Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poornima.s.mYour feedback matters!
I am M, 34 years old. I have fungal infection on my left leg (only finger area ). The nails never grow.
I have pimples on my face, and the major problem is the marks after those pimples. Please tell ne the cure of pimples and marks too.
Hello Doctor, I'm 39 years old unmarried female. I have hair loss, blamises on my face, my lips gets dry and white even after having sufficient water. Now I have realized my toes nails are getting blue/black and peeling of after few months. Please advice me. Thanks.
Acne, also known as pimples, is a skin disorder caused due to inflammation in the skin's hair follicles and sebaceous glands. Acne may also cause permanent scars on your skin. It usually occurs in teenagers going through puberty due to the production of high levels of hormone that clog pores. Many women also get premenstrual acne which, as the name suggests, are caused after ovulation due to excessive release of progesterone. Most pimples are found on the face, shoulders, back, chest and neck. Apart from hormones, pimples are also caused due to genes, amassing of dead skin cells, bacteria, birth control pills, certain medications, greasy medication and so on. Although acnes do not pose a serious risk to your health, it may cause scars and look displeasing. There are many different types of acne such as acne vulgaris, baby acne, acne rosacea, acne cosmetic, chloracne, acne medicamentosa, etc.
Homeopathy and Acne:
Since the causes of acne in people vary from person to person, homeopathy treatment for acne is one of the best options as the remedy for acne is individualized to the person. Homeopathy has a great success rate when it comes to removing pimples and eliminating the chances of reoccurrence. Homeopaths prescribe the treatments depending on the symptoms. Mentioned below are a few homeopathic treatments for acne.
- Sulphur: Sulphur is the most common homeopathic treatment for acne, especially if the skin condition is chronic. Apart from clearing your acne and giving you a glowing skin, sulphur also helps to remove your tendency to develop acne. It clears acne within a few months. Sulphur is usually the first choice because it treats almost all types of acne.
- Hepar Sulph: Pustular acne is the type of acne which is painful to touch and contains pus. They bleed easily and are very sensitive; usually forming a cluster on the forehead with discharges.
- Calcarea Sulph: Calcarea Sulph is used to treat severe cystic acne. This acne persists for weeks and heals at a very slow pace, following which, a creamy and yellowish pus is drained. These types of pimples are mainly found on the face, near the hairline as well as ears. Calcarea sulph is a very effective treatment.
Sir I have chicken pox marks on my face from the past 2 months pls recommend a effective cream/ointment to remove marks pls.
Dermal or skin fillers are natural or synthetic substances that are used to make a particular area on the face look plump, in other words 'fill' the skin produce younger looking, firmer, plumper skin. Usually used as injections, they plump up the skin just enough to make the wrinkle or the fine lines disappear. While Botox is also used as an injection, its intended use and area of use is different from fillers. Botox is most often used in the outer corners of the eyes and around the forehead.
Fillers are used in other areas mentioned below:
- The laugh lines or the nasolabial folds, lines that run from the nose to the mouth. Fillers can help smooth out the creases and add volume to this area.
- It can make the cheeks look fuller and provide a youthful appearance. Especially in the lower cheek areas, the fat pads shift constantly giving a hollowed out appearance. Fillers can be used in this area to produce younger appearance with fuller cheeks
- The undereye area, where there are depressions or hollows can produce a sagging, elderly look. Fillers used here can improve the appearance markedly
- Even out scars resulting from chicken pox or chronic acne
- Even out irregularities due to shifting fat pads, especially in the temple area or the lower cheek areas.
- Adding volume to thin lips, which again can make one appear old and aged
- Smoothing out vertical lines around the lip edges, which again produce an elderly appearance
These are some uses of dermal fillers. As mentioned, they can be natural or synthetic substances.
Natural fillers usually has hyaluronic acid and is usually effective immediately, but last for about 6 months to a year. In some people, subsequent filler injections produce effective results and the interval between injections may continue to increase. If you are
Synthetic ones on the other hand contain collagen or other similar chemicals, but can produce more long-lasting results. They can be semi-permanent or permanent.
When to use fillers: A great skin care regime can help delay the onset of ageing changes and also reduce the severity. However, despite it, after a certain stage, there would definitely be changes arising out of muscle movement, fat loss, chronic sun damage, ageing skin, etc. When these begin to bother you, then dermal fillers are a good option to consider.
However, a detailed discussion with your dermatologist including aspects of both should ensue. From the doctor's end, check for his skills, experience, technique used, testimonials and expenses. Discuss your skin type, risk tolerance, and potential side effects before choosing a treatment option. Once you opt for dermal fillers, the routine skin care with well tested products needs to continue, including aggressive care against sun damage.