Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakaran DYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am having terrible pain on my foot sole. I have visited an ortho was asked to do x-ray but he said it's normal. He gave me pain killers but now it's 2 weeks and I have no relief. The pain is unbearable I am not able to walk or do any activities. Please if you can help.
From last one month I am experiencing gas formation in my stomach. Due to which I am also facing lower back pain. In my past I never had such problems.
Hi, I am a hypo thyroid patient. Struggling to lose weight from quite sometime, not getting results. I can not do heavy workouts or aerobics bcz of knee ligament injury in last year. Please suggest some measures. P.S: I am following clean eating habits with very minimal intake of outside food. And avoiding sweets and aerated drinks.
I have head pain at the posterior end for continuous 2days. Painkillers give relief for the time being? But back to the same condition after some time. What shall I do?
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention.
Related Tip: "What Does Neck and Shoulder Pain Indicate?"
I am 40 years old, I have problem of low back pain, pain shoulder, feeling very low in the morning and appetite is also not good.
I have right shoulder frozen since 16 months. Did lots of exercise but the pain did not cure. Doctor advised for MRI. Please advise.
Hi doc .I ve leg n back pain during night from the last 3 weeks. .my hemoglobin is 9.I even can't sleep becoz of it. please help.
I am aged 53 years, female, obese. My height is approx 5"4 cm. Had a total hip replacement. I need to reduce my weigh as I weigh nearly 100kg. Please advice my diet plan. I go for 30 mts morning walk daily.
I have taken treatment for Chicken Gunia 3 months ago. After 1 month of treatment most of my leg, hand and joint pains got relief. From last 10 days pains started again, when I asked few of the specialists they said pains will be their of next 3 months. Kindly suggest me on the same.
Ï an 22 year old ï an having back pain from Last 1 month. Its not two much its little little pain. As ï remember pain started when ï sleep last month on floor.
My wife is 30years old she have both kidney stones and suffering from low back pain, how can do care?
This method of ancient Unani treatment involves sucking the congested blood from inside the body to the surface of the skin through the application of heat, which results in normal blood flow and get rid of back pain.