Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. PoovammaYour feedback matters!
My wife she is 48 years now. She is complaining of severe pain in her Right side Breast. Also she is going through mane pause. What is the reason & to whom shall I take her for check up.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. My question is that does adrenal gland cancer also reduces testicle size?
I feel like something is stuck in my throat. I can not burp when I lie down. But when I sit straight, gas comes out. And it has been like 1.5 months now. But now its starting to pain. What is the reason? Is it oesophageal cancer? But sometime when I burp, food comes out. Also very rarely when I burp sometimes. I can feel pain on my chest. What is happening? Am I dying? Is it severe? Is it serious?
Hi, I am from coimbatore ,My brother is in Trichy and his age is only 23 and he is suffering from cancer in liver and it is occupied by 22.4 cm in his liver .can it be cured ?pls help my brother and suggest me any good doctors and treatment and place were to consult doctor?
Hai, my mother is currently suffering from breast cancer where under several test .Today she got confirmed on additional of tuberculosis when a surgery was performed at her neck side.Can i know what after this,what wud be my mother's upcomming treatment.?
What are the symptoms seen in people affected with blood cancer and in how many weeks it starts becoming serious?
My friend is 24 yrs female unmarried, she feels as if she got some lumps in her breasts, is there any other symptom that it would be a breast cancer, or it would be some other problem, please give suggestions, she is afraid a lot.
What are the symptoms of brain cancer and is its treatment is available in modern world technologies?
My mother got a small wound inside the left chest in 2012. Doctor did operation for that n removed the waste piece which has formed. She used medicines for 11months. Then stopped using medicines. Now 4months back repeated the same. cancer tests n all did in NRI hospital. Report was gud. It is not cancer. Again they did operation and removed that wound ball. Is this repeats like this? What is the permanent cure for this? She has diabetes since her 38years age only, b. P. From 1yr. Please give me the correct solution.
I'm 17 and this is not a fraud question. My nipples become stiff and erect when they are squeezed or felt cold. This make me hard to wear thin cloths as they can be seen. How can I remove this erectness of my nipples Please.
I am suffering from prostatitis infection. I take 3 months of ofloxion 400 mg. 1 month levofloxion. 2 months of doxycycline. 1 month of clotrimazole. And 3 months of linezolid 500 mg. suddenly one night me legs is dead. Next day I go to doctor but he not know what happen to me.
My sister is 32 year old, she was diagnosed with low grade dcis in Feb 2016. Her lump was on the breast which was removed surgically. She also took 4 chemo and 31 days radiation. She successfully completed her treatment. Then Dr. Prescribed her tamoxifen meds. Her entire treatment ended in august 2016. Now just few days back (20th oct 2016) she got another lump on the same breast, on 8th she had done mammography test which was clear. What is the possibility that 'C' has reoccurred? We are in deep tension, please help Dr. Feeling scared.
Regular medical checkups and tests can be very helpful in prevention of cancer and growth of malignant cells or tumours. With the increase in the rates of cervical cancer, gynaecological checkups are of utmost need. For effective cervical cancer prevention, Pap smear bears the maximum number of success rates.
Pap smear is a medical procedure that helps to detect cancer or signs of other cervical infections. The Pap smear test however cannot detect ovarian cell cancer or uterine cancer. It is known to detect changes only in the vaginal cells and cervical dysplasia. Cervical dysplasia refers to the growth of pre-cancerous cells.
How this test is conducted?
1. Pap smear is conducted when the woman is not menstruating.
2. An instrument called speculum is inserted into one’s vagina to be able to access the cervix more easily.
3. Pap smear involves the collection of sample cells from the outer cervix area.
4. Cervical brush is inserted into the speculum and the sample cells are collected.
5. Then, the samples are put on a glass slide for further evaluation.
6. The Pap smear procedure takes only a few minutes bu can prevent serious medical problems in the long run.
7. The Pap smear is not a painful procedure, though it may be slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes only.
Who can undergo Pap smear?
1. Women can undergo Pap smear procedures once they are of 21 years of age and are generally sexually active
2. Women can go for pap smears up to the age of 70
3. Pap smears should be conducted preferably every two or three years
4. Women aged 65 and above and who have had no abnormalities in the last three consecutive tests, may stop taking pap smears
5. Before undergoing the test, it is important to stop douching and using vaginal creams for at least 2 days.
6. If there has been a case of multiple and frequent change of sexual partners, then you must go for Pap smear frequently
7. Women with weak immune system and who bear the risk of HIV Aids
8. Women who are heavy smokers