Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar VYour feedback matters!
I used Flucos ointment for fungal infection which gave relief initially and is bothering me again. In the past I used Supristal and Actifed internally for the same problem. But they are not available in the shops now. Please suggest what medicine can be taken as substitutes for these two. I am not a diabetic or hypertensive.
I'm 26 single. I have done sex with 2 persons without protection before 2 yrs. Now i'm in contact with a married person who have a 2 year baby without any protection. If I get married, will I suffer from any diseases (HIV).
There are various type of nosebleed that can be caused by a variety of conditions. While some of them may not be too serious, one must never ignore heavy and persistent nosebleed. Nosebleeds are of two kinds: anterior nosebleed and posterior nosebleed. While 90% of all nosebleeds are anterior nosebleeds, the posterior nosebleeds are far less common and may be slightly more serious in nature. An anterior nosebleed is usually caused in the blood vessels that lie on the front portion of the nose and can be controlled easily. A posterior nosebleed usually comes from damage to an artery in the rear portion of the nose. Infection, trauma, allergic reactions and other such causes may be behind a nosebleed.
Let us cast a glance on the tips to prevent nosebleeds.
- Salt water and saline nose drops can be used in order to prevent nosebleeds. It is important to take these on a regular basis in case you are experiencing these nosebleeds on a regular basis.
- You can also consult doctor, who may prescribe blood thinners so that the blood does not clot and lead to a nosebleed. You will need to ensure that you take such medication only when the doctor prescribes the same.
- The use of painkillers like Aspirin and other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs must be limited. Sometimes, taking such medication too frequently may lead to nosebleeds.
- You would do well to control your blood pressure because hypertension and other forms of high blood pressure can also cause nosebleeds. Lifestyle changes like your diet and exercise can help in keeping a more stable blood pressure level so that you do not fall prey to frequent nosebleeds.
- Humidify your home with a humidifier so that the air does not get too dry. Many times, this causes nosebleeds. Also, you may want to keep the heat down in the bedrooms. Many nosebleeds happen due to too warm temperatures while you are sleeping.
- Nose picking should also be discouraged as it can lead to nosebleeds in case there is a scratch or any other kind of damage when you try to force the dirt out.
- It has also been found that smoking has a connection with nosebleeds. This can be fixed if the patient quits smoking.
- One should not use nasal sprays without a prescription from a doctor. This also includes antihistamines, decongestants as well as other medicated sprays. These may not suit the patient at all times, and may also lead to nosebleeds.
In the event of a nosebleed, you will need to lean forward with your head tilted backwards. This will stem the bleeding. If it is possible, you must also try and lie down immediately for a few minutes.