizes the muscles and raises sex-drive in both men and women.
I am 21 years old unmarried I have tan that's why my skin appears very black how should I get fair skin with out any side effects.
Is post menopausal condition related to cardiac problems like palpitation, uneven heart beat, suppression in chest, sudden increase in heartbeat?
Makhana, also well known as 'fox nut' or 'lotus seed', has proven to be a powerhouse of healthy nutrients like vitamins, minerals and fibers; they are loaded with medical properties, are absolutely healthy for diabetic patients and those who have a history of high blood pressure.
Makhanas are the new popcorn! As they are crunchy, tasty, easy to prepare, economical and healthy.
When we think of a light evening snack, we often think of a packet of fried chips or Kurkure. However, it is high time that we think of something healthier, as we are already aware of the ill-effects of processed food all around us. So, ditch the unhealthy snack & the dangerous processed food and snack on makhanas as they are free of trans fat and are light on your tummy.
Below are 12 health benefits of makhana you should know:
- They are low in calories, fat, and sodium. Therefore are the perfect in-between-meal snack. They also make you feel full, so further cravings for binge eating are reduced.
- Their low sodium and high potassium and magnesium content make them very useful for people with high blood pressure.
- The high calcium content is good for bone and teeth health.
- Their sugar content is low, and so are highly useful for diabetics, who have the urge to eat at short intervals.
- The fox nuts have astringent properties and are useful for kidney ailments.
- People looking for weight loss should try makhana, as they are very low in calories but can fill the stomach. This helps control hunger pangs and intake of high-calorie foods.
- It is rich in fiber and so can be used in weight loss as well as for digestion problems like constipation.
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants and therefore useful in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation and stress in the body.
- In both men and women, makhana is believed to improve fertility rates. The sperm quality and quantity is believed to improve when makhana is consumed.
- Given its multiple benefits, especially calcium and iron, pregnant women are given makhana. It also helps prevent hypertension and diabetes in a pregnant woman.
- Fox nuts are believed to help get rid of insomnia.
- If addiction to coffee is your problem, try some fox nuts to get rid of the addiction.
Methods of use:
- The seeds are actually tasteless and so whether it is salt or sweet, they take on the added taste.
- Roast the seeds with a little ghee on a light flame. Sprinkle salt, and the yummy snack is good to go.
- Other spices like cinnamon or oregano can be added to suit one’s taste.
- They can also be used in sweet dishes like kheer and other desserts.
If you are looking for a super snack that is highly healthy, economical and has no hazards on your health, go ahead and grab a bowl of fox nuts!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!