Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poornima S Dinesh
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poornima S DineshYour feedback matters!
I'm having severe toothache, filling came out and infection is very high. I am taking cap-mox and tab- crocin which gives me mild relief for 2 3 hrs only. I am 4 months pregnant. Can I go for tooth extraction or RCT at this stage? Will it affect my baby?
I have stained lips and gums due to smoking, though I have quit smoking from 3 months but they still look too dark. Help?
Hi sir I consult a doctor today he told that symptoms of ulcer so please tell what type of foods want to have?
Hello Doctor, Myself Ankur. I'm 35 years old and I want to put braces as my teeth are bit outward and there is gap between them. I want to know will it be successful at this age. Also taking out molar teeth will be suitable. And how much time will it take to get in.
Hi my son teeth is very big and unbalanced his age is 12 year please tell me how to solve the problem.
Though it may be very common, spitting out blood while brushing, however little, is not normal. Bleeding gums can be an early sign of gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontal disease and hence should never be ignored. It can also be a symptom of scurvy. Plaque, when accumulated over time can lead to the inflammation of gums. Vigorous brushing or flossing over these inflamed gums can make them bleed.
Other causes for bleeding gums can include:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Blood thinners
- Mouth sores
- Bleeding disorders
- Hormonal changes
- And, health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and leukemia
Regular dental checkups are essential to maintain healthy gums. A tooth clean up will rid your mouth of plaque and tartar that cause gum infections. Apart from that, here are a few things you can do at home.
- Eat a healthy diet: Avoiding excessive sugar can help keep your gums and teeth healthier. Replace this sugar with a diet rich in vegetables and fruits. This gives your gums the necessary nutrients. Chewing raw vegetables can also improve blood circulation in your gums and can help treat bleeding gums. Boosting your intake of vitamin A, C, calcium and magnesium can also keep your gums healthy.
- Dental routine: Brushing and flossing regularly are crucial to good dental health. This removes harmful bacteria that trigger dental infections. Make it a habit to brush and floss at least twice a day. The way you brush also makes a difference. Brush both sides of your teeth in an upwards and downwards movement instead of going from side to side. Also pay attention to the condition of your toothbrush. Change your toothbrush every six months and pick a soft or medium bristled toothbrush instead of firm bristled toothbrushes. Hard brushes can damage the soft tissues inside your mouth. Also, make it a habit to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after every meal. Alternatively, you could use a weak saline solution or hydrogen peroxide.
- Manage stress: Even your gums are affected by stress. Stress increases inflammation that causes bleeding and reduces the immune system's capability to fight infections. Studies have also shown a direct relationship between stress and the build up of plaque. Stress can also make it harder for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good dental habits.
- Stop sharing: Bleeding gums is a communicable infection. To protect yourself from bleeding gums, do not share things like glasses, cutlery etc. sharing toothbrushes should always be considered as a taboo.