Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
I am 34 male, suffering from heel pain. When I woke up in the morning and having after some resting position the pain is so much. Some Doctors said its because of Uric acid level high in the blood. My Uric acid level is 7.3 and I am taking the medicine allopurinol 300 mg tablets. And another doctor gave me Meloxicam 15 mg. Is consumption of this medicine will have any side effect on kidneys? Please suggest. I am suffering from this pain more than two years and met with six doctors upto now and not find final solution for the pain. I am having so much difficulty to walk and I have left all the food that contains purines. Uric acid shall be removed by the kidneys right, are my kidneys having problem in functioning to remove excess uric acid from my blood. Shall I have kidney function test? Please help me. I can not take it more. please suggest me which doctor shall I have to meet for the medication.
I have a spinal cord injection during the suction evacuation on 30 march. Now I have headache and back pain I can not sit because it increase when sitting or standing. What can I do.
I have shoulder and upper back pain. Doctor has recommended me 1.) Pantoprazole Tablet 2.) Myospaz Forte 3.) Systaflam Gel.
Sir, I had feels like pain in left pelvis bone. I feels scared sir when I push the left pelvis bone at one tip of left is only paining.
I am mithilesh Kumar from bihar, have wrinkle in leg in night always. And severe pain offer. What should I do.
When you get a fracture, a lot of pain and a lot of suffering is all you can imagine. But you have to take care of these 5 things to get a good healing in place.
1. Give it some rest. A lot of rest. Give yourself a break from all the household chores, from your work life and take a nice month off. Sleep well and just let your body experience healing holistically.
2. Apply ice immediately if you suspect an injury. As soon as you sustain an injury and you think it could be a fracture, apply cold pack. This limits the inflammation around the bone and allows skin and structures to permit healing process. Also it prevents nerve compression damage.
3. Avoid weight bearing or any pressure on the broken bone. This is a non-negotiable part of healing that your bone doctor will also advice you surely. This will only increase swelling and hamper the development process. So take care to avoid any stress to your injured part and body.
4. Eat healthy foods rich in calcium. The bones need calcium and vitamin D to aid in the repair process. Using up all the calcium and vitamin D stored up, makes the body's stores depleted. Hence make sure to check your Calcium & Vitamin D levels to make sure that wasn't the cause of the fraccture in the first place. A few examples of calcium rich foods are eggs, milk and milk products, lentils and beans, legumes like spinach and salads. Include a good amount of Vitamin C also such as in citrus fruits.
5. Take your pills. If your orthopedic has prescribed pills to you for the fracture, you should take them. Very often I have seen patients avoiding pain killers to make the side effects less, but what it does is only harm. You should know that pain killers or NSAIDs(non-steroidal anti-inflammatroy drugs) that are most commonly prescribed after fractures are to reduce your inflammatory response. This means that the pills help your body fight off too much bleeding and allow a fast recovery, so don't shy away from them.
Joint and muscle pain arises when excess pressure is exerted on a particular joint or due to the wear and tear of a particular muscle. This is one area where many people face chronic pain, with symptoms such as deformity of the joints, swelling, immobility of the joints and severe joint pain. There are a lot of topical as well as oral medicines for chronic pain within conventional medicine, but it may not always be effective for all types of patients.
Homeopathy has been known to provide effective cures for many types of muscle and joint related ailments.
Let's first look at the common causes for muscle and joint pain related problems:
- Sports related injuries
- Vehicular accidents such as a car or bike accidents
- Bad postures or habits
- Other underlying physical or medical conditions
So what are the ways in which homeopathy can cure certain conditions and alleviate pain in patients?
- Arthritis: One of the most common problems that many people report is that of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, which causes a lot of pain in many people. In many cases, the use of Natrum Muriaticum and Bryonia has been known to allay the pain.
- Moving and shifting joint or muscle pains: Many patients have this problem where they face joint or muscle pain but instead of it being constant in one area, it moves around the body. Pulsatilla is known to effectively reduce the symptoms in these cases.
- Tennis elbow or tendon related problems: This is a common ailment, which in many cases is caused by strenuous activities, such as sports. Rhus tox has been known to be effective in such cases.
- Muscular conditions: There are many muscle-related conditions such as fibromyalgia and fibrositis among others have also been reduced after the usage of Rhus tox.
Homeopathic medicines like Medorrhinum, Ruta, Formica Rufa, Arnica, Symphytum and a few others are useful for treating such conditions, depending upon the exact symptoms and causes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hello doctor, I have done my bone screening. In my reports there is phosphorus increased 6.1 and Alkaline phosphates also increase 152. Calcium is normal 8.9. Please explain what are the causes of increasing phosphorus and Alkaline phosphates and what are the solutions to make up these in level. Please suggest the medicines too. Thanks.
I am 57 years old gentleman. I am getting pain on the right foot especially on the heel. It is there for the last two months. What should I do? I am not diabetic or hypertension case.
Sir you tell solutions for my leg which are very painful when I walk and in the morning its very panic.
