Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poovamma
Submit a review for Dr. PoovammaYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old, female. In my anal area 2 lumps create problem to me. After 3 or 4 months bleed from rectum when stool is went out. It is dark red, no pain at that time, just feel weakness and have seen darkness around eye side. All time feel vomiting tendency. Weight is normal. Am I suffering colon cancer? if I operate it, may it spread?
Scenario one: Mr PS, 35 years old, married for 5 years, now planning to have a child, suddenly felt that his erection of penis is not as good as it was earlier. initially he tried medicines shown in TV and newspaper and then many treatments through internet. but his problems persisted. Finally when he came to doctor, he was diagnosed to have ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION. Finally after checking, when doctor advised him blood test, it revealed high blood sugar and then he was advised anti-diabetic drugs. After starting this, his sexual performance improved much better.
So, what went wrong? Erectile dysfunction may be an early indication of diabetes. So, if you feel such probems, never ignore it and never feel ashamed to talk to doctor. If you try medicines shown in TV/ newspaper, your problem will persist and the diabetes may go to such point that your life will be threatened. So, never ignore such problem, however embarrasing it might be.
Scenario two: Mrs AM, a 42 years old lady having two children, gradually feeling of low sexual urge. Her husband tried many things but nothing worked. She also had repeated attacks of vaginal infections. After trying many things by themselves, they consulted doctor. And the cause of her LOW SEX DRIVE and VAGINAL INFECTION was found to be uncontrolled diabetes. And the story was same. She was put on insulin therapy and her conditions improved. But if she came earlier, she could have avoided insl=ulin therapy.
So, if any male or female is experiencing low sex desire, he or she should not try various types of treatments by themselves. Proper diagnosis is necessary, so that life threatening diseases are not missed. And as you all know, diabetes can sometimes be life-threatening. So, just imagine, a situation for which you feel embarrassed to talk to doctor, can endanger your life.
Scenario three: Mr MQ, a 30 years old male, is feeling pain and discomfort during intercourse and also sometimes during urination. He thought it may solve automatically after marriage. But it did not. And then he also had bleeding sometimes during intercourse and the pain increased. When he presented to doctor, doctor diagnosed it as a case of tight foreskin or PHIMOSIS. And the next day blood sugar was found to be very high. He was cured by circumcission after controlling blood sugar level with insulin. But after that he was found to have problems in retina and kidney. These are all because of diabetes. had he not ignored Phimosis, he could have avoided these complications of diabetes (retinopathy and nephropathy).
So, if you feeel any problems, particularly infections in private parts, do not ignore them Consult doctor and try to find out the cause.
Scenario four:. Mrs AR, 32 years female, having REPEATED MISCARRIAGE in previous three pregnancies. No apparent cause was found. Then blood sugar test was done properly and she was found to have very high blood sugar. Then she was advised to avoid pregnancy until sugar was controlled. She follwed the advice and then conceived fourth time when blood sugar was normal. Then she delivered a baby who was totally normal.
So, if any couple is experiencing repeated miscarriage, they should test for diabetes first.
So, never feel that diabetes is merely a disease of sugar. It can affect every organ and system. So, if you feel any problems in personal or conjugal life, however embarrasing to you it might be, never feel ashamed, rather consult doctor and have proper diagnosis done. A stich in time saves nine.
If you are concerned about liver cancer, you should know that most people do not experience signs and symptoms of the cancer in the early stages. Liver cancer is a form of cancer which occurs in the cells of the liver. There are various types of cancer which can develop in the liver. Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is the most common liver cancer which begins in the hepatocyte, which is the main liver cell.
Usually there are no specific primary stage symptoms of liver cancer. Some symptoms which may develop include the following:
Unusual weight loss is observed
Loss of appetite and developing food aversion
Pain in the upper abdomen
General weakness with intense fatigue
Swelling in the abdomen
The skin may become yellow
White and chalky stools are likely
In most cases, the causes of liver cancer cannot be clearly determined. In some cases, the cause is known, such as chronic infection with the hepatitis virus, which may lead to liver cancer. Liver cancer occurs when the liver cells undergo changes or mutations in their DNA structure. DNA mutations lead to changes in instructions of chemical processes taking place in the body. The cells may grow out of control and develop into a cancerous tumour.
