Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar BYour feedback matters!
I have a dark circles so how can I reduce it. I have tried many ways and even medicine but none of them works.
My mother has brown spots on face, she used many cream and also many natural remedies but there is no change, please suggest a effective way to remove this.
Hello 17 years old. I'm suffering from chapping of lips (white layer forms). I tried using lip balm which has wheatgerm oil. Also vaseline petroleum jelly. Though it makes the condition of lips good and clean. But only for temporary. Purpose. I don't want prevention for chapping of lips. I WANT CURE. I used to lick my lips continuously. But I stopped it. But this white layer forms again and again. Please guide me how to get "CURED" waiting for your reply. Thank you.
Hi, My age is 26 years. I have a problem on my face. One of my friend suggested me melacare cream so now I need to stop the cream if I stop the cream my face is too black I am scaring to see my face so please suggest for me without any side effects and remove the blackness on my face please.
I had taken mammography of both breasts because of pain this is the impression of report I got (Complex cysts are noted in both the breasts, benign calcification in right breast, Birads-2)
I have skin problem so pls solution me I want fair and rich loOK skin, my skin is dull. And oily pimple wrinkle my age 22 yr.
I am 29 year old male and I have a oily skin with pimples and black spots of pimples I have tried so many thinks even consult the skin specialist but it still coming on my face what should I do to get rid of this pimples and black-spot permanently.
5 Ways to prevent skin conditions in athletes
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated.
Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
1. Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
2. Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
3. Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
4. Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
5. Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions. So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure that you never use sandpaper or bleach simply to pass a skin check up.
Related Tip: Quickie Home Remedies for Skin Allergies