Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar VYour feedback matters!
Doctor, I am a 56-year-old gentleman. I have a 4-5 year history of blood sugar and diabetic conditions. I had a heart trouble in June 2014 and had a byepass surgery in July. I am in recovery phase now. I am however suffering from sexual dysfunction, precisely (1) erectile dysfunction and (2) premature ejaculation. I am also suffering from other conditions such as loss of hair, weakening of eyesite (for reading), polyurea, weight gain, leg pain near ankle (might be due to vein transplantation during byepass surgery), etc. Is there any reliable cure for ED and PME? Is it advisable to have normal sex following byepass surgery? Please inform.
Hey, I have been suffering from cough past 15 days whenever it's cures it happens again any permanent solution?
Hi, I have a problem of lot of sweat I sweat a lot more then regular even if to a room without fan is on I sweat as I went to play what should I do?
I have a Headache with all my face emits a strong heat and become red frequently in a day, advice the remedies
Hello Dr. , After few months of my mrg. My husband faced some stress. He started to do masterbation. I think this is wrong after relationship. So what should I do to stop this.
Sir, I am 56 years old women, I am suffering from constipation, kindly let me know the home remedies for above problems. Thanks and regards
How to maintain the blood pressure in age of 45. I am also a sugar patient. Day by day problem is increased. So please give the right suggestion for that Thanks.
This is regarding my brother in law. He has been experiencing seizures since childhood whenever he has a lack of sleep the previous night. Recently we got his EEG, MRI (FOR EPILEPSY PROTOCOL) and other blood tests done which was referred by Dr., Mumbai. All the tests were normal and the doctor prescribed Valprol CR 200 thrice daily for 2 years and also said that if the medicines are taken on time for the said period then the condition would be cured forever. So could you please confirm me is it true if the medications are taken on time then he would lead a seizure free life forever? Please let me know.
Hello SIr, I have a sexual problem PE and ED and also size problem please can you tell me what I do.
HI SIR, my left ear is a sound is coming when I am talking with someone, and when the function/college fest time somany people are talking and singing moment our left ear sound is" visit type loudly coming so please tell me the treat. Have I any surgery? Or medicine.
My left leg is paining too much. During riding bicycle, It is unbearable. Please help me what can I do with this.
What do to protect myself from dust allergy if live in metro city, which cause excessive sneezing and had ace.
I am having stomach pain. Mainly bcz of gas. What should I do to get immediate relief now. Please suggest.
Namaste mam, I take 6 ounces of whisky daily in between 6 pm to 8 pm and I eat lot of food after consuming alcohol is this harmful?
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.