There are several factors which enhance the risk of liver cancer. They are as follows:
A progressive and irreversible condition known as cirrhosis leads to scar tissue formation in the liver, increasing the risk of liver cancer.
Certain inherited liver diseases such as Wilson’s disease and hemochromatosis also increase the chances of liver cancer.
People with diabetes are also at a greater risk of having liver cancer.
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), which is the accumulation of fat in the liver, also increases the chances of getting this condition.
Excessive alcohol consumption is another factor which causes irreversible damage to the liver and the chances of getting liver cancer get boosted.
Exposure to aflatoxins, which are poisons produced by molds growing on poorly stored crops, make you more likely to get liver cancer.
Several tests and procedures are carried out for the diagnosis of liver cancer. These include blood tests for diagnosing liver function problems, and imaging tests such as ultrasound, CT scan and MRI scan.
I'm a 20 year old female and for the last 5-6 years (since I was about 14) I've been experiencing constant left breast pain. The pain can always be felt to some degree, although some days it's worse than others. The breast feels bigger and fuller than the right one and is painful, especially when I'
What are the symptoms of cancer how we can far it away from us. How many cancer patients approximately in the world?
Hello sir/Madam, Am dastageer I just want to no there is any hospital which provide blood cancer treatment for free of cost. In karnataka.
Lung cancer is caused by disorderly growth of uncommon cells which line the air passage, usually starting off in a single or both lungs. The irregular cells do not mature into healthy lung tissue but instead divide speedily and result in tumor formation.
Causes behind lung cancer:
- Smoking: This is considered as the most significant source of lung cancer. As reported by multiple researches and studies, cigarettes contain over 4,000 chemicals, most of which are cancer causing agents. Active smoking is one of the major causes of lung cancer but what may come to you as a surprise is that extended periods of passive smoking is also a major factor.
- Pollution and Exposure: There is high risk of lung cancer development when there is occupational exposure to pollution by chemicals released from industrial factories. Chemical exposure of this kind refers to prolonged exposure over quite few months or years. Some examples of these chemicals are asbestos, diesel exhaust among many others.
- Radioactive Gas: Radioactive gases naturally occur in small masses present in all soils and rocks. However, if you breathe in radioactive gases your lungs will damage and may cause the development of abnormal tissue which can cause lung cancer.
- Family history: A family history of cancer, especially lung cancer will also put you at high risk of developing lung cancer.
Treatment methods of lung cancer:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a method in which drugs are injected through veins in your arm (intravenously) or orally or in a combination of both. These drugs kill cancer cells and help to stop it from spreading any further as well.
- Clinical Trials: These trials are experimental lung cancer treatment studies. You may have to try out this clinical therapy if other treatment methods aren’t working and only if you are accepted into it.
- Surgery: A surgeon will help remove affected areas of the lung including cancerous tumors via surgery. The surgeon may need to remove parts of the lung along with the cancerous growth. In certain cases, one side of the lung may also be completely removed to stop the spread of the malignant tissue.
- Radiation Therapy: This is a therapy where high energy electromagnetic waves are passed through your body to destroy cancer cells with the help of high-powered energy beams.
Can you prevent lung cancer?
- Nutrition -- A healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables may also help reduce your risk of lung cancer. Some evidence suggests that a diet high in fruits and vegetables may help protect against lung cancer in both smokers and non-smokers. But any positive effect of fruits and vegetables on lung cancer risk would be much less than the increased risk from smoking.
- Exercise -- Even moderate amounts of exercise can aid in lung cancer prevention. Studies suggest that even something as simple as gardening twice a week is associated with a lower risk of developing lung cancer.
- Smoking Habits -- If you stop smoking before a cancer develops, your damaged lung tissue gradually starts to repair itself. No matter what your age or how long you’ve smoked, quitting may lower your risk of lung cancer and help you live longer.
- Avoidance of Air Pollution -- Long-term exposure to ambient air pollution and, in particular, particulate matter with absorbed polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and other genotoxic chemicals has been suspected to increase the risk for lung cancer. So, avoid air pollution as much as possible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!