Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar VYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my age is 44, marketing professional, now I am healthy, but I have a head ache and neck pain weekly once, it vanish after deep sleep, suggest regular food habit I am a non vegetarian once in week.
Sir I am 17 year male. I am facing a lot of problem in my voice. I have bad voice. I cannot speak aloud because my voice just slips like. I am totally unable to speak aloud. I cannot say yes sir while attendance. I do not take phone calls because my friends tols me that my voice is like female voice while talking to anyone on phone call. So please tell what to so sir. please give me solution, so that my voice gets normal. And I could came out of this problem.
I have a question that is today's milk which came from polishing bags, is good for our health or it reduce calcium content in our bones. Nowadays many people are talking about that Milk is not good for our health.
Small pores (holes ) on face due to pimples . And nightfall also occurs once in a week. Could you please help me to get rid of nightfall and make those pores invisible. Thanks in advance .
Hi! my wife, aged 61 yrs, was exposed to temperatures of minus 4 degrees last month, and, reportedly, developed' community acquired pnemonia. She was hospitalised and has been on heavy dose of antibiotics for 14 days, including 4 days through iv. She still feels discomfort/pain in her chest on the right side. A digital xray done y' day still showed patches and a' hump' on the right lung. What could be wrong and what treatment would you suggest? she' s a bariatic surgery patient since 2007.
It causes itching and burning sensation in the groin area, thigh skin folds and inner thighs and genital areas.
I have problem with my right side feet joint. Unable to walk properly. Is this because of Uric acid?
I am 42 years old man suffering initially headache and physical weakness last 9 yrs. Now I feels always depression, as well as fatigue, lack of Sleep, lack of confidence, absent minded, low mood, poor concentration, not feel fresh, irritability, aggressive, palpitations, restlessness, felling of inferiority, sexual drive also reduced, negative thinking, idea of suicide. My physical examination is normal. I have taken regular treatment from civil doctors medicine neuro and psychiatrist at many places. But till now no satisfactory improvements. Present time I live at Sriganganagar in rajasthan. Please Suggest me what do?
I am having soft pain in my legs and arms I checked the fever its normal could you please advice wht to do.
I am female 28 years recently undergone ballooning procedure for intestinal obstruction now I'm taking pantocid dsr empty stomach how long I can take it safely thanks.
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums.
I'm 24 years old and I have breathing problems while dust fall on me at any where or in cold season it comes itself. Thank you.
Sir, from last few days I'm suffering from severe headache and had not able to sleep for two days relaxly, what should I do, should try some remedies or any other thing? Please help me.
Hello my penis it should be curve my age is 24 in past I do masturbate I think so my penis it should be curve please suggest me any oil or medicine fir straight penis, increase my sex stamina.
I masturbate once daily is it harmful for future sex life .If it's harmful then how could I get rid of this.
Psoriasis is a skin condition marked by red, itchy and scaly patches on the skin although the problem of psoriasis extends to even deeper parts under the skin. People who suffer from psoriasis face an increased likelihood of contracting other serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis.
The condition has no definite cure but the symptoms can be treated and managed.
Causes of psoriasis:
The following factors are proven to have contributed to cases of psoriasis:
- HIV: Human immunodeficiency virus adversely affects the immune system and increases susceptibility of all kinds of infections and diseases. HIV-positive individuals have been found to have an increased risk of psoriasis than HIV-negative people.
- Genetics: More than 32% of the cases of psoriasis have been linked to genes. In case of identical twins, if one twin has the disease, the other has a 70% chance of getting it too. There are several genes associated with the disease and most of these genes are related to the immune system. T cells (lymphocytes which affect cell specific immunity) can also cause psoriasis.
- Medication: Antimalarial, anti-inflammatory and blood pressure medicines can cause psoriasis as a side effect. The disease is also an effect of withdrawal from topical steroid creams and other steroid-based medication.
- Other diseases: Diseases like strep throat, chronic infections, skin infections and stress may be responsible for the condition. Other factors like obesity, alcoholism, skin dryness and smoking can also lead to psoriasis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.