Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakaran DYour feedback matters!
I am a retired person from Govt. Service and I am 59 years old male and have pain in right solder, from last 3 months and taking medicine and pain relief gel as prescribed my family doctor. Also I have BP and diabetes and taking tablets as prescribed my family doctor from last 5 years. Daily I am doing walking, exercise, and Yoga. But I am feel low satisfaction in all aspect of Health. position. What is your advice to me to follow. I kindly expect your reply. Thanking You.
Doctor, I am 35 years old Male, weight 78 kg, After doing exercise I am feeling my hand and leg joints are weak and next day the weakness is making me to avoid exercise. Kindly advice, how can I get strong joints back. Before this I suffered with stress and severe constipation for more than 6 months. Now stress levels are almost normal. Constipation came down and digestion is getting improved.
I am having an unusual pain at back please tell me how can I get rid of this soon please tell me fast.
My knee joint sounds whenever I stand or sit down. It is like when I do squats my knee sounds when I stand or go down. Sir, it is good or bad? If it is bad what should I do. Please help me.
I have a big pain in my backbone. This is not first time. It is from 2 year but after many check up no relief.
Hi, Mother is facing problem with thumb trigger. Its paining. Medicine and massage is being taken suggested by doctor. Do she need thumb splint for more comfort since the part is paining.
I have joint pain in hand and legs' finger since last 4 months because of 45 days of visit at gurgaon, haryana. I had take lots of medicine but till now I do not get relief. Please suggest me some curable advise. Thank you.
My mother is having severe leg pain from knee to bottom. Her age is 38 years, weight 64 and height 5.4. Why she gets pain.
Foot arch pain is used in broader context for describing pain in bones, ligaments, muscles and nerve on the foot bottom. Slight damage to any of the components in the foot bottom can cause great pain. For starters, the pain lasts for a brief period, but increases over time if the condition is left untreated. Foot arch pain is more commonly witnessed in people over the age of 60 and among athletes engaged in sports of high impact.
The treatment plan of the pain totally depends on the cause. An early and right diagnosis goes a long way in treating the condition faster. For occasional mild to moderate pain, simple solutions such as footwear change can do the trick. Doctors often suggest four simple methods. This starts with rest followed by applying ice and then trying compression and elevation.
Anti-inflammatory medications are used to treat foot arch pain. Cases that are severe in nature can be treated with steroid and anti-inflammatory injections. For extreme cases, cortisol injections are prescribed too. This is done to relieve pain and release plantar fascia. Even stretching exercises are known to give relief from the pain. Some of the recommended exercises during this period are:
- Stretch-related to plantar fascia: This exercise should be performed by crossing the legs at the junction of the knee. The body weight should be rested on the unaffected leg and it should gradually come down to touch the toe. The idea is to stretch the plantar fascia. A set of 20 such movements should be practised on a daily basis. Each movement should last for about 10 seconds.
- Foot flexing: This exercise can be practised before getting out of bed. This is the tie when the pain from the plantar fascia is felt the most. This exercise should be repeated 20 times each lasting for about 10 seconds.
- Rolling stretch: This exercise should be started by sitting in a chair. A tennis ball should be placed under the foot arch and the same should be rolled back and forth for ten times at a time. The same should be repeated with the second foot. Once this posture gets comfortable, the same should be practised by standing on the ball. It is known to be extremely useful for people suffering from foot arch pain.
How to prevent foot arch pain?
1. Wear shoes that are half an inch lose as they will make feel comfortable while walking
2. Losing weight; obese tends to cause pain in the foot arch
3. Performing free hand exercise and simple stretching on a daily basis
4. Not to overuse the foot. People who stand for more than 5-6 hours at stretch on a daily basis are observed to have foot arch pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
My knees are paining very much .my age was 51. From last 1 month onwards it was stated paining severely .for me English medicine will not accept .plz help me.
I am a boy of 20 years. I am super active, play football everyday and go to the gym. From few days back my legs r paining very much in the lower section when I try to sit. What do I do to cure it.
The neurologist has prescribed aten-50, cilacar-10. Rebiprazole-20, revortril0. 5 & rejunex cd3 for me for shaking of body and hypertension. Please Advise me are these medicines appropriate?
I am suffering from cough n cold. My nose is blocked for that so I can't desperate well. Also my knee is suffering from pain.
Hi I am 33 year old. I feel burning sensation in my calves and drowsiness, generally after meal and also both the condition happens in summer only. I feel sleepy even after I have slept for 8 hours in the night.
I'm having lower back pain due to which I'm not able to stand for longer time. Also, getting pain on the left side of lower abdomen. Digestion process also not happening properly. Feeling heaviness whenever have food. Is this a gastrointestinal problem or anything else? Please advise.
Sir I feel moderate pain in my back & neck & some time got neck veins twisted for seconds & soon afterwords get back to normal condition(mostly when working on Laptop).I got one stent last year.Some time I feel very little pain beneath heart also. Please advice is this the symptom of stroke?or else?
There's a wound on my knee which has not healed in weeks, because it on the knee it keeps hitting here and there, could this be an infection?
A neck strain and sprain is not a serious injury. However, they can still cause significant dysfunction and pain.
Causes of Neck Strain
The anatomy of the cervical spine is such that it not only houses, but also protects the spinal cord. Along with this it supports the head and allows it for mobility and motion. But this area, which allows the spine to be flexible can also leave it vulnerable for injury.
Triggers for the onset of neck muscle strain can be:
- Too much time spent in an uncomfortable position, such as humping over the steering wheel while driving, bending over the computer monitor, talking on the phone while placing it in the crook of the neck.
- Sleeping on a very high or too firm pillow can lead to an uncomfortable position of the head thus leading to the strain of the neck
- Carrying heavy objects on one side of the body
- Any trauma that might have impacted the neck, such as an accident, whiplash or a fall that might have had a head landing
Most events of a neck muscle strain or the soft tissue sprain, such as the tendons and ligaments lead to stiff neck along with pain in shoulders. There is also pain and difficulty in moving the neck or head.
Neck muscle strain remedies
Minor strains in the tendons, ligaments and muscles of the neck usually heal within a day or two. But till the symptoms subside, there are a few self care remedies that are effective in reducing the stiffness and pain. These are:
- Application of cold or ice packs: The cold reduces the inflammation, which in turn allows the strain to heal. This ice pack should be applied for 20 minutes interval in the first 24 hours.
- Application of heat: Heat helps in bringing the nutrient rich blood to the affected area in order to stimulate a healing response. Moist heat as well as heat from a hot shower or bath can be used. Some people might find relief from applying heat wraps such as thermacare.
- Over-the-counter or OTC medications: Anti-inflammatory medication, such as naproxen and ibuprofen reduces inflammation, thereby leading to the reduction in pain. Pain relieving medicines such as acetaminophen can also be taken as this reduces the perception of pain.
- Massage of the affected area: A gentle massage in the affected area helps in stimulating the blood flow of the area which in turn helps in a quick healing.