Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar KsYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years male. I had sex with unknown woman in past years and 7 months before and wants to test now whether I am hiv positive or not and want to rule it out which test do you suggest. I had fever for 3 weeks continuously and diarrhea at that time. Almost lost 9 kgs of weight in 3 months and night sweats and white patch on middle tongue came and disappeared. Hot feeling inside chest and stomach and hot air continuously for 2 months. Which tests are better Antibody tests which detects antibodies or pcr tests which detect virus directly from blood. Bcoz some people say that hiv virus can't be detected in some people in certain circumstances in antibody tests and after infecting for years when aids progress and people don't know their status bcoz of no symptoms and they can pass it to do many people. I had antibody 4th gen eclia tests after 6 months and are non reactive and dna pcr negative at 7th month, despite that is it necessary to take Rna pcr test? What would doctors suggest to completely rule out hiv thoughts from a patients mind? please give a helpful suggestion .thank you doctors.
Hello docs I wana discuss about problem regarding my husband we are married from last two years n had a great sex life but from last few months I dnt know whats wrong but aftr ejaculating for the first time he does not get again arouse 2 nd time its happening frm last few months n first time he hardly stools fr a min not more than that he got stone problem n few months back he got operated is this the reason for his issue pls help.
Does regular masturbation cause hairloss in teens. And are there any benefits of doing it regularly.
Instead reaching this age still my penis is small in size rather than the normal size it must be in this age. Can this thing be cured or treated by natural or medication methods?
I had sex on April 20 with protection and I'm facing spotting on may 10th. Does it mean I'm pregnant? I did use a condom.
I have been suffering from pain a very big pain in my mouth with a small part and how can I decrease my mouth pain by using tablets.
She is having pain in stomach n bleed during stool whats the reason behind it and give me the direction and solutions regarding this Thanks to you Please reply soon.
Diabetes mellitus (DM), ordinarily known as diabetes, is a collection of metabolic diseases, in which there are high glucose levels over a drawn out period. Side effects of high sugar include regular urination, expanded thirst and increased hunger. On the off chance if left untreated, diabetes can bring about numerous complicated situations. Diabetes is caused due to the fact that either the pancreas are not delivering enough insulin or the cells in the body are not reacting legitimately to the insulin produced.
Counteractive action and treatment include keeping up a healthy routine, customary physical activity, a typical body weight and avoiding usage of tobacco. Control of blood pressure and proper maintenance of feet is important to individuals with the infection.
The usual side effects of untreated diabetes weight reduction, polyphagia (expanded yearning), polyuria (increased urination) and polydipsia (expanded thirst). A few different signs and indications can check the onset of diabetes despite the fact that they are not particular to the ailment. Notwithstanding the known ones above, they incorporate foggy vision, weariness, moderate mending of cuts, headaches and irritated skin. Various skin rashes that can happen in diabetes commonly known as diabetic dermatomes.
In order to prevent diabetes, changes in the dietary routine are highly recommended. This includes the maintenance of a diet rich whole fibers and grains and the polyunsaturated fats found in nuts, vegetable oils, and fish. Reducing sugary refreshments and eating less red meat and different sources of immersed fat can likewise anticipate diabetes. Active smoking is additionally connected with an expanded danger of diabetes. Therefore, reduction in smoking is advised.
Being a chronic disease, except in very specific situations, there is no known cure for diabetes. Management of diabetes focuses on keeping glucose levels as near to normal, without bringing on low glucose. This can more often than not be achieved with a sound eating routine, exercise, weight reduction, and utilization of proper drugs. Being informed about the disease and effectively taking an interest in the treatment is essential, since inconveniences are far less normal and less serious in individuals who have very much well maintained glucose levels.
Individuals with diabetes can profit by educating themselves about the disease, treatment and good nutrition to accomplish a typical body weight and work out, with the objective of keeping both short and long term blood glucose levels within adequate limit. In order to control blood pressure, lifestyle modifications are recommended.
I am 33 year old man suffering from diabetes from 15 years. Sometimes my vision gets blurred and get okay after sometime. Please advise.
My leg foots are getting red. Don't what happened. And going for urine daily lot of time and loosing wait also wats the problem.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
My friend feels very cold even in summer after some moments have temperature when he check with thermometer it shows normal reading. please suggest what to do?
There’s a lot that nutritionists around the world don’t agree on, but most of them advise you to have more vegetables than fruits and more water- based vegetables like bottle gourd in summers.
Let’s take a look at why this is so.
- Bottle gourd keeps you hydrated and cool in summers: Bottle guard has always been regarded as one of the healthiest vegetables, and for a reason. This versatile vegetable is full of about 92 % water and minerals and is the best that nature can offer to keep your body hydrated and cool. It’s a good idea to have bottle gourd or ‘lauki’ as a juice because cooking deactivates the minerals and vitamins found in it. The juice keeps your stomach cool and reduces body heat or ‘pitta’. You can also eat boiled lauki with curd to get its cooling benefits. This vegetable helps replenish the water lost due to sweating during summers and is also a great remedy for any kind of heat-related ailment like nose bleeding, pimples or ulcers according to Ayurveda.
- Helps control weight: It helps control weight as Bottle gourd is excellent for you if you are trying to lose weight. The vegetable is packed with fibre which helps in keeping you full for longer, thus reducing food cravings that make you pile on the kilos. It is also a low-calorie vegetable with no fat and thus helps you lose weight too. Bottle gourd is prescribed by Ayurvedic medicine to reduce flab as fibre is the key to weight -loss.
- Storehouse of essential vitamins and minerals: Bottle gourd contains essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C, B, K, A, E, Iron, Folate, Potassium and Manganese. These play a critical role in metabolism and body functions.
- Treats urinary tract infections: Freshly made bottle guard juice mixed with lime juice is one of the best natural remedies for treating pesky UTIs.
- Cure for stomach problems: Bottle gourd helps in curing constipation and also treats diarrhea. This is due to the fact that the vegetable contains a lot of water and fibre which helps in cleaning your digestive track and allows easy bowel movement. One of the best home remedies for treating diarrhea is to drink bottle gourd juice with a pinch of salt. This helps in maintaining the electrolyte balance of your body, as well.
- Bottle gourd helps in controlling diabetes: Bottle gourd juice is also beneficial for diabetic patients as it stabilizes blood sugar levels and maintains optimum blood pressure. The best time to have it is in morning before breakfast to reap this benefit. Also, take care to consume the juice immediately as it oxidizes quite fast. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.