Last month while playing football I got hit on my ribs, since then I feel pain. Over the time the pain has lessen down but then too cannot neglect it. What can be the reason?
After chicken gain my husband is suffering from joint pain since last month what to do or eat to get relived from severe joint pain.
Hi I am female i am 34 year i am sticking work in sticking machine for last 10year I have full hand problem some times its over pain and blood is not moving in our hand so please give
Sir I'm 30 years old male. I'm experiencing pinching pains on the tip of my fingers and arms on a daily basis which will last for some minutes. I'm diagnosed with vitamin d deficiency. Can this be the cause.
Respected doctor: My wife got positive in test of HLA B5 and B51 And got negative in ANA and RA test but still inflammation in joints is it's curable or have to take medication for life time?
Living with Joint Pains and Arthritis
Joint pains is one of the most common and painful health condition. Living with joint pains is not easy. Ayurvedic remedies therapies, treatments, herbs and home remedies have been providing relief since ages.
Ayurvedic view of Joint Pains and Arthritis
According to Ayurvedic understanding, joint pains develop mainly due to accumulated toxic matter which further results in imbalance of the three doshas. Due to weakness of the gastric fire or the agni, when the food remains undigested, then the undigested juice (Ama rasa) intermingles with the vitiated doshas viz.Vata, Pitta and Kapha. This results in causing pain and inflammation in the joints and thus production of the disease of joint pains and arthritis.
Joint Pains Symptoms
Joint pains may show symptoms like – Tenderness and enlargement of the joint with limitation of its movements. There generally is pain in the affected joints, which increases on movement and decreases with rest. Joint pains are generally accompanied by joint stiffness and wasting of the muscles. The pain might increase with change in the weather. Also, in joint pains there is loss of flexibility, grating sensation and bone spurs may emerge. The ailment of joint pains and arthritis may also include symptoms like anorexia, weakness, loss of weight and difficulty in movement of the joints as the disease progresses.
Knee Joint Pains
The knee joint pains are one of the most common and dreaded joint pains which are much weakening and distressing. These joint pains are mainly the form of osteo-arthritis which is a degenerative joint disease due to the lack of lubricating (Synovial) fluid in the joints, leading to the damage in cartilage, bone, joint capsule, ligaments and muscles. In Ayurveda, this medical condition is described as Sandhi Vata. It is a Vata Dosha disorder affecting joints, mainly Knees, where the vata dosha gets aggravated and dries up the Kapha (Synovial fluid-Shleshak Kapha) in the joints. This causes roughening of the smooth surfaces of the joints and later, bone rubs on bone and movements become painful. Although, the modern medicines rests on relieveing the pain with pain killers, but in Ayurvedic treatments for joint pains and osteo arthritis there are long lasting results with least side effects.
This must be understood that the disease of joint pains particularly the knee joint pains, the condition gradually worsens if not properly taken care of. Therefore timely relief with Ayurvedic treatments is the way out.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Joint Pains
Ayurveda medicine is rich natural source of herbs and herbo-mineral products that ensure sufficient relief from problems of joint pains and arthritis. A number of herbs like Garlic, Ginger, Guggulu, Turmeric, Bishop’s weed, Shilajit, Rasna, Nirgundi etc have been recommended time and again in Ayurveda text so as to attain relief from joint pains. Also, combinations of herbs like Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus ), Bala(Sida Cordifolia) , Eranda (Ricinus Communis) Medicated ghee , Sallaki ( Boswellia serrata) , Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) etc are generally given to the patient suffering from joint pains. Of these, Guggulu is one herb I would like to emphasize on that is highly popular Ayurveda drug of choice for joint pains.
Ayurvedic Cures for Joint Pains
Surprisingly, people in most part of the world have not recognized one of the most ancient and powerful systems, Ayurvedic approach to joint pains and arthritis gives excellent results when treated at regular intervals with the detox (Panchakarma) and Rejuvenation therapies combined with internal medications. At Indus Valley Ayurvedic centre, there are a number of Ayurvedic cures, Ayurvedic treatments and therapies for joint pains and related ailments. These are designed to help you recover from the joint pains as well as keep the ailment of arthritis away. The lifestyle modifications with Yoga and Ayurvedic diet will significantly increase the quality of life by reducing pain. We receive patients from over 50 countries and many come each year regularly. Undergoing Ayurveda therapies once a year provides excellent relief.
Yoga for Joint Pains
Yoga asanas and Yoga techniques like Pranayama (Deep Breathing techniques), Physiotherapy and Aqua Yoga are beneficial add-on therapies for joint pains. Therapeutic Yoga as is being practiced and taught at Indus Valley Ayurvedic centre comprises of a wide range of mind and body practices, from postural and breathing practice to deep relaxation and mediation. It acts as a conventional supportive medical treatment. This is particularly recommended for those suffering from joint pains as these yoga techniques aim at providing holistic treatment to the health ailments of joint pains and arthritis at the same time provides with much needed mental relaxation for stress management and positive mental attitude to help you in living with joint pains.